#181 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:48 PM

Gail, the lidocaine patches are wonderful for localized pain. The wife says she couldn't live without them.

#182 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:40 PM

Can you combine Lyrica and Cymbalta FH?

#183 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:13 PM

I think I'm going to level up till 30mg again guys, I'm slipping away again...

#184 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 09 November 2016 - 04:30 PM

In answer to your question, I took both C and Lyrica - no problem

This is no race and there is no time line...If you need to stay on 30 to stabilize, please do.  I think that your bead counting should be much slower.   

You have been doing well, so be kind to yourself! :)

#185 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:14 PM

Liz is absolutely right. Stabilize and bead count at about half your previous rate. Maybe you can handle that better.

#186 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

I lowered myself from 60 till 30mg in 2 months. Is that to fast guys?

I will have set my level back at 30mg again as from tomorrow because my mental and anxiety level is not okay at all for the moment. I also started 5htp again but at the level of 3x50mg in stead of 3x100mg.

Long weekend now in Belgium so I can relax a bit.

#187 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:18 AM

I wouldn't think so, many go from 60 to 30 directly with no problems.

Do take the time to pamper yourself, comfort food, hot bubble bath and so on.

#188 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 10 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

I think I have to stabilize on 30mg for at least a month but I have to find something for my pinchy skin/nerv pains in my skin. Any suggestions on that?

#189 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:28 AM

I'm so fed up with all the side effects that I want to move to another Ad but I'm so afraid to do so that it is the wrong one... Do not know what to do. Lost my happy self and anxious that it would be forever. HELP me out please

#190 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:23 AM

Hi htsp,

As we mentioned, going back to the 30mg until you are stabilized should be the best possible way...

After 2 or 3 days you should be feeling much better.  I don't think adding a different AD would be a good idea at this time since you are not doing too well.  Once you have stabilized you can slowly cross taper, meaning slowly decreasing the C and slowly increasing on another AD.

Many have done this - I personally did not, but others have and seem to have done very well.

Good luck and please keep updating us :)  

#191 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:13 PM

Hi!

I would add that when on 30mg, take the jump to Prozac 20 or Zoloft 50 at the same time. Then after 30 days, you bead count at a faster pace this time while increasing the other if needed.

Pinched skin or nerves???? Je ne sais pas. Fishinghat, you sleeping? I wish that I knew.

#192 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:31 PM

pinched skin = peripheral neuropathy. Lyrica, gabapentin mostly.

#193 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:21 PM

Dear God, I have lost my post, don't we hate that.

So, je disais, lyrica is also prescribed for anxiety. For pinched nerves, epilepsy and more.

Having a brain storming here, give it a try and if it works on your two problems, your life could be more easier. You don't have to cross taper and Abracadabra! Eureka! Plus off the crap gradually!

Get out of your pyjamas and out you go to get that prescription.(lol)

#194 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

Remember it does have a significant withdrawal.

#195 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 11 November 2016 - 04:00 PM

Merci a tous!!

Is it possible to take it together with Cymbalta then? If so, I have to try it then I think because this pinched skin feelings are horrible, really horrible!!

#196 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:07 PM

Hi again...

Are you asking about taking Lyrica and C?  If so, I did and had no problems.  I have fibromyalgia and the Lyrica was for the pain

Maybe this isn't what you mean - I'm getting confused here :unsure:

#197 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 November 2016 - 05:20 PM

Yes HTSP. Both lyrica and gabapentin can be taken with Cymbalta.

#198 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:54 PM

HTSP, we are used to every day updates, how are you doing?

#199 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:29 PM

Hi Gail, I've had a quit weekend this weekend. Came back on Friday from Moskou, didn't see anything there due to my tight shedule... I took Friday and Saturday 0.25mg Xanax and I did okay,... Do I have to worry about that proportion?

I think I found a solution for my pinchy skin... I read about Amitriptyline ointment... All beter then meds.

