Photo

Wean system my Dr. perscribed me..Please help!!

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

#61 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Zoloft for 6mon. and Cymbalta for almost 1 year. I want to get off Cymbalta the Dr. put me on it for my panic attacks wouldn't stop happening, so the Dr. put me on Zoloft I had bad!!! Side effects on Zoloft, so the Dr. switched me to Cymbalta I haven't had any bad panic attacks since I have been on the drug just maybe 2 or 3 since it's going on 1 year already, to make the long story short! I want off of this meds I have noooo feeling or emotion...only usually during my menestrual cycle and that's usually when my panic and anxiety erupts. Anyway, I want off this med's and back to the life that i use to have a fun life not having to worry when to take a pill, or if i'm gong to have a next panic attack. I only hope and pray to God. once off this drug I wont go back to myself when I had bad panic attacks! what do you think?? do you think once off this drug i will have them again?? Anyway, I want my life back basicly....... Cecile

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:39 AM

Yes, I still have some left, but i'm going cold turkey like the Dr. said...........He's suppose to call me tomorrow...OMG these pinching my arms feeling wont go away!!!!! maybe if i go to sleep i will forget about all my problem see u tomorrow
GOOD nite

Cece

#62 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:07 AM

OMG!! i feel like i'm gunna die like seriously!!! i want it to pass already!! it's too hard!!! : (

Brain zaps!!! and ears buzzin!!! and the tears!!! my body aches and my arms a switching?? am i haveing a storke??????? OMG!!! it's bothering me sooo bad!!!....... this is depressing.... todays my TAKE day....but just going cold turkey like DR. said..........I feel like crying again while i'm writting this!! sooooo emotional....I look soo ugly with my red swollen eyes I didn't want to go anywere or do anything today...i cryed at the resturant today when me and my husband went to go get something to eat!!! how embarressing!! how do explian to people that are watching you that ur detoxing from a drug...they just have NO idea what i'm going through...and I just sit there thinking of how LUCKY there are not to be me!!! i just hate myself for putting myself through this!!! i just want to be normal like them!! like normal people!! life is not fair!!!!!!!! well for me it's not...

I'm gunna try to get some sleep.........good nite Maureen...ur the best...

Cece

Ha! I learnt how to deal with the 'how do you explain it to other people' thing years ago. You let them think whatever they want to think. I realise that means you have to have a certain amount of self confidence and that not everyone can... but so often, it's easier to let them think whatever they want to, than try to explain.

Funny story: My autistic son was ... I don't know.. 7 or 8.. and we were in a supermarket. Now, despite being a tall 7/8 yr old who looked 'normal', developmentally he was more like 3. Anyhow, I get to the checkout and just as I did, he threw a full scale toddler tantrum. Everyone just stopped and stared. What did I do? I said, quite loudly, "autistic child for sale!" hahahahha. Everyone kind of cowered and went back to what they were doing!!! hahahahhahahah. One of my better escape moments!

The point is, you can defuse an embarrassing situation by either acting like you just don't care (yes, I said ACT), or say something that will make people retreat. All depends on your personality. Like, if you burst into tears in public and people are looking, you could say, "what's the matter? Haven't you seen a person cry before?" LOL!!

I'm bad..... lol

#63 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 21 September 2009 - 04:43 AM

Bad bad Junior!

I've just finished reading a book by an English bloke called Tim Rushby-Smith called 'Looking Up' a humourous look at sudden disability.

Although it's worlds away from your experience, he writes about embarrassing moments after breaking his back falling from a tree, including farting loudly as he's being helped onto a horse by four people (something over which he has no control - the farting that is - not being maneuvered onto a horse by four people :)) ). He said more frustrating than having to suffer public indignities like that was the fact that he missed his moment to blame the horse! I read the paragraph to my husband who laughed so hard he had trouble standing. I can't stop laughing as I write this.

The Yahoo health blog I'm part of is for those of us with an artificially controlled fluid balance, which sometimes leaves us with a fairly urgent need for the loo (mind you, we all have amazing bladder muscles, too). As you can imagine, there's a lot of toilet humour.

