Photo

Can Cymbalta Withdrawal Be Permannent? Any Success Stories?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Solauerbach

Solauerbach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:43 AM

i would say its about 2 months and a week since i stopped cymbalta after 6 months of an epicially slow taper off.
ive mentioned in the passed that i came down with misophonia about 3-4 weeks after coming off cymbalta.
its a month and a half now.
it got really bad today when i had a meal at a freinds famillies house. peoples chewing literaly sent me over the edge.
is it possible that this can be permennent?
does anyone have any success stories to share?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

There have been many who complain that once off of Cymbalta they feel a lot better but not 100%. There is no research showing any permanent damage from Cymbalta but there is research showing that many antiDs and anxiety meds do physically alter the synapses where the neurotransmitters attach. After all that is how they alter mood by interfering with the uptake of the neurotransmitters. Nerves heal/regenerate very slowly. Some studies have shown that in some cases it takes the synapses as long as 2 years to return to normal. I would add we have had several members that even years after coming off they still have residual tinnitus.

Also if you look back at many of the posts people have successfully come of Cymbalta. It can be a long tough fight taking months even up to 2 years to fully recover (that is unusual though).

#3 Solauerbach

Solauerbach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:25 PM

thanx for the reply.
where can i find the success stories on this site?

#4 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:35 PM

Solauerbach,

As for myself, it was a good year...don't mean to be negative, but I feel that a lot has to do w/one's age.

This month marks my 3 yrs off - that is something I'm glad that I never have to do again

I will try to find some positive posts for you...

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 01 January 2017 - 04:55 PM

Hi again!

You might try entering 'Listing the Positive Events Daily' in the search box in the upper right corner of the page.  There are many postings there that I hope will be helpful

Liz

#6 stlnick77

stlnick77

• Site Supporter
  • 15 posts
  • LocationSaint Louis, MO
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta sucks!

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

Solauerbach,

As for myself, it was a good year...don't mean to be negative, but I feel that a lot has to do w/one's age.

This month marks my 3 yrs off - that is something I'm glad that I never have to do again

I will try to find some positive posts for you...

So cool to see that Cymbalta "veterans" who went through the withdrawal battle and lived to fight another day stay around on this site to encourage those of us preparing to fight the same war.  On every site I found before finally getting here, all you find is people talking about the horrible parts of where they are in the middle of their withdrawal battle... and they never stick around once they reach the finish line to let others know it's possible and give them encouragement!!

I just signed up here today but already went and sent money to support the site and me a "member" because I can only imagine the number of people this site has saved from a life of misery.

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 January 2017 - 09:53 AM

Thank you for those kind words, not just for us who are on the site but for those who came before us and taught us how important this site is and how important it is to properly support it. There has been so many good members (friends).

#8 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Agree w/FH completely, but am out of "likes" :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users