All fine with you?

#200 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

Hi there, I wouldn't worry about that quantity of Xanax.

Ointment, lost here. Looked it up, I always thought that it was an antidepressant only. Mistake! Yes, I would think it's better than pills. Please update us on that.

Doing good with bouts of crises d'angoisse here and there. Much better, I think!

Are you on 30 mg now? Life is tough, isn't it?

#201 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:10 AM

I'M on 30mg as of Friday but I still have to take 0.25mg Xanax because of anxiety... Do not know what to do but it doesn't stabilize...

#202 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 08:28 AM

Hi htsp!

Just wanted to mention that I took Alprazolam (Xanax) for the anxiety during withdrawal and you are doing well with that small dosage.  I was taking 2 mg daily for some time.

Good luck to you and don't worry about that small dosage of Xanax if it is helping - one thing at a time!

#203 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:06 AM

Do you guys know if there are many people on srri all life long? I think I have to do this is for me mentally heavy to wear.

#204 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:22 AM

Yes, some are, as quality of life is much more important than saying you are "drug-free".

After 1 1/2 yrs off the nasty C I was still not keeping it together very well.  My Dr. prescribed Bupropion (generic Wellbutrin) and I have been taking it ever since (300mg/day)

I am resigned to the fact that I will probably be on it for life and that is OK - I definitely feel "put together" again but remain very emotional when hearing or seeing something sad.  It is definitely better than the flat no-feeling when taking C.

#205 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

Do you guys know if there are many people on srri all life long? I think I have to do this is for me mentally heavy to wear.

When someone has been through real traumatized events or not, I think that antidepressants are for "almost life". Facing what happened day after day, that is hell. Something needs to be taken to make it more bearable. Well, so be it. I am thinking of my friend and her sisters that were abused by their father at a young age, all on antidepressants plus two suicides. The brain can take so much!

#206 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 November 2016 - 03:13 PM

I think that antidepressants are over prescribed in general and many of those patients can benefit by therapy and reduce or eliminate their meds. Having said that I also think Gail is right. There is just so much a brain can handle before it just says enough and losses it. Those kind of severe events often lead to meds for life.Like or good friend Thismoment often said. It is about quality of life.

#207 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

I've had a very aggressive father in my Youth and An Alcoholic Mother After The Divorse. MY Father went InTo Scientology so I quIt Seeing Him.

I was having major blood pressure after that period and anxiety attacks. Therefor my doctor has set me on Paxil.

I was happy and full of energy. I was able. To build my company out and to marry a beautiful woman last year. Beginning of this year I was terrible sick at my abs and that gave me pannick attacks again. It didn't stop and after 4 months I was heavy depressed. The Paxil didn't do anything anymore.

I tried fluoxetine and sipralexa but it didn't do much. After that I went to the hospital suicidal and there they gave me Cymbalta due to neuropatic pains

THAT'S MY STORY OF THIS YEAR

Tomorrow Im seeing a new psych. because I want to cross taper... C is making me more anxious due to the side effects.

I keep you posted after my appointment tomorrow. I hope you want to cross check his advise. I think I need an AD the rest of. My life but it won't be C!!!

#208 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 November 2016 - 02:50 PM

Hi HTSP,

We all have a story. Thank you for sharing, I am sure glad that it won't be the C.

As for myself, after reading the articles that Fishinghat posted here, my choice was what seemed the less aggressive, Trazodone extended release. But they don't make it here.
So a mood stabilizer was prescribed instead. Less scary.

Hope that your new doctor is a good one. Thank you again.

#209 Howtostoppropperly

Howtostoppropperly

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

My new doctor prescribed me serlain to cross taper. 8 days 25mg, then 50mg and from the fourth week Cymbalta from 30 to 20mg.

I think that this not a bad plan he??

#210 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:13 PM

Serlain is the same thing as Zoloft here. Sounds like a good plan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users