613 replies to this topic

#571 Newbegining

Newbegining

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK
  • why_joining:
    because i thought i was going mad and if i get out of this hell,i will be committed to helping others,if not with knowledge but by listening and responding(if i can understand how too! computer useless)!!!!! :)

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:06 AM

Hello its me again FH :wacko:

Been up since 5 this morning with uncontrollable  crying on and off and extreme fear panic anxiety. Hubby went to work at 5.30 i managed to put on a brave face as i dont like him worrying.  Called mum and a friend who understands depression and anxiety talked for 2 hours, calmed enough to call dr. my dr is off until tues but because i was in a state the receptionist said she would ask for a lady dr to call. i didnt necessarily want to speak to another dr in fear of another one not understanding about cymbalta withdrawal but was at the stage of thinking shall i go to the hospital. So awaiting call, also text my old psychologist to see if i can get an emergency appointment.

Decided to go to bed even if cant sleep i feel safe there. Dozed a bit and made myself a cupa of tea and washed up, thinking just do that then you can rest. i feel tired as in brain tired but feel as though cant settle. so had a bath which calmed me enough and started reading back my journal and posts on here again. During the weaning off i was getting glimpses of normal and meeting selective friends who understand and thinking yes im getting there.

While reading posts again it seems that , this can happen, then it gets worse again when you stop? so if on the previous answer you said perhaps zoltoft is not for me would this just be normal to feel like this. im sorry if im not explaining myself very well, but ive calmed down now, and remembering what other posts say with dont try to fight the anxiety ride with it or its worse and just be kind to yourself so am just trying to watch crap tv. Also ive been taking omega 3 1360mg with 950mg active epa/dha in there, is that enough as it was the highest strength i could get in the health store at the time, but rereading posts   not sure this is the right strength.

Im hoping just to try to relax do some relaxation techniques from my mindfulness tape, and not to think this is what my life will always be like. ive never realised how bad anxiety can be as ive manly suffered depression and ocd thinking. The zoltoft seems to have worked on the ocd , other than mind spinning about withdrawal :(      

Hope love and prayers for all going through this nightmare x

#572 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 July 2017 - 07:37 AM

Yea NB, I am glad you explained in more detail but it sure sounds like typical Cymbalta withdrawal. The fear, anxiety, crying....is really tough and you get desperate for help but remember this is just an out of control reaction in your body. It is not the 'new' you. The real you will show up one day. I don't know if you have ever tried clonidine or hydroxyzine for these symptoms but either can work well for many folks. They are non-addictive and no withdrawal. You might ask your dr about them.

The thing is that the Zoloft should have kicked in by now for sure. These symptoms are not going away and the Zoloft it just not doing its job.

I wish I could help more. All I can say is I understand how overwhelmed and afraid you are.

#573 Newbegining

Newbegining

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK
  • why_joining:
    because i thought i was going mad and if i get out of this hell,i will be committed to helping others,if not with knowledge but by listening and responding(if i can understand how too! computer useless)!!!!! :)

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

HI Fh

Just had a call from the Dr. Explained to her, she hadnt had problems with people coming off this drug, but she said in fairness she didnt have any real experience with this drug. She mentioned diazapan but it was that drug years ago that made me feel out of it and that in itself made me panic and have anxiety. i mentioned those 2 things youd said may help some people but she said i couldnt with the zolfoft. The thing that she suggested was go back on a few beads and stay there until i feel better and speak to my normal dr on tuesday. what are your thoughts? is that going backwards was thinking of having 15beads as thats the last time i felt as though i was getting better.

I am so sorry to keep asking you, but at this time dont know who to ask as my normal is away and i dont trust anyone x

#574 Newbegining

Newbegining

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:05 AM

Ooops  PS

forgot to ask when ive read about someone taking a few beads to see them through and do that when things get too much would that be an option or is that when people have been off it for a few months. x

#575 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

NB...

That would definitely be an option and just enough to take the edge off - in time this dosage should become smaller with more time in between doses.

