• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 missratac

missratac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am on Cymbalta and want to know what problems would arise in coming off.

Posted 19 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

is this a common effect when withdrawing from Cymbalta, as well as while on it? It is quite hot and humid here, which doesn't help, but I can just 'drip!' Having got through the menopause without hot flushes, they seem to be catching up now! I get them both in the daytime and at night.

I'm also feeling quite low at the moment and having a rough time with pain. I'm on a combination of clomipramine and amitriptyline (the former because it has previously been effective, and the latter because it is supposed to be more effective for pain.)

#2 renee

renee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am withdrawing from Cymbalta. I needed some help.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 05:08 AM

Yes I am sweating. and I had the same ? , wondering if it was just the weather, menopause or withdrawal. I hope it's the withdrawal and I hope its my body revving back up after being in 2nd gear for 2 years.
Along with the sweats come some mild anxiety, sometimes a happy excited feeling, sometimes a little bit worried. But it actually feels more like my old self again which I'm welcoming back ,even with the neuroses.
Yes I'm sweating...
I've lost 3 lbs in 5 days... :)

#3 em786

em786

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm weaning off of Cymbalta... officially started weaning off the first week of June 2012

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Ahhh I'm so glad I found this! I thought I was going crazy!
I have been off of Cymbalta 3 weeks this coming Friday and it's been a mess.
I've always been a sweater, but lately I sweat 50x more than I ever have
and it's been causing mild body odor. I was getting really frustrated; still
am I suppose, but I'm glad I found a reason. I've also had mild anxiety, so
everything you've said renee has been so reassuring.
Since I see this was all posted in 09, I wonder if you have stopped suffering
from the sweating...?

#4 plezhelp

plezhelp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • why_joining:
    life is not about what happens on the outside, it's how we percieve it on the inside.

Posted 20 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Ahhh I'm so glad I found this! I thought I was going crazy!
I have been off of Cymbalta 3 weeks this coming Friday and it's been a mess.
I've always been a sweater, but lately I sweat 50x more than I ever have
and it's been causing mild body odor. I was getting really frustrated; still
am I suppose, but I'm glad I found a reason. I've also had mild anxiety, so
everything you've said renee has been so reassuring.
Since I see this was all posted in 09, I wonder if you have stopped suffering
from the sweating...?

hi "em786" welcome to the wonder-foul world of cymbalta & his tricky-icky side effects! ain't the sweating a hoot ~ your own personal sauna where ever you go! hard to invite anyone else in to share...but you can vividly describe it for most in living color language...if you can still stand to be around people! i've gone totally hippy - less clothing choices and only loose cool life enhancing breathable materials. i'd run around naked if i could find a place that would let me! oh yeah i live with a huge bottle of hand-sanitizer just to throw on my pits 20-30 times a day. i bathe a couple times a week in apple-cider vinager,epsom salts, baking soda and tepid/cool water...stay in 20 minutes letting the water cool down...and hopefully take me with it! this has really helped me get back to a comfortable temperature and not scratch myself silly! another good friend i'd like to introduce you to is Bonds powder ~ i love the extra strength which has a wonderful minty-smell...so slather that on any unexposed 'wet spots' and let the shivering begin! i am being satirical ~ and honest that this has been working well for me. i hope you hear from some of those that have left the wonder-foul world of cymbalta, but there are few left here...most are NOt looking back {at least that is what i tell myself} hope this helps and keep me posted how you are doing ~ YOU ARE NOT ALONE! peace&laughter

#5 Shelly

Shelly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationAlsea, Oregon
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta Withdrawal. Diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis (20 years); Fibromyalgia (Summer 2011); Arthritis...

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:05 AM

I guess I'm "blessed" in that I only sweat at night, and usually only following a decrease. Sucks tho! My husband tells me I flail as well. I never realize it at all. Weird.

I wish people would come back and post too. I will for sure! If it gives just one person hope then it's worth my time and effort :)

#6 SuzieQ007

SuzieQ007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:28 AM

Wow! Now that I think about it, I've been sweating since I started on cymbalta but always thought it was related to menopause...which according to my doctor, I'm not in.

#7 Heartfeathers

Heartfeathers

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • why_joining:
    I no longer trust the medical profession and I will NEVER take another prescription drug again! NEVER!!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

The sweating is a common theme in the withdrawals. I have what seems to be a 2 degree comfort range. A degree over or under and I am either freezing or sweating!

#8 caw86

caw86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:14 AM

I'm sweating like a construction worker with even the smallest amount of activity. I feel hot and clammy all the time. It is monsoon season, but I don't remember it effecting me this badly last summer.

#9 ewalker

ewalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

I can so relate. I have gone through menopause and this is 50 times worse. The sweat just drips off me. everywhere, even places I didn't know I could sweat. I could be doing absolutely nothing and it pours out. I hope it doesn't last long. I have been completely weened for 2 weeks now

#10 jackieo

jackieo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

This is crazy, I feel exactly the same way!!! I found this page and am practically bawling because I see so many of the same symptoms I am having, I thought I was going crazy!

#11 olikunvrhav

olikunvrhav

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • why_joining:
    "where i was born, and where and how i have lived is unimportant ~ it is what i have done with where i have been that should be of interest."

Posted 17 July 2012 - 04:55 PM

good gravy..i feel like i am on low-boil - i'm freakin stewing in my own juices!! its too hot to move..even too hot to think - what i call 'stupid-hot'! i am still on the once a day dosage, but the sleeping/hibernating is beginning to finally taper off. unfortunately the sadness is dogging me again. i am trying to view it as a 'testing' of my newly learned/unlearned thot processes..but i can easily say i am in the battle of my life. i have to be diligent in what i watch,read,listen to (NO sad songs)and force myself to write - with both hands = which helps to retrain my brain to think/know/incorporate the knowledge and understanding. when going to sleep i try to watch a sitcom, or write positive things till i'm too tired to think. i have worked outdoors for most of my life but ever since on cymbalta..i cannot stand being too cold or too hot..and i cannot control the thermostat outside..aaarrggghh!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users