10 replies to this topic

#1 Ramona80

Ramona80

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

If they were baffled by what your symptoms were, or if they said "you shouldn't be experiencing this," or if they attributed your symptoms to something else, or said it was just your depression/anxiety returning, or anything else along those lines. I'm just curious.

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 August 2015 - 08:48 AM

oh hell yeah !!

wish I was a centipede, I'd raise all 100 hands (legs) !!!

I've been denied, vilified, lectured, laughed at, paterneralized (is that a word?), belittled, you name it ...

I used to be deeply bothered, hurt, worried about their reaction ... but then, I used to trust my docs implicitly ... but now, having been through withdrawal hell with crapalta, and having spent hours upon hours researching the "science" of these drugs, and having spent hours upon hours here on the forum talking / sharing with folks like ThisMoment, Fishinghat, and so many others who helped to educate me ...

Well, I no longer implicitly trust doctors, or anyone in the medical profession. I implicitly trust what I know I'm feeling, what my experiences with Cymbalta, and all these other drugs I've taken have been / are ...

I can tell that you're now coming to terms with this issue yourself ... the stark realization that medical "professionals" really don't know much at all about these drugs, the human brain, and what the human brain on these drugs does ...

You're now officially one of "The Survivors" !!!  ;) :)

#3 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 25 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

I second that Oh hell yeah

I could just copy and paste FN's answer here but instead will just add  that I've gone through it all with doctors and come out the other side to realize that some doctors don't even want to attempt to educate themselves as far as reading the insert that comes with the medication never mind research any of the studies.

I did get very lucky to find a Psychiatrist that does know her stuff when it comes to these meds and actually asks me how the meds are making me feel then actually listens to my answers. Bonus she validated everything I went through in getting off Cymbalta

#4 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 25 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

my psychiatrist who put me on all these drugs sure acted as though he had no idea - but didn't say he didn't believe me. only that he'd never heard about such withdrawal from any of his other patients. however, he couldn't tell me if any of his patients had ever come off cymbalta without going on to another drug. 

my therapist believes me, but he takes the "whatcha gonna do?" approach. from his point of view, and mine, dealing with the anxiety involves the same strategy regardless of its source.

i started seeing a new GP last year - (the partner to my original who passed away) he totally believes and understands my ordeal. his practice does not ever prescribe psychoactive drugs. they always refer to a psychiatrist. 

#5 happygolucky

happygolucky

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:53 PM

When I spoke with the Dr. about having such terrible withdraw,I told him that I had no idea it would be THAT bad. That I felt they really should give us  warning. He indeed said he hadn't heard of anyone having any problems. Well praise God I had found this forum because I don't know how I would have made it without the awesome people here. <3

#6 Trishafox12

Trishafox12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:18 AM

I'm really afraid to go back to my doctor and psychiatrist. They're both adamant that my six weeks of hell have nothing to do with cimbalta. The anxiety I feel at the moment is unbearable. The only was I can describe some of it is that I am being pinned by my throat.If I go back to them again they will really think I'm going mad.

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:38 AM

TF12

Sounds like time for a new dr. If they aren't with the program find one who is. You wouldn't keep taking your car to a mechanic that wasn't up to date on auto repair and you shouldn't accept that situation from your drs.

Find one that will work with you. It is tough but can be done.

#8 Trishafox12

Trishafox12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 09:09 AM

Thank you so much for your advise. I'm going to look into a new referal today

#9 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

Consider my hand raised.  Doc said ... "hmmm, none of my other patients mention ..." 

#10 thomasbhunter

thomasbhunter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

If they were baffled by what your symptoms were, or if they said "you shouldn't be experiencing this," or if they attributed your symptoms to something else, or said it was just your depression/anxiety returning, or anything else along those lines. I'm just curious.

Or if they smiled and ignored you, kinda of just waiting for you to finish speaking so they could talk about your next medication.

#11 kmrekl217

kmrekl217

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 08:04 AM

My doctor was certainly confounded by my symptoms, but at least he was very sympathetic. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users