Maureen.

#64 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:03 AM

p.s.

Actually Junior, I think you missed your moment too.

Thinking about it, you should have added: if you'll take him straight away I'll throw in the groceries for good measure.

I'm bad too.

#65 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:13 AM

Maureen

If you're not good I'll create some more bruises on your already bruised body:-p J/k

My story made you think? Well that's a good start! Do you mean about depression per se, or about all the crap I've had to go through? It's funny but when I was researching my 4th yr thesis, I discovered that 50% of the Australian population cannot distinguish between normal sadness and the illness of depression. As you said, unless you've been affected, either directly or indirectly by it, I think it must be very hard to get your head around. It's a lot more than just being down and as you know, it is not something you can just snap out of. I wish it was that easy! What I do know is that I really feel for anyone who suffers from this debilitating illness.

Day 1 of my new job actually went quite well. HR took me through an induction - via a computer presentation - which was really good because it gave me a good idea of the structure of the organisation (Uniting Care Community Options) and where I fit within it. Then my Team Leader took me around and introduced me to my 'pod' (other team members) and asked me to read through some info then get back to her after lunch. She then spent a couple of hours taking me through the computer systems: hard drives, the database they use, etc. I was relieved to find that they didn't expect me to hit the ground running. They will ease me in and train me :)

Getting home at 6pm was different. Something I haven't done for a long time. Most time I got away from uni by @4pm - at the latest. But hey, that's life. If I'm going to re-enter the workforce, that's what it is all about. Have to get used to it sometime :)

Reckon I might sleep well tonight too ...zzzzzzzzzzzz

#66 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 September 2009 - 05:15 AM

LOL Maureen. Never thought of that!!!

The book sounds interesting. I think you need a sense of humour to get through some of the things life throws at us :)

#67 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:40 AM

Ceic,
You can't just buy them from a drug store, you have to have a RX for any medication.
You can get the drug company to give them to you for free! That way you can keep doing
a slow taper.

I just can't believe your doc won't give you a rx for more of it so you can come off this slowly
as you have told him how your feeling, I would find a more understanding doc.

Good Luck,
Debbie

#68 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been on Zoloft for 6mon. and Cymbalta for almost 1 year. I want to get off Cymbalta the Dr. put me on it for my panic attacks wouldn't stop happening, so the Dr. put me on Zoloft I had bad!!! Side effects on Zoloft, so the Dr. switched me to Cymbalta I haven't had any bad panic attacks since I have been on the drug just maybe 2 or 3 since it's going on 1 year already, to make the long story short! I want off of this meds I have noooo feeling or emotion...only usually during my menestrual cycle and that's usually when my panic and anxiety erupts. Anyway, I want off this med's and back to the life that i use to have a fun life not having to worry when to take a pill, or if i'm gong to have a next panic attack. I only hope and pray to God. once off this drug I wont go back to myself when I had bad panic attacks! what do you think?? do you think once off this drug i will have them again?? Anyway, I want my life back basicly....... Cecile

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:08 AM

Junior!! I know what i said u dont have to cut and paste it to ur comment!!!!!!! and u don't have to laugh at me!! it's not a game i am a real person with real feelings...and my cold turkey is alot more worse then yours!!!! hun!!..I'm glad i'm amuse you!! Maybe i shouldn't write how i feel on here!! but this website is what it's for not to bring others down!!If you have no side effects or not getting off any meds I don't think you should be here talking to people!! thank you!!! thanks maureen for not judgeing me!!

ANYWAY!!!!

Debbie yes, but i'm going to try to do this cold turkey like the dr. told me to do. he doesn't want me to weang off my meds by mg's cause he says it takes along time and he wants me off this med's asap..So i'm just listening to what the Dr. tells me to do... Today was a bad day I kept on crying all day!!!!! and my body felt numb all over!! and I'm very! very! irratable!!!!!!!!!! it's like my 5 or 6 day going actually cold turkey..I'm not doing my list anymore!!! pray for me!! thanks deb!! how are you doing on ur coming off??? bad as me??? i hope not!!!

