Photo

Has Anyone Else Had To Reduce Dose This Slowly?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tria

tria

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:11 PM

Hello everyone!  It's been a looooong time since I posted here.  My weaning off Cymbalta is not going well and has been complicated by my other health problems.  I was weighing my dose as that seemed to work better for me, but the lower I got, the worse the w/d symptoms got.  So, I went back to counting, taking out one teeny pellet every two weeks.  I am at 32 pellets now so at this rate, it will take me forever to get off this drug!!  Has anyone else had this much trouble weaning off this awful drug?  Even going so slowly, I still have nausea, diarrhea and my headaches have been worse since I started the weaning process so long ago.  Going this slowly has helped the mood problems so that's at least one plus.  I finally found the energy to post here today but if anyone responds please forgive me if I don't answer quickly (or at all).  My overall health has been very poor, and I'm dealing with new doctors (since my much-loved neuro retired) which only makes the situation worse.  Anyway, just felt the need to connect with you all again and hope you all are having better luck than me getting off this drug!!!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:30 PM

I have to admit that is really slow. I know of one person that dropped a bead every 3 days. But it is whatever works for you. I would say that the stress you are suffering is probably making things worse. Just keep at a slow pace until your other problems are resolved and then see if you can increase your bead counting rate.

By the way I just posted under Medical Support a new post on a possible cure treatment for Cymbalta withdrawal that seems promising. I am about to add to that post in a minute as well. You might check it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users