A good thing when things become unbearable

BTW, Welcome!  I haven't been online for a while - please keep us updated!

Liz

#576 Newbegining

Newbegining

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationSurrey UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:44 AM

Hello Liz

thankyou so so much for replying. I think i will just take 3 beads to see how it goes. My hubby who is supportive says to do what i think is best he would prefer me to do that rather than going back up to 15beads a day. i have weaned down taking my last bead a week ago, so you think only being off of it a week its ok to just take say 3beads and see if i have any relief and i supposed if it does give me relief then i know its from the withdrawal. 

Think ill try and get some sleep as im getting very ocd in thinking and will keep pestering you all.

Can not stress enough the gratitude and love i feel for how supportive you all are on this site. thanks xx

#577 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:38 AM

I lowered zoloft to 75mg for 3 weeks now and my energy is low, have increased tinnitus and have all day headaches. What should I do FH? Emotional I'm okay for 95% of the time.

#578 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 July 2017 - 07:52 AM

That's not too bad HTSP. The headaches and tinnitus are probably due to low serotonin levels. They will fade with time. I hear that Cymbalta can cure that.  LOL

My suggestion is to hold on for a while longer and you should be alright I have read that 2 extra strength Excedrin works well on the headaches as does Tylenol PM. , if things are too bad you could always take a small amount of Zoloft and see if that gives you a little relief. When you do start dropping again just go a little slower.

#579 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:35 PM

I think I'm going back to 100mg and start lowering with a scale as you suggested. 1 think I learned from Tapering from Cymbalta is to go slow. That's obvious the same with zoloft.

#580 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:33 PM

It never hurts to take it slow. Keep me posted please.

#581 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:37 AM

Get comfortable on the 100 Zoloft before doing anything else. If it means going up to 125, why not?
After this last year, I believe that you need a break. nothing wrong being on antidepressants for the time it takes. Some will need it all there lives.
Take a break HtSP. no medals are won at the end of the race!

#582 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 August 2017 - 04:07 AM

Hi guys, long time ago... :)

Small update from my part after 5 weeks:

I've been fairly good but since 3 weeks have sever headaches and more floaters... I'm on zoloft 100mg.
I want to lower my Zoloft because I think it is to heavy and therefor giving me headaches. 

What do you think FH, Gail and others?

#583 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 August 2017 - 08:45 AM

Welcome back htsp, good to hear from you.

The headaches are a possibility with Zoloft although they usually startup at the beginning of use not after this long. The floaters are a new one for me for any withdrawal but who is to say. I will do a little digging. If the floaters are due to Zoloft then the only way to know for sure is to lower the dose but like Cymbalta that must be done slowly. It could mean suffering through some withdrawal just to find out it is not Zoloft. Flip a coin. I will be back shortly and tell you what I found.

#584 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:11 AM

Well I learned something new today and will add it to my 'library'. Seems like you may be on to something htsp.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/11453869
Patients started on sertraline should be informed of the potential risk of developing maculopathy, and they should be examined regularly to detect possible early alterations.
Macular lesions resolved 6 months after discontinuation of sertraline.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/10608673
She had taken Zoloft for 4 years and began a high-protein diet with melatonin supplementation 2 weeks before onset of visual symptoms. Visual acuity and color vision improved within 2 months after melatonin and the high-protein diet were discontinued. Combined use of melatonin, Zoloft, and a high-protein diet may have resulted in melatonin/dopamine imbalance in the retina, manifesting as a toxic optic neuropathy. Physicians and patients should be alerted to this potential drug interaction.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/26139049
Clinical assessment and investigation confirmed ON (optic neuropathy) in all cases with a vascular origin suspected. SSRI cessation may help protect the unaffected eye and in some cases recovery of vision seems possible. The Naranjo scores indicated possible ADR (adverse drug reaction) in four cases and probable ADR in one case.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/20443647
Thus, typical antipsychotics, TCAs, lithium, benzodiazepines, carbamazepine, topiramate and SSRIs appear to produce most of the currently recognized ocular problems. Psychiatrists, ophthalmologists and patients need to be aware of and prepared for any medication-induced adverse effect. Early prevention and intervention can avoid most of the serious and potentially irreversible ocular toxicities.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4723200/
Keep an eye on the SSRI: help avoid possible sight-threatening adverse events
Detailed discussion of various ocular side effects from SSRIs.

