244 replies to this topic

#241 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:57 AM

Hmmm - don't know. But I wish they would stop all this silly behaviour. I could understand limiting supply and so forth, but to ban completely is a bit much. It does worry me that they will clamp down on it over here in the UK as it is already not permitted for sale. Bad enough that I have to buy from mainland Europe...

#242 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,312 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 February 2019 - 09:58 AM

Once again you are right IUN. It was Seminole county where it failed last year.

My bad.

#243 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Best Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:03 AM

I hate to admit it to the world but I smoked pot last year for the first time in 30+ years and I hated the feeling I got, I was way too high! I don't want to get that feeling with kratom. Is it similar?

#244 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

This is a very good and completely unbiased article;

https://www.payspi.o...ats-difference/

I have never smoked - not even a cigarette, so I cannot say, only from those that I have heard speak of the effects. But if you had a bad experience on pot, the chances of it repeated on Kratom are very very slim.

Kratom only reacts on two alkaloids - 7-hydroxymitragynine and mitragynine, whereas pot reacts on so many more, the most potent of which is THC, which is where most people feel the ill effects.

The difference between consumption/ingestion and smoking is also a big deal for a lot. Sure, it takes longer for the effects of Kratom (consumption) to occur compared to pot, but what is a few minutes? Far less dangerous to the health - in many way, and as long as you do not take upwards of 15grams, 3 times a day, there is no cause for concern with overdose. Even if you did, you would only have severe stomach pains and probably be sick.

Overall, IMHO, Kratom is much better for health, side effects and its medicinal use. 

Just remember the golden rule of starting low. Your first dose should always be a trial. Take 1g in plenty of water or juice, and if you are fine after 45-60 minutes, then you are safe. You will feel very little, but the next day, step it up to 2.5 grams, wait for effects... if still not quite what you expected, up half a gram at a time until you do. Most do not need more than 5 grams - but half a gram can make all the difference - trust me, I found that out myself!

#245 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Best Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 318 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:22 AM

Thanks IUN, I will read up on it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users