• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Glenys

Glenys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 04:22 PM

Although my first couple of months on Cymbalta were very "hyper", I soon slowed down to a stop and spent the next few months mostly in bed.  My GP couldn't understand why I would want to come off, but agreed to swap me over to Prozac (I knew this suited me better as I have been on it before - I only went on Cymbalta this time in the hope that it would also ease the pain).

She told me to wean off over 2 weeks!  I looked it up and realised this would be hell, so put myself to the task of breaking open both the Cymbalta and Prozac capules and repackaging them together - reducing the Cymbalta and adding the Prozac bit by bit, over around 2 months.

It worked a dream!  I had been reading that pharmacys would do this for me, but none that I talked to said they would, as it was not necessary!

I felt marvellous for a few months, and then went down again after a uterine polyp removal (strange how I felt at my best when suffering post menopausal bleeds from the polyp - weird), so decided to come off my 20mg dose of Amitripyline - after 11 years on it - so see if this was slowing down my recovery.  I think it is clearing out of my system now, but that withdrawal from that small dose over the last couple of months was far worse than the change over before from Cymbalta to Prozac.

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Thanks Glenys

That's the way I have been suggesting that people get off Cymbalta but so many don't want any "med" in their system.

I was off the Cymbalta for 10 to 12 weeks and still suffering from the lack of so was put on a low dose of Zoloft. It worked like a dream and I realized that I should have taken it long before.

Too many want to try Benzos that are so addictive when the answer really is so simple.

If you don't mind what were you taking amitriptyline for?? I take 30mg for my chronic IBS-D and have to be very careful with the timing with my other meds

Thanks for posting.

#3 Flossy

Flossy

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:55 PM

Wow! I'm totally going to ask my doctor about this! Will do anything to make this process less painful. Thanks for the tip 😊

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users