3 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisHennessy

ChrisHennessy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • why_joining:
    I'm in middle of weaning off Cymbalta from 90mg. I'm currently at 60mg, and this site has been extremely helpful!

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

I've been on 30mg cymblata for two years (I had weaned down from 90mg-on that 6 years).

We think the cymbalta may be causing severe anxiety, which I've been experiencing on and off the last year.  They have prescribed an SSRI and want me to stop taking the cymblata and substitute the SSRI.  The SSRI has the serotonin but not the epinephrine-which is what may be causing the reaction..

Any thoughts?  is this doable? 

#2 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:09 PM

Hi Chris,

No easy answer here as you are suffering from Cymbalta anxiety, same here, drove me nuts.

Even so, I was at 30, down to 15 and stopped right there. 2 months of pure hell followed! Of course I did not cross taper.

As for you, if you can stand it, I would bead count in a fast way while the SSRI ramps up.
Cross taper if you can. That would be the best way, only my opinion.

Fishinghat will come along with his suggestions.

#3 ChrisHennessy

ChrisHennessy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
  • why_joining:
    I'm in middle of weaning off Cymbalta from 90mg. I'm currently at 60mg, and this site has been extremely helpful!

Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:12 PM

Hi Chris,

No easy answer here as you are suffering from Cymbalta anxiety, same here, drove me nuts.

Even so, I was at 30, down to 15 and stopped right there. 2 months of pure hell followed! Of course I did not cross taper.

As for you, if you can stand it, I would bead count in a fast way while the SSRI ramps up.
Cross taper if you can. That would be the best way, only my opinion.

Fishinghat will come along with his suggestions.

Thanks much...  Yes I would not stop CT at 15mg, Yikes!  What does cross taper mean?  

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:19 AM

Cross taper means that while you are lowering the C, at the same time you go on a dose of another antidepressant.

While you lower the first, you go up on the other. That is if you need to be on another one. If not, you stay at a low dose of the second one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users