#1 Cse70

Cse70

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

I had counted out beads for 20 mg in order to start the 10% taper. So, I placed 120 of those impossibly small granules from the generic Apotek in the capsules. I ordered a weight scale for future titrations and received it yesterday. When I did the calculations and weighed the 20 mg capsules, they were about 25% over on weight. Since the beads are so small (some are like dust), my belief is that the scale provides for a more accurate dose. The scale was only $20 from Amazon.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:49 AM

Great info Cse. I have never heard of different size beads in a capsule. I was on the brand name and they were all exactly the same size. In your case I think the scale was a brilliant move and should help.

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

Cse

I have a small digital scale like the one you describe, and even at .01 gram claimed accuracy it seems coarse. Will yours register a couple of beads?

#4 Cse70

Cse70

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:19 AM

Yes, as I was weighing yesterday, I would take out a bead at a time for accuracy. I had to remember to take the gelatin capsule out of the equation because it weighs .076 and 20 mg of beads weighs .119 For a total of .195.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users