9 replies to this topic

#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:00 PM

On December 11, 2013 Cymbalta went generic. Cymbalta was the most popular antidepressant in 2013 and 2014. It's thought this is because of the great variety of symptoms for which it is prescribed: GAD, fibromyalgia, depression, pain, urinary incontinence, etc. 

Any brand name med sales will drop as the less expensive generics emerge, and this was true for Cymbalta. Generic Duloxetine sales, however, still remain brisk! The generic Duloxetine is manufactured by 29 companies, and the database of Medindia currently has 77 Brands of generics of Duloxetine listed, and new ones are still coming on stream!

Here's the thing: soon Cymbalta Withdrawal Forums will be irrelevant, and it's clearly happening as we speak; it seems that fewer and fewer people use the website. Cymbalta is just one name of many for the same drug.

Duloxetine Withdrawal Forums would surely be more relevant. Any thoughts?

#2 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 02 March 2015 - 02:23 PM

I agree! My heart aches for anyone in withdrawals from this drug! :angry:

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:46 PM

Fully agree! Never thought about that, great insight TM!

#4 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:25 PM

In a google search I just did for "duloxetine withdrawal forums" Cymbaltawithdrawal.com did come up fairly close to the top so I don't think this is an issue at this point. When searching "duloxetine" the brand name of Cymbalta usually shows in the search or in the article itself

#5 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:44 PM

LadyNancy, I disagree with your assessment: If you google 'Duloxetine withdrawal'-- which is a more likely search-- 'Cymbalta Withdrawal Forums' does not show up.

I think the name 'Cymbalta Withdrawal Forums' has passed its time of relevance in light of all the generic names flooding the market.

#6 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 02 March 2015 - 05:30 PM

Yes I stand corrected but if you google "duloxetine withdrawal" you do get Cymbalta withdrawals and with todays search engines it will lead you here at some point.

I know when I was on before there was a great lull in new  people at one point as well but there are many who come and look at the forums as guests so we need to keep the most important information as close to the top as possible. 

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:25 PM

LN

Good point.

Perhaps there is some website title that would also embrace those folks using one of the many generic versions of this drug, a title broader in scope.

#8 dstanek

dstanek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

I was taking the generic. But knew it was cymbalta. I work in a doctor's office and when they prescribe it they tell the patient it it cymbalta, but generic. It's easier to search cymbalta knowing that is what you are taking than the generic name.

#9 yashismom

yashismom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:27 AM

Just wondering, can i ween myself from 30mg generic cymbalta? Ive opened up the capsules and taken 5-6 minipills a day, but im thinking thats too much to start.
Maybe just start with 1 for a week, then 2. Or do you think i should be on each dose 2 weeks? Im already experiencing sweats, headachey and anxiety.

#10 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

yashismom

Yes you can wean off.

How long were you on Cymbalta?

How many beads are there in each capsule? Take a capsule apart and count the little beads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users