#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 July 2016 - 01:23 PM

Most of us on here believe in Omega 3 not just for the withdrawal but for other reasons as well. I had suffered from irritable bowel for about 20 years when I went through my withdrawal. During that time I had tried omega 3 several times, both prescription and OTC. It always made me sick at my stomach. Well since I made a change in my diet about 1 1/2 years ago...no more irritable bowel. So, I did some research on various brands and side by side comparisons. I finally decided on Life Extensions Mega EPA/DHA. it is "molecularly distilled", what is commonly referred to a molecular sieve. I have been on it nearly 2 weeks so far and no stomach problems yet (knock on wood). My wife and I took some samples to her lab and ran a heavy metal analysis using ICP-OES which measures down to 10 parts per billion (ppb) which is the same as 0.01 parts per million and detected no heavy metals at all. She does not have the equipment to analyze for pesticides so I don't know about that.

It is 2 capsules a day which contains 720 mg EPA and 480 mg DHA.

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for that info, FH ... I just ordered some from Amazon.com ... seems like a decent price, and the reviews (44) are good ... the brand I've been using is Puritan's Pride ... doesn't cause me the kind of problems you've had, but still does cause some low-level distress ... which I'd be delighted not to have ...

#3 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 23 July 2016 - 05:42 PM

Wow Fishinghat, I just love when you so the research for us....lol lol lol.  This omega 3 sounds great, especially since there are not metals and it was founded by a good source.   :)  Ill chectk it out and see if I can find it locally.  I am interested in finding out the changes you made for your IBS.  I know for me it is definitely milk products :) .  I do drink the almond milk or have it with my cereal.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users