Cece

#69 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2009 - 12:35 AM

-Maureen-

The dr. was suppose to call me today, but my phone went dead. and I called his office and he never answerd.. I was suppose to talk to him how i'm doing right now on cold turkey and well as you can see on some of my comments i wrote not sooo good.. the effects are killing me!! so hopefull i will get ahold of him tomrrow and i will let u know what he says... How are you doing on ur mg's?? you got lower this week didn't you?? oh yeah, i was thinking of taking Bin. do u think that is a good idea?? write back.

Nite Nite!!

Cece

#70 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2009 - 03:46 AM

Hi Cecile,

sorry to hear you're feeling bad - I was hoping that because you were only taking a cymbalta every four days or so that you would actually feel better without them. Let's hope each day gets better.

I think you might have misread Junior's post (in fact I know you have).

I've done the 'quote' thing myself - it's a feature of this website - not just a cut and paste job. She probably did that because there were quite a few posts between her and me in between the one she was referring to, just so you'd know she was answering that particular post. Yes, you know what you've said, but others may not know which actual post she was referring to.

Remember when you thought 'you poor sausage' was a negative comment? You said if you can't say something nice don't say anthing? Well I WAS saying something nice. Perhaps it's our Australian sense of humour, but believe me, in Junior's post I saw nothing but support for your situation. Sometimes you do have to laugh or you'd cry. Her 'Ha!" is the same ha as in your post about your husband. You don't 'amuse' Junior - she's empathising with you about your public situation. Remember she has a 17 year old autistic son, failed IVF, two ovaries removed, a long history of anti-depressants, including more recently Cymbalta, and is just like the rest of us here, trying to give support to others.

I've certainly found my conversations with her here to be nothing but supportive and empathetic.

Now do try to be kind to yourself, and KNOW that if it looks odd at first reading, read it again to find the support that's here.

I'm sorry our Australian sense of humour is so weird, but if you read Junior's comments again you'll find that what she's saying is sometimes if other people make you embarrassed (like others did when her son threw a tantrum) sometimes you just have to say something silly to them to make yourself feel less self conscious.

Also, and it's a BIG also, try to remember that this revolting drug is what's making you feel the way you do. It's NOT the real you, so don't feel bad about it. O.k.???

(((((BIG HUG))))) and also a smooch from our gorgeous little cats;

Boasting time: a Cats footballer won the most important individual award last night, known as the Brownlow Medal. He's also a lucky lad in that he has a gorgeous and down to earth girlfriend, unlike some of the WAGs. If you need a laugh, have a look at these pictures, in particular pic no 36. The bloke must be 80, and his 'fiancee' (plus extra breasts) is 26. I don't know who to feel sorrier for.

http://www.theage.co... ... tedImage=0

take care, Maureen.

#71 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:32 AM

Junior, Don't be mad i took it the wrong way....I understand now...I just felt like she was laughing at me when she did the "ha" been there done that...well because i haven't been there done that...and I'm sorry if i came off like mad person, but this drug is just making me soo angry perhaps anything anyone says just makes me mad all the time...and that's really not like me..its the Cym....I hate the person who i have become...and yes maybe i should make it into a silly suitation...but it just makes me feel like i'm weirder than i am already...i dunno...

I clicked on the botton with all those people who are they?? I dont even know one of them?? there very pretty people and i love their dresses...

GOOD nite !!!!!!!1
CECE

#72 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:33 AM

Maureen,

Thanks for explaining to Cecil. I certainly did NOT mean to offend, judge or upset her. I know that sometimes I say things in a way that can be interpreted as harsh but it's very rare that it's actually meant that way.

