SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:
    Hubby is having bad anxiety problems due to cymbalta withdrawl

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

I hope so. I just keep my fingers crossed . Things have to get better sooner or later.

Tomarrow I will have my kids and I away from the house for a while.
the one time a year my kids and I go and have some fun.

#92 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 07 September 2009 - 06:02 AM

SarahT,
How's things going? Please let use know!

Hugs,
Debbie

#93 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 September 2009 - 07:51 AM

Well yesterday was uneventful lol. I took all 5 kids to the fair. I had entered like 10 different crochet items. lol have to learn to knit again butt. I only received one first, butt only two of the items did not place.

I was worried and scared about leaving hubby at home but his dad and brother were here. I find myself hopeing for good things to happen on Wednesday. We shall see.

I printed off the withdrawl side effects for the dr. lol and a great majority of them he has.

#94 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:38 PM

SarahT,
I reallly do think that's all that's wrong with im, but I am just a nurse of 35 years, and not giving out medical advice.

I am so glad that you got to get out, and just enjoy life for the day!!! This does damage to all those that are around. It like the disease of addicton, it afects everyone in the family, ae does what your husband is going through. I hopw your gettting help for yourself too.

We wnd up losingourselves in the other person, as we keep our focus on them, and it becomes our world. He needs to be here doing some of this, and not just you.

I hope that maybe he will let his ego not keep gettting the best of him, as I know how that goes too. It is harder for me to reach out for help.

I am so grateful for the guys we do have here. He could see that he is not alone, or weak
ny what he is going through, and get the support firtst hand.

Kepp up the taking care of Sarah, and don't worry about him, he will be fine. He can call someone if he needs help, don't be afraid to leave him alone, nothing bad will happen. It sounds like due to such bad doctors, and stufff that your really stressing yourself out a bit more thst you need to.

Relax, we are all making it, and I have not heard that anyone has died coming off this crap.

Kepp writng, it is good for you too!

Love,
Debbie

#95 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 07 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

You know what is criminal? The massive overuse of all these drugs! There are people for whom they are beneficial but they are being well and truly overused - and for all the wrong reasons. Someone at another forum was telling me that kids as young as TWO are being given SSRIs. THAT is criminal. For god's sake - their brains are still developing. How could anyone possibly justify that? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Sarah.. so glad you got to get away and do something for yourself. It is so important to get some respite from time to time. I echo what Deb said.. keep writing. We want to know how things are going. We are here for you :)

#96 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:37 AM

Junior, and Sarah,
I totally agree with you junior about the fact that they are giving these drugs, and MAO's to little kids. It used to piss me off that the parents would
even bring their kids to those units, vs owningtheir part as parents not doing their jobs!! Then blaming it on the kids. My parents took my to see a
shrink when I was in 2 nd grade, and he told them there was nothing wrong with me. Little did he know what was going on in our home!!!!

Any way I was just wondering how everything was with your husband, and you.

Hope both of you are getting some rest at least, and when do you see the new doctor?

Love,
Debbie

#97 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 September 2009 - 07:00 AM

This are about the same not sure about worse ...

We see the new dr tomarrow...@ 11 am centril time.

Actually sleep is not much better... did not help that I was at the er with my step son till 1 am. And I had to go cuz hubby couldn't.

#98 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:29 AM

SarahT
Sounds like he is just miserable from the withdrawls, and anxiety. He was on such a massive dose to start with. I only know from my own experience that after 3 1/2 years, and all the damage it did to me mentaly causing so much depression like symptoms, and sever
anxiety that I have been one who has had a difficult time getting off this stuff too!

I have had to really go down very slow, and I am staying where I am. After what I did try to
do and go down again to soon, well it was by accident, but what a price I paid.

All I know it that I am so grateful my family doctor just give me my RX in whatever dose I tell him I need, and for how long I willl take that for?

If it does not work out with the new doc, maybe try your family doctor, they do order these kinds of meds too!!!

Good Luck with the new doc. Sorry you had to go to the ER, hope your son is ok.
Get some rest sometime today for yourself.

Love,
Debbie

#99 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:03 PM

This Dr. was verry nice and listened and agreed to the fact that he is like this due to the meds. So that was good someone who listened. She asked about admitting him for detox but did not go into detail.

Bad news is she can not help him get off the meds. Next thing he can try is to find a dr who eithor the one he sees for reg dr visits or one around here so we shall see.

The first one who asked how I was taking it all almost cryed in the office.

#100 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:27 PM

Well at least you got a Dr who listened this time but it's not much help if she can't direct you from here. Couldn't she have given you a referral or a phone number or something? Sheeesh!!

#101 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 September 2009 - 02:47 PM

She gave us somewhere to go but said she believed that they were not taking new patients.
Today was a bad day and I am really down and stressed out.

