#1 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:06 PM

Just a quick update:

I've been on Cymbalta for over 10 years and was able to taper from 60 milligrams to 40 milligrams a year ago before
I went into withdrawal.  I was able to get a nurse practitioner to add Zoloft at that time.  I take half of a 25 milligram Zoloft.

In another week, I will have gotten down another 20 milligrams successfully over a 2-month period of counting
beads along with the Zoloft.

I also have scoliosis. A mild curvature. Take two walks a day, excellent stretching program in the morning and excellent chiropractor.

I've started noticing that when I'm visiting with people while standing I have to sit down.  The muscles around my

rib cage just can't handle standing for long.  I've never had this issue before. 

I'm wondering if the Cymbalta tapering is affecting the muscle physiology?  Has anyone else experienced this?

I've set up an appointment with the nurse practitioner to increase to the full 25 milligram Zoloft and I continue slowly

tapering.

I also take 500 milligrams of Magnesium at bedtime. 

Any thoughts?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:29 PM

I am glad to hear that you are still fighting the good fight BW. Slow and steady.

The first thing that comes to mind is your serum calcium and magnesium levels. Those symptoms seem to reflect high magnesium and low calcium. Mg and Ca are competitive in the blood stream with that high a supplement the drs normally do a blood calcium and magnesium every 6 months.  If you haven't been having these checked you need to do so as soon as possible.

Now having said that, during Cymbalta withdrawal serotonin and noradrenaline  levels get a bit out of whack until your system gets use to regulating itself. These two are found throughout out bodies including the nerves to muscles of nearly all types..

I would appreciate it if you could let us know how the Mg and Ca test comes out. That is how we learn.

#3 ButterflyWings63

ButterflyWings63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:46 AM

Thank you FH for your input.

My doctors are completely clueless in this entire process.  It's frustrating for me and hate acting like the

know it all when approaching them.

I will call for an appointment to get it checked.  I have not had these checked in a long time.

I will keep you posted.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users