• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 coastgirl

coastgirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 03:15 AM

I am having an interesting effect from the Cymbalta.  When I was on it I had sexual side effects - aka, stuff down there felt dead.  I also in hindsight note that I wasn't as ticklish as usual.

Now that I'm off it and I'm seeing an improvement in the withdrawal (2+ weeks on) I have noticed that I'm now QUITE ticklish and sensitive again....but moreso than usual.  My body actually seems to be a bit on edge - like I'm feeling everything 2x more.  I'm feeling a bit achy and just a little extra painful.

Either this is my baseline and Cymbalta was muting my baseline and now everything feels heightened, or this is a withdrawal effect.

I'm thinking that maybe Cymbalta muted my nervous system and now that the effect is gone, it's like going from a dark theater to a bright sunny day - my body is all haywire.

Anyway....just weird to notice how freaking SENSITIVE to touch I am right now -- especially noticing it while being intimate.  It's like night and day.

Thankfully, orgasms have returned.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I am toooooo ticklish and it's annoying and gets in the way of intimacy and massages.  I guess toning that down was a good effect of the drug, and I can totally see how people with Fibromyalgia would benefit from it.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:44 AM

Very common effect however the return of sexual performance/arousal normally returns after coming off the last of the Cymbalta. The sensitivity, ticklishness, etc is a common occurrence with tapering. Various other symptoms will show their head and then fade as time goes on. Your body is trying to regain control of those neurotransmitters and on some days have better success than others. lol

With time that will all stabilize.

#3 LS1978

LS1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

My startle response is back.

When I was on Cymbalta, no one could startle me.  Now I'm not on it anymore.  The other day the mailman startled me while I was doing yard work, by walking up to the mailbox.  And now fireworks are going off outside and my nerves are fried.  I haven't been off the Cymbalta that long though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users