#1 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

Could someone please verify something for me. I have seen several post about withdrawl here on the site. Some say if you weren't on that long that your symptoms wont be as bad or as long. Some say that it doesn't matter your dose or length on. I went off cold turkey at 60mg. I started on 30 for a few months. Thx for any help.

#2 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:57 PM

My experience was that I had a rough withdrawal from this drug after being on it for a relatively short time but then I am extremely medication sensitive and just taking this med really caused me problems. Others seem to be able to come off easily who were on it longer than I was.

My own brother had very little problems with coming off Cymbalta with only mild flu like symptoms unlike my ordeal in coming off.

I think it really depends on many factors and only one is how long you were on it.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 August 2016 - 08:32 AM

It seems like I read some research that suggested that the after passing the 6 weeks of usage mark the risk of withdrawal and intensity increases. I think there is a lot more than how long you have been on it that comes into play. The dosage, age, and fat content of the person all contribute. This means that it varies a lot from person to person.

My sister-in-law was on it for 10 years and stopped it with NO withdrawal effects. She was 63, 300 lb overweight and was on 120 mg at the time. Go figure.

#4 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:14 AM

Well this sure is kicking my button!

#5 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:56 AM

I agree with LadyNancy and FH on this one.  It varies from person to person.  I was on it for a little over a year and went cold turkey on April 1st of this year.  I was on the fast track to losing almost 100lbs, I was at 75lbs lost when I started the drug. Now I am back over 300lbs and it's kicking my butt. Go figure.

#6 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:24 PM

The last few days less stomach contractions.  It seem that at night I start to ache in my back, neck and shoulders.  I was wondering if any felt like they were being bite or zapped in their muscle's. I feel like my mind is always going to the worst and consumed by this withdrawal.  Can you develop IBS from the withdrawal?  I'm feeling really down at this time and just need a helping word.  I think my Dr. has performed just about test on me since they think I should be over any withdrawal at this time. That of course doesn't help wot the anxiety and feelings of hopelessness. Any uplifting advice would be comforting.

#7 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

Let me clarify what I mean by being bite. I feel like my nerves are on overdrive. Like they are just tingly and very active and then it just stops.

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2016 - 06:57 PM

I didn't have too many problems with that (muscle issues) myself but I remember a lot of entries by others. Any withdrawal can make your bowels irritable and particularly Cymbalta withdrawal. Luckily it is one of the first set of symptoms to fade away.

You know, you hit on an important point. when you are at your worse in the withdrawal you feel like everything is wrong with your body. You worry about having every disease known to man. This is actually fairly common with many serious withdrawals. What is really weird is when you start to get better and have good days and bad days. On the bad days you feel like everything is wrong and will never improve. The next day may be good and you feel positive that that feeling will last forever. Its all over. Now your common sense knows better but your mental state won't listen. It is like riding a wild horse. You just have to stay in the saddle until the horse wears down and stops bucking. And it will.

#9 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:38 AM

Does fish oils have any effects and bowel movements?

#10 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:38 PM

Yes Bobbie. It depends on the sensitivity of the individual but they can cause nausea, upset stomach and diarrhea. If these are a problem then discontinue use and they will clear up within a couple days.

#11 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

Had 2 pretty good days..them boom! Just wish these body aches would leave. Still getting zapping when I put my head towards my chest. Appetite is ok. I'm sure I've lost 18 lbs. Is that norma? Sweet just don't sound good. Will I ever be normal again. I'm not sure I know what normal is anyway.

#12 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:33 AM

Sound like you are coming along OK Bobbie. It will be a slow improvement.

#13 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 August 2016 - 01:39 PM

FN

Is that because I went cold turkey on this medication.  It seems like I'm feel fine to aches and contractions, Feelings of zapps through my body.  Could the anxiety be causes this to happen too?  Any idea when I will get a break?

#14 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2016 - 02:15 PM

Actually you are doing better than most cold turkey patients. I would bet that all of your symptoms are from the withdrawal. Usually you start seeing breaks around 6 to 8 weeks after quitting. Your symptoms aren't as bad as most so maybe quicker. I know that you feel paranoid about everything right now Bobbie but that is just part of the withdrawal. It will pass with time as well. Try not to worry (I know that is impossible but I just had to say it, lol.).

#15 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 29 August 2016 - 04:37 PM

FN
Thank you! Lucky I have extreme a awesome husband. You've been a great help to me.

#16 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

Had 2 pretty good days. I hardly pedal any zaps or tightening. Today not so much. I guess this drugs wants me to know who's boss!..lol

#17 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 31 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

Wow I need to stop posting on my phone.

#18 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:38 PM

Today I've felt pretty good. I still have symptoms but they are getting slowly better.thx to this website and all of you for the support. I'm in my 8th week.
Symptoms are:

Dizziness at times
Muscle aches
Muscle tightening
Vertigo occasionally
Dry eyes

My bowels seem to be weird.

Is this to be expected?

#19 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:29 AM

Bobbie, I am very happy that you are starting to improve. The bowel thing...not unusual. Keep strong.

#20 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:30 PM

FH

I tend to be a little impatience. I just feel like I should be over all of this. I'm afraid to take anything anymore. The only thing I've taken is benadryl and Tylenol. I finally broke down and took my progesterone. I was afraid to take that. Again I want to thank you for all the help you give everyone on this site.

#21 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:06 AM

Thank you for the kind words Bobbie. You have also been a big help to others. Your courage in facing your withdrawal has been inspirational to many I am sure.

#22 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 06 September 2016 - 01:26 PM

Just one thought i's like to share.  I have never been paranoid but this withdrawal has sure made me feel that way.  I woke up today with a lot of anxiety.  I feel better now but it seem to make the tightening worse.  My throat feels like I have something stuck in it.  Drive me crazy!  Then it will stop and I feel fine.  I'm just taking one day at a time.  Overall I feel better then I did. I'm hoping that within the next few weeks I will be doing much better. :)   

#23 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 September 2016 - 05:22 PM

It sure can twist your thinking. Paranoid, feer, depressed, anxious, feel like impending doom.  etc. Bad stuff.

#24 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 07 September 2016 - 05:07 PM

FN

Is a burning feeling on your skin a withdrawal symptom?

#25 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:18 PM

A few members have reported it.

#26 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:48 AM

BB

Hi, just read that Howtostop...has the same symptom, burning arms and legs here and there.
Seems that you are not the only one with this!

#27 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 08 September 2016 - 10:09 AM

Thanks Gail

I'm wondering if I'm feeling this way due to the fact that I needed to take some progesterone for 12 days. I have 2 more day of the progesterone and i seem to have a headache towards the end of the day. I still have aches but overall I seem to be having less of the symptoms. 

#28 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hi again BB,

Just wondering, why the progesterone? Any estrogen with that?

#29 BobbieBoop

BobbieBoop

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 169 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:57 AM

Gail 

I was on a natural hormone pellet.  I stop them and I need to thin my Uterus. Just trying to go all natural these days.

#30 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:23 PM

Understand that BB, thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users