Photo

Jaw Tremors/shivering When Not Cold. Is This Normal For Cymbalta Withdrawal?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Solauerbach

Solauerbach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:46 PM

another thing ive been noticing in my cymbalta withdrawal is i shiver a lot, even when im not cold.
been happening on and off for about 6 weeks.
is this normal for cymbalta withdrawal?
is there anything that can be doen about it?

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:12 AM

That is a new one to me but doesn't surprise me. This would be a neurological issue, probably due to serotonin levels being out of whack in the brain. It should subside with successful withdrawal. What to do until then? I really don't know. Sorry

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:18 AM

Well, apparently my memory sucks. I found over a dozen references to cold chills and shivering, most of which I had read. (No memory, lol)

While apparently fairly common there was no indication in any of the posts how they treated it although it did seem to go away with time. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

#4 Walker2016

Walker2016

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:36 PM

I've been feeling the same thing. Also, sweaty, cold, then back at hot along with achy body and I tire really easily. Today is my 20th day off. I've been taking benedryl when it gets to be too bad. How about you? 

#5 LS1978

LS1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:13 AM

I've been feeling the same thing. Also, sweaty, cold, then back at hot along with achy body and I tire really easily. Today is my 20th day off. I've been taking benedryl when it gets to be too bad. How about you? 

I've also been dealing with this.  I haven't taken benedryl though, as I have a vestibular disorder that makes me dizzy, and benedryl has exacerbated that when I've taken it.  (Plus, add to that the dizziness of Cymbalta withdrawal.)  I have a clonazepam prescription though, so when I get too shaky I take a quarter of one pill, then another quarter if the first one doesn't stop the shaking within a half hour.

The other day I noticed my index finger on one of my hands kept twitching.  It was really weird, but I guess it's just another one of the withdrawal effects.

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

Twitching, tremors and even seizures can occur but they will fade...In time.

#7 MissHatchet

MissHatchet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

I dealt with the shivering/tremoring/muscle twitches, by trying to exercise more, specifically walking and Zumba. The more I moved, the more I noticed the shivering would subside. If I was able to, when I would get hit with the shivers, I'd take a few minutes to move around, and kind of try and shake it off.  I wouldn't recommend weight lifting or any exercise involving equipment if you don't trust your movements, just stick with something you only need your body for. Somewhere around the 2-3 month mark is where the frequent shivering stopped. Now I've been off of Cymbalta for about 2.5 years and I really only get shaky when I get really nervous and panicked, which is expected since it is how anxiety effects me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users