#585 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 August 2017 - 09:56 AM

I am eating much proteins since 3 weeks so in combo with zoloft, this can be a reason then?

I will lower to 75mg again because I think the headaches are coming from zoloft.

#586 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

I would imagine that the protein provided an amino acid that makes the floater worse but the main problem is probably the Zoloft.

I did some review of your posts and it seems like there were some before the Zoloft but it got worse after you started it. I also found a couple posts where you found a dr who uses lasers to remove the floaters. Did you ever have that done? What happened afterward?

From what I read in the medical articles is that this may improve after weaning off but there is usually some left that are permanent. 

I also found 3 or 4 other members who developed this from the Cymbalta and most improved after withdrawal but all were left with some floaters afterward.

#587 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

I did not laser my eyes because I wanted to wait after my weaning process.

I stop the proteines and I texted my dokter and asked to lower to 75mg. He agreed on that.

keep ya posted

#588 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

Today 09.09 I'm still at 75mg, no proteines anymore and no more headaches. 

FH, my man, when do you recommend to lower to 50mg please?

Bless all of you guys!

Have a nice weekend!

#589 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:37 AM

Just listen to your body. It will tell you when you feel strong enough to make another drop. Hang in there and good luck.

#590 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 September 2017 - 10:46 AM

I'm pretty okay but I know to go slow so I wait another week and go for it again!

keep ya posted

#591 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:48 PM

Today 09.09 I'm still at 75mg, no proteines anymore and no more headaches. 
FH, my man, when do you recommend to lower to 50mg please?

Bless all of you guys!
Have a nice weekend!

You mean no animal protein? And where do you get your protein?
We can't live without protein, or can we?

#592 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 September 2017 - 02:20 PM

Gail, it is possible to live without animal protein and only vegetable proteins. It was difficult in years past to be a vegetarian but not with whey protein supplements it is easier to get a balanced protein diet without meat.

#593 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:48 AM

Hi guys,

I've been on 50mg Zoloft now for 2 weeks with very little side effects...

I think I'm ready to lower again to 25mg as from tomorrow.

cheers guys!

#594 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:26 AM

Fantastic HTSP!! That gives me some hope and motivation on my Zoloft.

#595 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:47 AM

2 weeks later and I was fine untill the day before yesterday.

Now it is alltough I'm switched off and I'm tired all day.

FH, is it withdrawal you think or the beginning of another depression...

#596 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:35 AM

Usually Zoloft withdrawal starts with digestive issues. This may be a flair up in the depression but you may be more susceptible to depression with going through the Zoloft withdrawal. If the depression is tolerable then I would hang in there for another 2 weeks and see if it starts to fade. The half life of Zoloft is a lot longer than Cymbalta so it takes longer for a drop in dose to show itself and longer for it to fade. Two weeks after a drop to develop the depression?  Absolutely. Hopefully it will fade. If things get to bad you can split a tablet and go up to 37.5 mg.

All in all you have been able to come off at a fast pace. You know the key...patience.

God bless.

#597 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:18 AM

I've been 2 days switched off but today I'm back again... So I can say it is withdrawal!
Keep ya posted guys but I'm going to win this also!

#598 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:47 AM

Hello guys, switched on zoloft 25mg for a week now and I feel better then ever. I will take this another 3 weeks and then stop taking anything. Wich me Luck.

Bless you all!

#599 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:00 AM

That is going really fast for you. That is great.

#600 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:46 AM

As from today lowered to 12,50mg. Keep ya posted guys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users