Okay so I am creating this post to keep track of our journey of my boyfriend (we shall call him Elliott) get off of this terrible drug. So here I will post updates and such. Im hoping to update weekly, if not more as support is needed. Thanks everyone!
We did bead counting (truth be told, I did the counting. LOL) Here is the first 2 weeks. He is on 60mg, each has an average of 315 beads.
Starting May 1, 2016
Day 1 & 2- remove 3
Day 3 & 4 - remove 5
Day 5 & 6 - remove 8
Day 7 & 8 - remove 10
Day 9 & 10 - remove 13
Day 11 & 12 - remove 15
Day 13 & 14 - remove 20
These are cumulative. What ever number we removed is that number not in addition to the previous days. We are going to take it day by day and see how he is handling it. The big jump is at the end of two weeks. If at any time he feels like it is too much we will recount and go from there.
Day by day I suppose. He has only been on it for about 3 months, so we are hopeful for an easier-ish wean.
2 tupperware snack cups, purple in color
a dental tool, like the one they use to scrap your teeth
Pill holder - 2 weeks worth
*do not pour out* Open capsule over 1 of the cups, carefully use the dental tooth to take out whatever amount for that day, they fall into the cup below, then put the top back on the capsule. Put into pill holder, label what day (11, 12, etc) and amount taken out (-5, -10, etc). Poor the beads taken out into the second snack cup and log the number on a paper. As I added more to the collective cup, I crossed out the old number and wrote the new one.