#102 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

hey.. chin up. You've got a lead now and, in my experience, when a place can't take you on they give you details of somewhere else you can go. I know it is hard but just keep putting one foot in front of the other.. and repeat after me...

IT WILL GET BETTER
IT WILL GET BETTER
IT WILL GET BETTER

Hang in there Sarah. We are here for you. (((((((((((((((((((((((((HUMUNGOUS HUGS!!))))))))))))))))))))))

#103 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:27 AM

We also going to see if the one we saw on wed will tell the psyciatrist that he needs to come off the meds. .the psyciatrist told us we need to do what the psychologist tells us. And she agreed it was the meds.

#104 azwahr

azwahr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have Cymbalta withdrawal and need support with my peers

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:32 AM

Hey Everyone,

So tell me I was on Cymbalta for 7 days quit taking it Sunday Night. I have felt wonderfull all week. My girlfriend is so happy I am back to normal. Then Friday arrives. I feel absolutely horrible My head is cloudy and my tongue is numb? Everything is real bright as I sit here at work. I havent had solid sleep all week and my muscles in my body hurt like never before. Its the wierdest feeling. Could this be Cymbalta withdrawal or am I just overeacting?

#105 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:37 PM

Yes it could definitely be withdrawal. I was only on Cymbalta for 19 days yet it took another 14 to get over the withdrawal. I had severe upper abdo pain, mood swings, insomnia (which is an ongoing problem but I don't think it is related strictly to the Cymbalta), probably hypomania....

Hang in there. It will pass :)

#106 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 11 September 2009 - 06:09 PM

Junior, you have a post under AFL (see under 'view new posts').

Maureen. :)

#107 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 September 2009 - 02:23 PM

GO PIES!!!!!!!!!! =D

#108 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:46 AM

I went to the FDA and searched up Cymbalta.out of 340 go read number 11 . Let me say WOW. I saved it. it all PISSES ME OFF.

Now I have to worry about the crap he isas going to go through coming off Citalapram and it has the sam GD effects in some cases worse.

#109 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 September 2009 - 05:31 PM

He's lucky he has you. Hopefully when his brain regains some semblance of normality he will realise that :)

#110 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

Some days when things are bad and I snap at him in part because that day that time I am over loaded I am not sure that he is lucky. And sometimes with as crappy as thing have gotten I don't know that I feel lucky.

#111 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 September 2009 - 07:30 PM

It's taking its toll on you and that is not surprising. I remember when Mum suffered a bad bout of depression and took to bed for 2 months. I was only 20 but I took on the running of the household along with my full time job. It took its toll on me too. Our bodies are not designed for this sort of ongoing stress - even without an anxiety problem! Just try to take care of yourself. Nurture yourself. It's not all about your husband. It's about you too.

Oh and sorry I wasn't on MSN earlier. I had to go out.

#112 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 September 2009 - 02:20 AM

it is ok lol I had spent most of my day chasing mini horses back into their pen grrrr

Then my brother and sister in law came over with their kids. I enjoy having them visit but their kids distroy my house in the process and most times they show up eat and leave never bringing anything to pass so we foot the bill.

Then ontop o everything I was accident prone yestrday...I cut my finger the first time picking corn on a corn stalk then cut the same finger tryinhg to seperte the fence to get the horses back in. Then got a sliver in my other hand and scratched up my legs chasing them. lol and got into the tub to was the dirt off my legs and stubbed my toe. yesterday sucked LOL

We will see how today goes.

#113 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 14 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

SarahT
Hi, I have not had my internet for over a week, and just got it this am.
I am wondering how everything is going for the both of you?

Let me know,
Debbie

#114 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 September 2009 - 08:55 AM

Things are about the same. We see the ne psychologist again on wednesday. Today is juat a crappy day.

#115 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:37 AM

Sarah,
I just read about the bad day you had! You poor thing! I havce days like that, it is now what I have found out from being on the Cymbalta, and coming off of it too!

I have so missed being here, and talking to everyone. We have all been brought together because of a horrible thing has been done to us, but we have found eachother to support
oneanother during all of this.

I am in AA, and I know what that means to me to have people who understand what I am going through, as normal people don't. Just like with no one understands us like those who are having to live it, or their loved ones.

I hope your having a better day. Did you know that being clumbsy, well having that kind of day you had is a sign of major stress too!!! Just thought I would throw some of my psycho babble in there. I did counseling for years, so it's hard not to throw the stuff around at times.

Love,
Debbie

#116 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

I know but there is not much of a way to releave my stress at least not right now. Trying to do what I can.

#117 SarahT

SarahT

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

Well I am not sure how I am doing today. Still working on getting hubby better... Still trying to find a job. But nothing.

Hubby...he is some better and that is something to look forward to. Some days it is hard just not fast enough with some things. I miss us together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users