#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

The website listed below shows all the active and inactive ingredients for all prescription an non-prescription medicines registered with the FDA. Just type in the EXACT name of the medicine and hit enter. It will pop up with a list if manufacturers to choose from. Click on your manu and and all pertanent medical info will show up. The last item in the list is 'ingredients'. Click on that and it will display all ingredients in that med. I have been working on my meds and have found several which  contain laxatives, plastics, and other articles of concern. I am in the process of switching these meds out with other less threatening meds.

http://dailymed.nlm....lymed/index.cfm

#2 Cse70

Cse70

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

FH,

Valuable information!

I just wish they would list the percentages of inactive ingredients. My generic beds are so tiny, I worry how much is actual medication and how much is talc, etc.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:19 PM

CSE

One way to find out. A 60 mg capsule of Cymbalta contains 67 mg of the medicine 9this is to compensate for the small amount not absorbed by your body. If you have some way to weigh one capsule you can simply divide the 67 mg by the weight of the capsule and take it times 100. A local jeweler have scales that usually weight in mg. You might find one that will help you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users