#1 Gran23

Gran23

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts
  • why_joining:
    Want off Cymbalta for good

Posted 05 January 2016 - 07:10 PM

About a year and half ago I tried to get off Cymbalta and just couldn't do it.  About the time I started weaning there was a family upheaval and it was just too much to deal with at that time.  I'm ready again, have  a good support system in place and determined to do it this time.  My 60 mg capsules are generic and have 12 tiny pellets in each one.  I know that will make it harder than having almost 200 beads, so if anyone has suggestions, I'm listening.  I would like some ideas of which supplements to take to make the process easier.  I plan on it taking at least 6 months, longer if needed.  I know it can't be done quickly.  Thanks ahead of time.  I'm ready for input.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:00 PM

welcome back Gran.

I would suggest drop one bead every two weeks. That would take you size months but because those are over 8% drops you might wind up going even slower. I would start at that rate though.

I would also recommend 500 mg vit C per day, 3000 mg omega 3 per day and stay well hydrated.

Keep us posted so we can learn how things progress with someone with so few beads.

#3 Gran23

Gran23

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:40 PM

Thanks so much.  I already take omega 3 and I will get some vitamin C

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:49 PM

Gran23,

Hello, I am glad that you have no time line for this.
Fishinghat said it all. Lots of water. Keep us posted!

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 06 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

Welcome back, Gran!

You seem to know what you are doing and I want to wish you the best - patience is the name of the game!

Please post often to let us know how you are doing....remember, we are here for you!!

Liz

#6 Gran23

Gran23

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

Today I had lunch with a nice lady I've met at church who had a terrible time coming off of Xanax.  She doesn't really know about coming off Cymbalta but was interested in listening to me and will be someone close by as support. I feel much better about it this time.  I hope nothing big comes  up in my family like the last time.  Thanks for the welcome back.  Any suggestions welcome. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users