308 replies to this topic

#211 Vinpin

Vinpin

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 12:37 PM

Hi Kathy,

Good luck on the new job - whichever one you choose! Yes, its unfair that come to a level of acceptance on one job, and then another pops up! Its happened to me before, too! I would just advise that you compare the jobs at that precise time that you are able to think more clearly and pragmatically, and less emotionally. Someone told me that in the past, and it seems to help. Emotionally-driven decisions are usually not the best. I hope that helps, even if just a bit......

I've been incognito on your thread (sorry) ... but just wanted to go back to your earwax issue from a couple of weeks ago. I generate lots of earwax, and it causes real problems with not only my actual hearing, but the functioning of the hearing aids. Best bet is to see an ENT, not an audiologist, for the removal of the earwax. Many Audiologists refrain from doing earwax removal, anyway ..... although your Audiologist may be willing to do it. Regardless, I would recommend having it removed with an instrument of their choice  that they use to reach in and grab it with. I don't recommend ear washes with water, because some people develop ear infections from even a bit of residual water that remains in the ear. And I don't like the ear vacuums either - just not my favorite. It may hurt a bit for them to use their instruments by hand, but it is the safest and most effective approach, IMO.

Even though your audiologist is far away, it is probably best to see them at least once a year for the hearing aids to be checked out. If you wear a hearing aid that sits outside the ear and is connected via plastic tubing and an earmold, it is important to get the plastic tubing changed out so that it is not blocked by wax particles and/or humidity. You live in Florida, right??? If so, then you definitely want to be aware of what the humidity can do not only to the tubing, but the hearing aid receivers/amplifying circuitry itself.

Hope this all helps. Best of luck to you next week!!!

-Vinpin

#212 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:36 PM

Also wanted to wish you all the best my dear Kathy. I know this week has been very trying for you, and well done for getting through it in one piece!

I know you will keep in touch but let us know as soon as you can how you are getting. Will be thinking of you. Might catch you online later if I am feeling better....

#213 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 January 2019 - 04:53 PM

Thanks Vin and IUN, I am out of likes after 1 like??? The 24 hour time period for likes must not be 12midnight to 11:59pm.... 

Vin, I will make an appt with the ENT that is 200 miles north as soon as I can. IUN, I fly tomorrow morning at 8am. X's are the order of the weekend.  :mellow:

#214 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 January 2019 - 08:06 AM

...and our brave girl is off as I type. Thoughts and prayers.

#215 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 27 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

Same here Kathy! Bon voyage, looking forward to your next post.

#216 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 January 2019 - 10:35 PM

I'm here, in NM. I will give it my best shot! Delta allows Facebook messenger from the airplane so IUN and I were chatting for hours! It made the flight go by faster!

#217 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:18 AM

So glad that you had a good partner during your trip!

#218 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 January 2019 - 09:23 AM

Glad you made it safe Kathy, and that the FB chat on the plane helped. Hope the loud people didn't disrupt too much!

Let us know how the first day goes when you can :)

#219 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 01 February 2019 - 09:05 PM

Hi Kathy,

Good luck on the new job - whichever one you choose! 

I'm back from the new job. Both are contract jobs (I'm trying to be an independent contractor to see how that goes) so I hope to be able to juggle them both. The second one is only in Texas, a much easier place for me to travel.

This is the first week I worked and had to be somewhere by 8am and stay all day since August. I made it, and since I had to get out of bed early, there was no time to stay in bed dealing with anxiety. I got home from New Mexico about 3pm today and tried to take a nap but I couldn't do it... I was "worrying" about this big report I have to write up for the work I did this week. My job was to go into the site and talk to the people using the software I am familiar with and make recommendations on improving their processes since they have been using the system for almost 20 years and it's pretty "junked" up... I like working with the clients, it's the followup paperwork I don't like. 

I hope you are all well!

#220 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:54 AM

Welcome back Kathy. I'm happy for you that all went well.
It sounds like a very interesting job.
Will you be leaving soon again?

How's the anxiety? Love!

#221 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:33 PM

Welcome back home Kathy - and again, well done for your week of work there. 

