3 replies to this topic

#1 Besst

Besst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:01 AM

UPDATE: Side effects starting at 10mg, see below

Weaning off the 30mg I've been on for long time. Already down to 20mg so far.

Schedule I created: EDITED 1/15/15 - I sped it up even more.

edited again 1/22

4 days x 25mg starts 1-9-15

2 days x 20mg starts 1-13-15

1 day x 15mg (1-15-15)

10mg (starts 1-16-15)

lower to 5mg when I feel stable

Stop.

Day 1 ok felt good. Day 2 ok, lest patience, little agitated.
Day 3 feel pretty good
Day 4 slept 10 hours. Tired, calm, increased libido.
Day 6 increase libido. No negative effects yet

Day 7 - first (and only) day on 15mg anxiety in AM at work. Good energy, more than usual. Woke up at 5am for the gym, followed by a 12 hour work day, followed by online classes. Down to 10mg tomorrow.

Day 8 first day at 10mg - first day at 10mg. I woke up with a cold today that my gf gave me, so needless to say i feel crappy but its hard to decipher the cold from any symptoms. 

Day 9 second day at 10mg Up until 4:30am, maybe too much caffeine. I feel like maybe I am on the verge of brain zaps. This is more of a feeling of a shutter in the front of my brain, almost like my eyes are briefly going haywire then regaining their equalibrium. Also having difficult breathing and muscle tension all day, these may be symptoms of my anxiety simply returning.. the "old me" if you will, they are familiar symptoms.

Day 11 third day  at 10mg - Still sick with cold. I am having trouble with words today. Trouble spelling and speaking/recalling words. I am anxious and very tired today, passing out easily at work. Found myself waking up from literally dozens of microsleeps at work, head slouched over.

Day 12 fourth day at 10mg - still at 10mg. Ears feel plugged up today (another weird anxiety issue that is unexplainable by pdoc and ENT doc that I experienced prior to the cymbalta and that went away while on it). 

Day 13 fifth day at 10mg - Bad day. Exhausted, incredibly dizzy. Felt some depersonalization. Very tired and passing out at work all day long, extreme urge to immediately fall asleep, hard to stay awake.

Day 14 sixth day at 10mg - originally planned to be down at 5mg but devloped these side effects so I am holding steady for awhile. Today was pretty shitty day. I was experiencing mild brain zaps all day. It feels like its in the frontal lobe of my brain. It feels like somebody stuck in a hand blender in my prefrontal cortex and is making it buzz and whirl around. I feel dizzy, lightheaded and feel the consant buzzing/zapping/shivering sensation as if I am going to quickly pass out or have a seizure. I fell asleep, and had an episode of sleep paralysis. I've had a few of these in life. Its horrible, you're awake but body is paralyzed and still asleep, I sat there while still asleep, shaking my head trying to bust out of the sleep. Finally I was able to explode awake and break through the sleep barrier. I was having continuous brain and body zaps while in the dream, I was even having a weird dream that I had a TENS device (an electrostimulator device) attached to my body in the dream and it was shocking me.

Day 15 - ?

#2 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:18 AM

Hi Besst

Welcome!

"This plan is a little faster than ideal . . ." Your body will let you know if it's too fast; if symptoms become overwhelming, slow down and stretch out the weaning program. Hopefully it will continue to go as it has in the first 6 days.

Good work, good luck, and keep us in the loop!

#3 Besst

Besst

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:22 AM

Thank you for the kind words I will update soon

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

Welcome Besst!

Happy you have found us!

You seem to be doing quite well so far - just remember to slow down if things get rough...

Please keep us updated and feel free to ask questions if you need any info!

Liz 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users