Cecil

As Maureen said, I didn't cut and paste anything. I just used the 'quote' function. This forum doesn't display quotes very clearly; most that I go to have the quote come up as a box inside the window in which you post. If that makes sense!! I apologise if you thought I was judging you. I wasn't. I was just saying that this is how I learned how to deal with a difficult situation and that it might be of value to you. I also said that some people don't have the self confidence to do what I do and that that is ok too. We all find our own ways of dealing with embarrassment. One of mine is the use of humour. That's all :)

#73 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2009 - 04:36 AM

For what it's worth Cecil, I'm still battling anxiety and insomnia and I've just started a new job!! If I had missed out on the job I would have waited a while before applying for anything else but I somehow managed to get it! And I figured that it was too good an opportunity to miss so ... I got through today on about 5 hours sleep. Pray that I sleep longer tonight :S

Maureen
You have mentioned that you are self-employed. What do you do? If you don't mind me asking.

#74 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2009 - 09:43 PM

Sooo I decided to call my Dr. today and I told him how i'm tierd of feeling anxiety and dizzy and all the above and i'm about to check myself into the hospital..and do you know what he says?????? well if u feel you need to then do so!!! and then i said ok are you going to pay for my Hosptial bill??? cause this is not suppose to happend..because you say ur weaning system does wonders remember???!!! I'm sooo pissed of at my Dr. right now I spent all day looking for a new one that my insurace overs. and by the way i didn't go to the Hospital I cryed almost all day!!! and got thro it.... Could anyone out there reasure me that I'm not going to die??????? cold turkey!!! cuase it feels like i'am...honestly.

Cecile

#75 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

HI Cecile,

You know what, I think you should go to a hospital. I find your system there hard to follow, but assume if you have insurance for prescriptions you have it for hospital???

You may be lucky enough to strike someone who has actually come across this before.

No, you're not going to die, it can certainly feel like it though.

Do remember that you may actually be getting past the worst of it given you've been effectively taking only an AVERAGE of a 1/3 - 1/4 of 30mg per day - not that I think that automatically makes it any easier, but if you focus on the fact that you may feel better than you would have going cold turkey from 30mg every day.

Try to write down something good that's happened every day. Also, try to 'stand outside' yourself and try to see your body and mind as some stranger that this useless drug has left temporarily in charge of your body.

Sorry all sounding a bit silly, but I don't know what else to say.

Debbie has started on Prozac, so you may be interested to follow how she goes on that.

Is there any chance if you went to a hospital that that could be organized?

How many 30mg cymbalta do you have left?

take care, Maureen.

#76 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:14 AM

Yes, I have a co-payment to go to the Hospital...but i'm soo in dept there i don't even want to check myslef in there anymore!! so i sat in the lobby i did't want to check myslef in...I felt better sitting in the lobby and cying my eyes out... i have #13 of 30mg should i pour some out and take some?? how many balls do i take out?? I don't want to reuwin it for me, i have come this far...its been since Sep. 16th since i took my last I took a 30mg of cymb. then the Dr. wanted cold turkey.. i have been off for almost 7 days already!! proud of me?? I'm not i feel like i'm going to die..

I have been taking Ibu's (200mgs) morning, lunch time and at night and it does help with the head aches..If i feel this horrible today I could only imagine how i'm going to feel tomorrow... arn't i suppose to start to feel better coming off Cymb?

I'm sooo lazy i don't want to do a darn thang!! i'm gaining weight cause all i want to do is cry then eat cry then eat....but today was sooo bad i didn't eat that much at all i feel like i'm gunna through up!!! Ps. I got a pregnat test at my clinic and it was Neg. thank godness!!!

Write back
Cece

#77 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

Hi Cecile,

You don't want to be pregnant? I'm glad then in that case it was negative.

I guess after seven days you'd think from all that's been said on here that you would start to notice an improvement.

Have you had any at all?

I don't really know what to say. I know you don't want to take any more cymbalta, but I know you don't want to feel like you do either. To go to the effort of going to a hospital just because you feel so bad that you somehow feel 'safer' (psychologially) there, shows just how desperate you are.

I know what I would do if I were you, but I'm not you.

I just hope to god those of you in the us get a decent, fair, universal health system that doesn't give you a level of treatment according to your ability to pay. I know there is a lot of opposition to the idea, but I can tell you that from the outside (eg from Australia and England) your system seems insane (sorry about that word!!).

Once you have a universal health system that treats health as a human right rather than what you can afford, you won't look back.