Always easier when you have to get up and out of bed and get on with the day. Glad to hear job two is closer for you - will be much easier...

#222 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

I started taking ashwagandha a few days ago at the recommendation of a doctor. He said it's good for anxiety.

I have the awful anxiety in the mornings. I first wake up about 4:30am to use the toilet and then I just toss and turn and think about work for 5 hours until I get out of bed.

Yesterday, I told the company that got me the first contract that I have a medical issue (anxiety is a medical issue, right?) and I can't do this work. I feel awful because I feel like I lied. But if it gets my anxiety zooming to 1000 mph, that's not good, right? I hate feeling like this.  :( 

Gail, I will go to Texas in the middle of March. How are you feeling and doing these days?

#223 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 February 2019 - 09:48 PM

Kathy....

...If I had a quid (or dollar) for every time I had made an excuse for not making an appointment due to anxiety/stress, I wouldn't need to work! We do what we have to in order to look after ourselves. And yes, anxiety is a medical issue... as it is treated with medicine.

Regarding ashwagandha - can you divulge more? Which brand, dosage? I have tried many and can offer some help if needed. I always suggest KSM-66 as it is standardised. The non-KSM will be odds and sods or leaf and root. Obviously better that it is root (which most are now), but KSM-66 takes the most potent part - makes sure that it is equal in all parts (measured in withinoids), that way you know each dose is of equal potency. 

Essentially, non KSM is like having anything from 80 to 120 beads in a Cymbalta capsule. You also get your money back on buying the better stuff.

Finally, it is not a good test to see whether it works as the dose is all over the place. I have seen so many give up having got the wrong stuff. But that's all for now! 

#224 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:11 PM

It's LifeExtension. Optimized Ashwagangha Extract. 123mg,once j the am once in the PM.

#225 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 February 2019 - 11:33 PM

Ah - if it uses Sensoril, then these are also standardised - forgot about those. They use a different process of extraction than KSM-66. 

Although there is controversy over Sensoril using leaf as well as root, they should still give you a good idea of whether or not Ashwaganda is for you.

125mg is quite a small dose thou. Give it a few days - if you feel nothing, consider 250mg. I am on 500mg of KSM-66 once a day, so with an approximate half-life of 7 hours, should be comparable.

4.33am.... Still can't bloody sleep. I keep looking outside to see if any more parts of my poor car have been stolen :(

#226 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

Thanks IUN, I will take it and see if it helps.... it was pretty inexpensive.

I read in your thread that your car is back working! Good news!

#227 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 February 2019 - 12:41 PM

Oh, it is working but it just doesn't have tires on it.

:lol:

#228 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 February 2019 - 01:15 PM

Yes - Kathy. Give it at least a week on present dose. If you feel nothing, double it and go for another week. If there is nothing after a further week, it is unlikely that they will work for you. And given that they are standardised, it would be of no benefit going for KSM-66 either. I don't think there would be much in it.

Again, I take 500mg but I am a tad bigger than you, and I will have had something akin to a little tolerance. Two doses of 250mg spaced 6 hours apart and you should at least feel something.

Yes - car is safe - albeit without shoes!

#229 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 February 2019 - 09:57 PM

I used to be able to sleep until noon, now if I can sleep 4 hours a night, I'm doing good!  wahhhh

I go to bed about 11pm and fall asleep about an hour or so later, I read or play solitaire on a tablet on a low visual setting. I'm always up about 4:30am to use the bathroom and then I toss and turn for a few hours until I get out of bed. This is fairly new since this awful anxiety started a couple of months ago. What can I do to get myself back to sleep at that time of the morning? I certainly don't want to get out of bed at that time.

I do have a confession to make.  :(  I take Ambien about 11pm, without that 1 pill, I'm afraid I will not sleep at all. After all this C withdrawal is gone and the anxiety is controlled, I will attempt to wean off the Ambien. Please don't judge with the Ambien.  :(  :wacko:  :blink:

IUN, I hope you can find tires (or is it tyres) for your car!

