7 replies to this topic

#1 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

I've been doing the 2-bead a day routine since February and am halfway between a 40 and 30 mg. dosage after having

been at 60 mg.  So I've gained some ground.

I started very small withdrawal symptoms a couple of weeks ago but wrote it off as no big deal.  Continued tapering.
Yesterday morning it hit me like a lead balloon.  The first 3 hours of my day I'm like a zombie and then the fog starts to

clear.

I think I'm going to have to put this thing on hold until this stabilizes. 

The symptom that got my attention was being light headed when I was out on my daily walks, even my morning walk.
I just noticed that I really had to watch what I was focusing on - near as opposed to far.

Then the sinuses started to drip a bit, eyes burning.....feeling like allergy or beginning of sinus problem.  That's when
I should have know it was withdrawal because there are no seasonal allergies right now that I'm allergic to.  Just spring

and fall.  

My work involves a lot of computer work and focusing ability.  I had actually calculated my ending day of January 26th, 2016,

give or take.  That would have been an entire year of tapering.

Anyway.....notice those small changes and don't ignore them like I did.  I've now had to put back beads for where I was a

week ago to get me leveled off again.  I just hope I start feeling better before I resume teaching classes next week for the

fall.

It's also hard to go through this when you have no one significant in your life to help be a barometer or check on you. 

My kids don't have a clue what I'm going through.  25 year old daughter and 22 year old son - both engaged to be

married in the next year or so.

Thanks for listening....

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 August 2015 - 05:00 PM

Good plan BW63

Because of the half-life of Cymbalta it will probably get a little worse over the next 2 or 3 days. Definitely a patience game. Take your time and hang in there. I would guess you will feel like dropping some more again in 3 or4 weeks. When you start back up you need to go a little slower. Try alternating, one bead one day and 2 beads the next. Unluckily the farther along you go the slower you have to take it.

Hang in there, you are doing fine.

#3 Ramona80

Ramona80

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:51 PM

Thanks for sharing this, I am keeping an eye out for withdrawal symptoms in my taper, too. I hope things get stable for you soon.

#4 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 09:28 AM

Thank you, Fishinghat and Ramona.  Oh, the feelings that erupt when one is going through withdrawal. 

I'm angry with the company and the doctors for even allowing this *(&!! to happen.  The doctors are

absolutely clueless!!!

At least I know I'm going through withdrawal so I'm staying away from letting the anger get the better of me.

I ended up going back to the 40 mg dosage this morning.  The brain cells are firing much better but the body

is still a little sluggish.

I'm going to stay at the 40 mg dosage for quite a while.  No more tapering for a while.  Even though the

slow tapering is the BEST way to do this, it's putting my body through absolute HELL. 

I think it's because I've been on the drug for nearly 10 years. 

#5 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:25 PM

I've remained at 40 mg on Crapalta and continued to level out.  It took 10 days to start to feel better.

But this week, which is three weeks after that (I think), I noticed I was still getting the slight head feeling
coupled with nausea after I'd been working at the computer most of the day....so still having

withdrawal symptoms.  ALL of my work is reading on the computer.  That's how I make a living!!

But I saw the nurse practitioner at the mental health center on Monday and told her I'd still like to

try adding Zoloft so I could continue with the tapering but she needed to talk to my pain doctor
who said flat out no to the Zoloft 3 weeks ago.

I called the nurse practitioner back this morning saying....if you haven't conversed with the pain

doctor yet, I'm still having the head feeling with nausea which means I'm still in withdrawal so

please make sure the pain doctor understands this.

Nurse practitioner calls me this afternoon and says I've now been prescribed 25 mg zoloft. 

Woohoo!!  We are finally gaining some ground with the doctors.  I'm going to take my time
before beginning the tapering process because I need my brain to be stabilized for at least

a month before resuming that process.

I'm having to watch everything I'm doing because I am on the Tramadol so I've got 3 ssri's to

balance. 

People who have never been on this shit have no idea what it's like when the brain cells aren't

firing. 

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 September 2015 - 06:57 PM

Hi BW63

Yes, definitely watch out for serotonin syndrome symptoms. Also, remember that it takes Zoloft 4 to 8 weeks to reach full effect.

Good luck.

#7 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 05 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

ButterflyWings, seems like you are getting the doctors to understand exactly what you are going through.  This is wonderful news for you.  I'm very proud of the fact you were determined to express your horrific withdrawal to the NP and made great headway.  Yes, listen to Fishinghat on the time it takes for Zoloft to start taking effect.  Good luck with your journey!

#8 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:48 AM

Thank you, fishinghat and Carleeta.  It's been so nice to feel back to "normal" again.  Yes, I'm keeping

a watchful eye on things.

I'm staying at the 40 mg level for a while so I can get some work done with my business.  Then I intend to
count beads down to the 30 mg level and hold that for a month before continuing the tapering process.

My son is getting married next April and because it takes 50 days to taper to the 10 mg level, I may only get

one more "tapering" done before the wedding. 

Yes, I'm very thankful the doctors are finally getting the message.  My main pain doc will NEVER understand

this. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users