• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 90milesnorth

90milesnorth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:41 PM

I slowly weaned myself off of cymbalta after finding this amazing site.  I was on it for about two years and had severe side effects (brain zaps, night sweats, suicidal ideation, severe anxiety, major fatigue, rash, severe swelling of my lips, and the list goes on).  I didn't realize how this medication was affecting my life until I started to make a list of all the things I had that I didn't have prior to taking this drug.  Needless to say, it has been life altering.  I did a very slow taper by following the good old bead counting method.  I created a spreadsheet in order to appropriately document the dates beads, and total count in each pill until I was completely off of this crazy medication.  It took me about two months to get completely off of a 20 mg dose.  My withdrawal side effects were minimal until now...

I am now one month out and have severe anxiety.  I have been taking a slew of vitamins to help ease the brain tingling.  About two weeks ago I started a keto diet and have been feeling quite miserable.  Every day is a constant struggle and I'm wondering if anyone out there has any advice on keto diets and their effects after getting off of this terrible drug. 

The right side of my brain is in constant tingling mode and I don't know what to do.  I've read that carb intake increases the production of serotonin and I am wondering if I should hold off on my keto diet until I am more stable and have been off this drug for several months.  Having been on cymbalta for two years and only being one month out may not be the best time to have a drastic change in diet.  

Any advice from those who have been on this terrible journey would be greatly appreciated.  I am trying my best to be fully functional every day and I am having a hard time quieting my brain.  I honestly thought that after a slow taper, my brain would feel better.  

Much love and appreciation for your support!

#2 tfaff

tfaff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • why_joining:
    I've taken 60 mg. Of Cymbalta for over 9 yrs. After feeling extreme fatigue for a long time, along with several other side effects, I am very motivated to slowly wean off of it and say goodbye to an aweful drug.

Posted 19 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

Hi 90 Miles, I am new at this but I have read here that the withdrawal effects do hit harder when you are finally off of the Cymbalta. But others will answer soon, who can help you figure out the best way to handle it.

#3 justsayno

justsayno

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

Hi 90 Miles, I am new at this but I have read here that the withdrawal effects do hit harder when you are finally off of the Cymbalta. But others will answer soon, who can help you figure out the best way to handle it.

This drug just keeps on squeezing doesn't it and never lets go

Well done for getting off it though 90 Miles. I hope that I can join you soon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users