#230 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 February 2019 - 10:51 PM

I went through a period of this a while ago - again after a lot of goings on. The wife has only just got out of the same, which lasted about 5 weeks. 

This is anxiety, not insomnia. True cases of insomnia caused by chemical disposition is very rare compared to those cases of psychological conditions. One must learn to quieten the mind - but for sure not easy. One thing is for sure... Z-drugs are not a long term solution (and yes, Ambien is Zolpidem). I was also prescribed this stuff, but I hated waking up feeling crap as a result. This is when I switched to meditation, and have finally got the wife involved in the same.

I've got loads of resources that I can send you - and always happy to help guide you. Even on a really bad day, I will manage to switch off after practise - unless it is a really really bad one, and then I will chug on some Kratom - but even that is better than a z-drug. 

Oh and car (tyres in English!) are in the post.. due Wednesday. Had my friends car since yesterday, so I am mobile and can work etc. I have been truly blessed this weekend. Thoughts and prayers of all were really appreciated.

#231 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:42 AM

Kathy have you tried sublingual melatonin? Some members have had good luck with it, When you wake up and can't get back to sleep you put some drops (how many depends on the brand and strength) under your tongue. You are usually back to sleep in just a few minutes.

#232 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:44 AM

By the way the Z drugs do not allow for REM sleep so that is why you wake so often. FYI

Like IUN said, not for long term use.

#233 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:10 AM

This is anxiety, not insomnia. True cases of insomnia caused by chemical disposition is very rare compared to those cases of psychological conditions. One must learn to quieten the mind - but for sure not easy........

I've got loads of resources that I can send you - and always happy to help guide you. Even on a really bad day, I will manage to switch off after practise - unless it is a really really bad one, and then I will chug on some Kratom - but even that is better than a z-drug. 

I have to learn how to quiet my mind... once this job situation is over, I think a lot of my anxiety will go away. Can you please resend your kratom links? Thanks!

Kathy have you tried sublingual melatonin? Some members have had good luck with it, When you wake up and can't get back to sleep you put some drops (how many depends on the brand and strength) under your tongue. You are usually back to sleep in just a few minutes.

I tried pill form years ago, it didn't work. Actually this was during my first C taper attempt around 2011 and I used the empty melatonin capsules for the Cymbalta. Do you recommend a good brand of sublingual melatonin? Thanks!

#234 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:13 AM

https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope this link works for you. lol

#235 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:49 AM

https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope this link works for you. lol

Yes, that link took me to a purchase link!! The other one for the Brain Freeza didn't! lol

#236 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

Sorry for my late arrival here today - car stuff beckoneth after the crapola on Friday.

Regarding Kratom - you can get it all over the States. To chill/relax you want a red vein. They come in many strains... bali, borneo, riau, and essentially it is a case of finding one you like best. But unlike medicine, ANY of the red vein will relax you. Borneo is the best for me. It stops me thinking silly things, gets rid of anxiety and a little euphoric in slightly higher doses. Riau just pins me to the bed - all muscles go floppy - and in a nice way. You can also mix them to have a bit of both.

I know I sound like a "druggie" but it is nothing like that at all as we have spoken about before. Main rules are, make sure who you are buying from is reputable, lots of reviews etc, and start low and work up. Effective doses for ALL kratom is 3-6gm. But your very first time, start with 1-1.5gm. You will feel very little, but just to know there are no effects - HIGHLY unlikely. I get my stuff from the Netherlands and they do deliver to the States. I wouldn't go anywhere else.

#237 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:47 AM

Watch out Kathy, kratom is banned in a few states so check first.

#238 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:51 AM

Not illegal yet in Florida but here is a 2018 update.

https://www.pbinstit...ratom-legality/

They have tried to make it illegal in Fl 4 times so far from what I can find.

#239 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:52 AM

Yes - absolutely Hat.

https://krakenkratom...om_local_legal/- this is updated regularly

"Florida

Kratom is legal for use but banned in Sarasota County."

#240 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:54 AM

Funny, I just read a Florida Law Enforcement report that says the ban in Sarasota county failed. I wonder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users