• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 emoothart

emoothart

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:12 PM

Had the weirdest sensation on Thursday afternoon.  Was reading a book during my kids' "quiet time" and suddenly I felt like my brain "sloshed" sideways.  Kind of like water in a fish bowl.  It didn't hurt at all, and it lasted only a second, but it was bizarre.  

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

I had that a bunch along with dizziness when I turned my eyeballs real quick. Didn't hurt but very distracting to say the least.

#3 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 June 2016 - 07:00 PM

It's ok.....it won't hurt  you.  They shouldn't be around long.....

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:36 PM

Yep, that "loose brain" thing is weird, isn't it Emoo ?

I had the "zaps" (a sort of electric zolt sensation) and the "swooshes" (the "loose brain" sensation) ... can't quite remember at what point in CT (cold turkey) they hit, but IIRC, they went on for a few weeks ... then, like all the other symptoms, they faded and disappeared ...

Be very, very careful about driving (especially with your children in the car) .... a "zap" or a "whoosh" could easily cause you to have an accident ... we had a member here a couple of years ago who described having a couple of very close calls while driving due to this withdrawal effect ... 

#5 stlnick77

stlnick77

• Site Supporter
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks!

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:40 AM

If you aren't already supplementing with Omega-3, I'd highly recommend it.  I had that same feeling every day for weeks at a time, until FH suggested I take Omega-3 and Vitamin C supplements.  I also added fish oil and vitamin D, but I don't believe they're related to the whooshing.  Once I started Omega-3, the awful sensation you described has totally vanished.

#6 stlnick77

stlnick77

• Site Supporter
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks!

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:42 AM

Sorry I bumped this, for some reason it was showing up at the top of my forum thread list.  Weird!  

Nick

#7 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

Hi Stlnick,

Did you go cold turkey?

Bead counting? Where are you at this point?

Would appreciate an update, thanks!

#8 stlnick77

stlnick77

• Site Supporter
  • 15 posts
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks!

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Hi Gail!

I am currently bead counting, on day 4 of my taper.  I began taking Omega 3 as well as fish oil supplements and haven't had any of the nasty side effects from C withdrawal yet.  Which is very promising, because I used to get them from time to time throughout the day even when I was on a full dose of C!

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:34 PM

Just a mote guys and gals it is not unusual to get few symptoms down to 30 mg but after that, esp. at the end, it is best to go very very slowly. Not always the case but usually.

#10 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Hi Gail!

I am currently bead counting, on day 4 of my taper.  I began taking Omega 3 as well as fish oil supplements and haven't had any of the nasty side effects from C withdrawal yet.  Which is very promising, because I used to get them from time to time throughout the day even when I was on a full dose of C!

Hi again, just to mention that about 30% go through tough withdrawal.

I sure hope that you are in the other category.
We are here for you anytime, good or bad. Thanks for updating!

#11 coastgirl

coastgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

I get swooshes more than zaps.  That's how my brain zaps appear, apparently.  I also sometimes get a slight whoosh sound in my ears, although it's very faint.  More like a pulse as if my blood pressure rose really fast.

#12 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:36 PM

Probably more common and severe when you turn your eyes rapidly to one side. Very common.

#13 synivale

synivale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:27 PM

Omg. I am SO happy I stumbled upon this post. I have been experiencing these sensations for the past two days and I have been SO scared and anxious because of it.

Had the weirdest sensation on Thursday afternoon.  Was reading a book during my kids' "quiet time" and suddenly I felt like my brain "sloshed" sideways.  Kind of like water in a fish bowl.  It didn't hurt at all, and it lasted only a second, but it was bizarre.  

That's exactly how I was describing it to my husband and pharmacist... like my brain is sloshing around in my head!

I had that a bunch along with dizziness when I turned my eyeballs real quick. Didn't hurt but very distracting to say the least.

Probably more common and severe when you turn your eyes rapidly to one side. Very common.

YES. For me, it's been massively worse when looking around with my eyes. Especially side to side eye movements.

I get swooshes more than zaps.  That's how my brain zaps appear, apparently.  I also sometimes get a slight whoosh sound in my ears, although it's very faint.  More like a pulse as if my blood pressure rose really fast.

I feel the pulse too! Gosh -- thank you all for sharing this. I am so glad to know I am not alone... I've been so scared. It's absolutely soul crushing to know this medication can be so, so awful for people. It's the worst and I feel so sad for every one here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users