#1 Cse70

Cse70

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

I had to laugh! I went to the psychiatrist today and informed him that I had made the decision 6 weeks ago to stop Lamictal and wean off Cymbalta. After telling me, "you can't do that"', I explained how I was tapering and my current dosage was 20 mg, "thank you very much." He proceeds to tell me that I can't objectively manage my "treatment resistant depression" and after I assured him that I could he just stared at me and said "will there be anything else" and stopped talking. When I get to the pharmacy, I find out he called NO MEDS for refill. Thank goodness, I saved beads so I can make up my own meds. Poor doc, I think it rattled him to have someone take charge of their own health!

😄

#2 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:02 PM

Cse70

Oh dear.

Your shrink appears to be a personified walking display board for the services of that profession--

We Treat The Following Personality Defects:

Passive-Aggressive behaviour.

Control issues.

Anger.

Vindictiveness.

Arrogance.

God-of-the-Old-Testament Complex.

Good for you Cse, I'm proud of you! Your strength should have been acknowledged and fostered; in my small way I'm doing that: you can do this, and when you do, you will be becoming the person you want to be! Bravo!!

If you need a few more meds for weaning purposes see another doctor, or get a week's emergency supply from the pharmacy.

Take care.

#3 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 20 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

Cse,

WAY TO GO!!!

You can do this! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users