Turbolag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

Hey everyone.

I'm at about the 10 week point now.

I've noticed the past I think 2 weeks that I have been getting more body chills and aches. They're really uncomfortable, and whenever I get them it is like it increases my anxiety levels. It almost stops me from moving, like I freeze. Anytime the chills are going if I go out and it's cold it is really unpleasant.

Wrapping up under the covers helps some, but I don't want to do that.

It makes going anywhere hard, and effects my workouts.

I searched the forum a little and it sounds like these chills are normal?

I was wondering, what can I do to help stop them? What will make them worse?

I took some Motrin about 20 minutes ago and that seemed to help slightly.

I'm getting ready to go to the gym but my anxiety levels are all over the place because I feel like I have a fever. But I'm not sick.

Along with the chills are nausea and stomach discomfort. I might be able to pinpoint the stomach pain to a supplement I've been taking. Not sure.

Did I come off too fast? I went from 40mg to 30mg for about 4 weeks. Then down to 200 for about two months. Then started skipping days. Every other day I would take a 20. Then after two weeks I stopped. Do I need to get back on it and taper down with the bead counting? I had no clue about that technique until I joined here.

Thanks for the help.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:11 PM

Not really too fast but in too big jumps. Dropping a few beads (2 or 3) every day is more typical. Whenever we see someone drop 5 or 10 mg at a time then the withdrawal is usually worse. The every other day thing is probably the worse thing you can do. Cymbalta has a half life of 12 hours so by the time you are ready to take (48 hrs) another dose the blood levels are down to nothing. With the new dose the blood levels rise back up and then drop over the next 48 hours only to rise with the next pill. This just repeats the withdrawal over and over and makes your system more sensitive.

#3 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 03 April 2016 - 02:38 PM

Turbolag,

How long have you been off the 20mg?  If not but a few days, I would suggest you go back on it and bead count your way down.  You will be much more comfortable and in control.  You can find the bead counting method under "Are You New Here?" - move down some and you will find Bead Counting - How to Do It...

fishinghat is right on with all that he said - I wish I had known about the bead counting when I went cold turkey off of 60mg in Jan. of 2014.  I spent one miserable year. 

Yes,the chills and all of that crap are all part of the withdrawal.  I also had the "freezing" type of anxiety and it was unbearable.  I'm not telling you to do this-I took Alprazolam (Xanax) to help with that.  You might try asking your Dr. for clonidine or hydroxyzine - these are not habit forming but help with the anxiety - we have many members who have used one of these.  Benzos, of course, are habit forming  - what I did is not what I would recommend.

I wish you the best and hope that you will come back with any questions you may have and to keep us updated - remember, we are here for you!!

Liz

#4 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 03 April 2016 - 06:11 PM

I'm fairly new to this forum. I was turned onto it by my very supportive husband of going on 12 years. Althought I wish I had listened to him some several years back about depression medication and specifically about getting on Cymbalta when my doctor suggested it.  The only advice I can offer you at this point is to cherish your friends and loved ones that put up with anything you do during this time. I have come to the fast realization that what my husband has for me is true love, otherwise he wouldn't still be here after all the things I've said and done while being on this medication.  So, if you have anyone that is trying to help you cherish them becuase they are strong willed people to put up with us during all this. May God Bless you to a successful recovery.

#5 Turbolag

Turbolag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 12:53 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone.

The chills are a little better. They are coming and going less.

I have been off of the cymbalta for about 10 weeks.

There are good days and bad days. I don't know if I'll be able to stay off of the medicine or not. I'm trying to research natural supplements and see if I can find some relief there along with mindfulness and meditation.

#6 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 11 April 2016 - 08:24 AM

Glad things are a little better for you Turbolag. Hope it continues to get better each day.

Blessed Be,

Raven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users