Photo

Treatment For Cymbalta Withdrawal And Damage?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

Treatment for Cymbalta withdrawal and damage?

Stress causes oxidative stress effects which lead to anxiety and/or depression.
Periods of stress causes the release of adrenaline which increases pulse, blood pressure and respiration. This greatly increases the amount of oxygen in tissues. Oxidative stress is a condition of increased oxidation in animal cells characterized by the release of free radicals (Chemicals charged either positive or negative) and resulting in cellular degeneration. Oxidative stress is caused by any type of physical or emotional stress. This oxidation can damage vertually any physical or chemical part of a cell including proteins, enzymes, neurotransmitters and even DNA.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC2763246/
This report reviews 53 research documents that lay out how stress causes an increase in cellular oxidation (oxidative stress) which can in turn cause anxiety which causes more oxidative effects perpetuating the cycle.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3964749/
A paper explaining the relationship between oxidative stress and anxiety.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4316245/
This paper shows the relationship between oxidative stress and depression.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC2649700/Bouayed
A paper explaining the relationship between oxidative stress and anxiety.

Summary - There is substantial proof that;

Vitamin C Reduces Anxiety.

Vitamin C helps control neurotransmitters.

Vit C Protects nerves from damage and can repair already damaged nerves and improves cognative ability due to stress.

Vit C protects cells against oxidative stress.

Vit C helps repairs DNA Damage.

Depression is caused by oxidative stress and helped by Vit C use.

Repairs Hippocampus

Helps repair and prevent stroke damage and risk.

Helps treat morphine, heroin, tranquilizer and benzodiazepine withdrawal.

There is limited evidence that;

Vitamin C may lengthen life span.

Helps prevent and repair Alzheimer's damage.

Treats Parkinson's

There is also substantial evidence that l-lysine/L-arginine reduces anxiety.

There are details in the attached document as well as my plans and recommendations.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:38 PM

Anyway I forgot to add my interpretation and plans to this.

I am going to use 500 mg/day of vitamin C (not enteric coated or time release) with 100 mg citrus bioflavonoids to help absorbtion. (Some C has up to 1400 mg bioflavinoids but that is way too high and can cause some serious side effects). I think there is a little rutin in mine as well. I will start up slowly and see how it goes. I will keep you all posted on how I feel. I will start in about a month (I have other health issues to address first.)

After I get established with the vitamin C then I will begin 500 mg/day each of the l-lysine/l-arginine with 50 mg of zinc (helps the body absorb these amino acids). Of course I will have a discussion with my drs before I get into all this.

#3 tria

tria

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:04 PM

Wonderful wonderful information - thank you so much FH!  I take a variety of supplements for my mitochondrial myopathy and one of my new docs wasn't happy with how many I was taking (even though she is only an internist and did no real research into what helps or doesn't help mito disease).  Interestingly enough, Vit C was one she had me stop. (I didn't completely agree with her as I've done a good deal of research into the supplements I take but thought I'd go along and see what happens.)  Over the past month or so, I've been much more cranky and can't seem to find an explanation for it.  I've also been experiencing "edgy-ness" for lack of a better term, not exactly anxiety but similar.  Haven't had time yet to read all the great info you posted but wondering if stopping the Vit C may have something to do with this.  I'll be adding it back in and see if I notice any difference.  I take 500mg with 200mg rose hips once a day.  And, yes I know I should tell my doc but not going to.  She will only get mad and tell me I'm wrong.  I don't feel she is qualified to treat the mito disease but I'm stuck with her while I'm searching for a new capable neuro (and eventually a new internist as well).

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:12 PM

Tria

Vit C is commonly recommended for mitochondrial conditions as your. Mitochondria are the most effected part of a cell by oxidative stress. This makes sense as it is the 'lung' of a cell that has to process incoming oxygen. The edginess that comes from stopping Vitamin C is often referred to as vitamin C withdrawal. It is not a true withdrawal but a return of the increased oxidative stress. There is a lot of vitamins and supplements with limited research and I would be hesitant to use one of them. This is a subject that has been deeply explored with dozens of research papers out there. Dumb dr.

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Excuse my butting in here, but this was extremely interesting to me.  I take a woman's daily vitamin daily and just noticed that the amount of Vitamin C contained is only 50% of the daily recommended amount.

Could this account for my extreme anger with everything and major upset?  I felt that things were really going downhill and couldn't figure out what was going on.  I will gladly add more Vitamin C if this could be helpful.  (Yikes - I just checked again and I am only getting 30mg/day!  Looks like I need more...)

Thanks for listening to my (I think) stupid questions!

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:45 PM

As you said 30 mg/day is only half the daily recommended dose for a normal individual but as you can see for people who are suffering a lot of stress they recommend 500 to a thousand mg/day!!  Definitely up the dose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users