2 replies to this topic

#1 WendyK

WendyK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Want to get off the meds and have found hope in reading the posts here.

Posted 31 May 2015 - 10:57 AM

I wanted to write a quick note to give an update on my bead counting. Today is Day 42, and so far, things are going ok.

I started the bead counting withdrawal process on April 20, and have been going steady at it. So far I have not needed to taper off and readjust. (Yet.). I have been on 60 mg for roughly 8 years now when I decided to get off of the meds. I really think that this is the best decision I have made in regards to this.

When I started, I had an average of 202 beads in each pill. (It is a pain to count all of those beads). I began just by taking out 1 more bead per day. This is a slow process, but like I said, so far I haven't had any telling side effects from weaning. Not anything I could really pin point in regards to withdrawal symptoms.

On Day 18, I started a new bottle of meds and when a few of the pills were counted, my average was 196. In all honesty, I thought about doing a little math and figuring out how many I should take out to be at the same level I was already going at. But, I took a leap and went ahead and still took out 18. Once I did a little math, it was roughly a 1% difference. So, I just kept on going. Luckily, I didn't have any issues doing that.
On Day 30, instead of taking out 30 beads, I took out 31. Day 31, took out 32. Day 32, took out 33. On Day 33 I took out 35. I have been making slight little jumps to slowly increase. Mostly as an experiment, just to see what happens. So far, so good.

When I first wrote on here, I talked about what course of action I was going to take and being convinced to bead count was the best option.
So, today is Day 42 and I am taking out 45 beads. I have a journal, small pocket calendar, and a spreadsheet to help me keep track. I am roughly down 23% right now from 60 mg. I am not saying that the percentage is 100% accurate, but it gives me an idea.

I just want to conclude that so far, going slowly and bead counting is working for me. I know a lot of people don't really have issues until they are less than half down, but I am trying to stay positive. Plus being really busy at work has helped. On an average day I am walking at least 2 miles a day. And that is while at work. So, I really feel that is helping also.

Lastly I will say that bead counting is working in regards to weaning, but Holy Moley, they are a pain in the you know what to count. I feel like I get cross-eyed.

Thanks to everyone for the advice on this. While I am keeping a journal for myself in regards to my progress, I will still periodically leave updates here too. I wish the best of luck to anyone else who is doing this or thinking about it.

Wendy

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

Thanks Wendy for posting your success.

It is such a boost to hear from those who are being successful.

You have made a great start and are progressing wonderfully and all symptom free which is the biggest goal.

I look forward to further updates from you.

Take care of you and be well

Nancy

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 01:26 PM

Yes I agree, good work Wendy.

Don't rush it-- take the full length of the timeline you're on; still, you may have to slow down right near the last few beads.

Thank you for this valuable update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users