• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cardinallady

cardinallady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I stopped taking Cymbalta three days ago and I am having side effects.

Posted 25 August 2009 - 03:58 AM

Its only been 3 days since I went off cymbalta and I'm curious how long the brain zaps and dizziness will last. I was only on cymbalta for a couple of years for my anxiety and now I'm ready to get off the couch and get my life back. I'd like some advice on how to make the withdrawals symptoms a little easier.

#2 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:22 AM

please go to http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

This has all the withdrawl symptoms. It willl help you so very much, and let you know all that your going through is just the coming off of this noxious drug.

How long will they last, everyone is different. I had to adjust my dose so that I don't get them, Iam on a very slow wean.

Debbie

#3 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:42 AM

It doesn't seem to matter how long you were on Cymbalta - like others here I was on 30mg for one month, 60mg every 1 to 1 1/2 days for a few weeks, then back to 30mg per day or less when the problems struck.

Like Debbie, I'm now on a very slow wean, opening the 30mg capsules and emptying half the contents before taking it.

The difference between taking 30mg every second day and 15mg every day is amazing.

What dose were you on??

#4 Attorney_Victim

Attorney_Victim

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 29 August 2009 - 04:32 PM

The reason the every other day method does not work is because of the extremely short "half life" of Cymbalta. In other words, no matter how high the dose, the drug clears your system very quickly (about 8-12 hrs on average). That is why taking a smaller dose more frequently has such a better outcome. Myself and another person did a lot of research on this last year, but it sounds like all of that info has gotten buried on here. I wish you guys all the best. Hang in there...it does get better. I'm 16 months Cymbalta free!!

If you are interested in becoming a plaintiff in a class-action lawsuit against Eli Lilly, please send me a PM or an e-mail.

#5 Psychgrad1

Psychgrad1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationWestern NJ
  • why_joining:
    tough time getting off Cymbalta

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

I know this is going to sound strange, but, I honestly am somewhat grateful that the Cymbalta got me to be able to live a normal productive life with fibromyalgia. Before the cymbalta,I couldn't even get out of bed, let alone have a life. While I was taking it I was able to take care of two terminally ill parents for three years, plan both of their funerals, and settle their estates while going to college online and getting a degree. It really did feel like a miracle drug. Someone should just inform you that you have to stay on it until you die to avoid this hellish unpleasantry of a withdrawal.

I must say I am not enjoying the drunken dizzy feelings, the brain zaps, and crashing sounds. I know it is the 4th of July, but this has been happening for days. Here on day 10 of my personal hell, my attitude has been getting a little better.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do!

Valerie
(Psychgrad1)

#6 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:24 PM

Daniel,

Are you taking Cymbalta or trying to quit taking it? The brain zaps don't start until you stop taking the drug.

Rick

#7 RickWC

RickWC

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • why_joining:
    Trying to quit Cymbalta

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:43 PM

rick iam taking cymbalta i was on 6o mg now taking 30 my doctor cut me back about 5 months ago thats when all the weird stuff started happening , i had a rash under my right arm that wouldnt go away then it would but would come back it finally stopped now i have it under the left arm i feel fatigued all the time, and achy all over some times i have shooting pains down my arms so bad i want to scream i pop asprin all day long sometimes just to get through work i also feel congested all the time like a cold comming on also when i sit down some times i just fall asleep for an hour or more king of scary since i do sleep well at night when i first went on this stuff it seemed to wwork now dont think so

Sorry you are going through this. It sounds like you are getting the full basket of nasty withdrawal symptoms. I have been weaning from 60mg to 30mg as well and have spent the past couple of weeks cutting back on the days when I take cymbalta. 30 mg every other day,then 30 mg every 3 days, etc. I just finished 3 days off and one day on and am not on day 2 of the next cycle.

Going this route, the withdrawal symptoms have been mild with anger and irritability being the worst. No brain zaps. Of course I'm also taking Prozac 40mg which helps with the withdrawal. I once went from 60mg per day to 0 for 4 days straight and the symptoms were hell. It seems like the brain zaps started after the 3rd day going cold turkey, like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users