Again, I have to stress that this isn't a boast about our system (after all, it wasn't MY idea), if you don't have private health insurance in Australian and you're 75 and you need a hip replacement - well let's just hope you're a patient person. Our system has many flaws and shortcomings. Due to my complicated medical history I have private health insurance, BUT I'm still as entitled as the next person to rock up at a public hospital with a broken leg, heart attack, etc and be treated free of charge.

Most prescriptions are max $35.00; if you're on a low income or out of work they're about $5.00

I can see any doctor I jolly well choose, too, not just one my insurance company approves of.

You have to be very clear about whether or not you want to take the remaining Cymbalta.

No, I wouldn't toss it out. if, IF, you decide to go this way, I'd first of all get the gelatin capsules I mentioned. They're not expensive; you mentioned eating out the other day, I can assure you the caps will cost less than your meal.

That way, if, IF, you decided to take the remaining caps you could have 26 x days of 15mg.

15mg made most of my symptoms disappear.

You have to make a decision first: ride this out or taper down.

You've still got enough caps to do a taper down, but please, PLEASE, don't just start taking the odd capsule here and there.

EVERYTHING I've read, both here and elsewhere advises against this.

Let me know what you decide,

take care,

Maureen.

#78 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:56 AM

Cecile, I'm so sorry that things are bad for you right now. And I agree with everything Maureen said about the health system you guys have. Social Class should not come into whether a person can access treatment when they are sick. Now that I think about it, it goes against everything the US professes to stand for (I"m thinking of Superman - "truth, justice, and the American Way - where is the justice?????). Unfortunately, you can only work within the system you have.

What I CAN tell you is that you are NOT going to die - no matter how bad you are feeling right now. Your brain and intestinal chemistry have both been altered by Cymbalta and are now trying to relearn how to function without it. Some people can withdraw easily from these drugs, some can't. Not only does it differ from person to person, but also from drug to drug.

In the case of Cymbalta, I only took it for 19 days. 60mg. Yet it took me two weeks to get over the (cold turkey) withdrawal. The first 3 days were ok but on Day 4 I suddenly felt pretty sever upper abdo pain. My mood was all over the place. I know there is at least one day when I just cried and cried for no real reason at all! And I'm not a crier! I DID have tests to make sure that the upper abdo pain wasn't anything serious and it wasn't. Pretty much all of that subsided after the two week period.

None of us here can tell you what to do. We can only offer suggestions. What you need to work out is what you feel you can reasonably afford. If you feel that you are already too much in debt in regards to being a hospital inpatient, then maybe stay at home. Or, if you feel that you could manage to repay a debt for only a short-term stay, that might be an option. The other side to things is how you are coping at home. Can you cope for a few days with just a little bit of added support? Do you have anyone at home who can maybe pitch in and help around the house a bit? Just to take the pressure off so you can focus on you. Added support can also be us. We are here for you. My new job is only from Mon to Wed so I will be around more over the next 4 days.

Another option, as Maureen has suggested is to consider taking Prozac to help you with the withdrawal. Cymbalta works on two neurotransmitters, serotonin and norepinephrine. Prozac only works on serotonin. That way you can get relief from the serotonin withdrawal while your body gets used to the lack of norepinephrine stimulation.

Whatever you decide, please stay in touch. We are here for you :)

#79 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:36 AM

Hello,

-Marueen and Junior-

Thank you both for you support today is my 7 day almost 8th!! cause, i'm gunna go to sleep pretty soon!! that i haven't been on my meds..I'm sorry I have been acting different it's soo hard to deal with it's just the side effects are killing me!!! and i don't know how to act..it pretty much controls how i'm gunna feel...right now i'm feel ok!! i took a IBU so that might be why...anyway I didn't go to the Hospital today thank godness!!! Oh and maureen no i'm not trying to get pregnat..I don't know why they wanted to do that test!!! maybe cause of the Nasea and vomitting feeling??? and they just wanted to make sure i wasn't.

Anyway, today was actually better then yesterday i thought it was going to be worse..I only took 2 IBU's i have been taking 3 a day, but today i took 2. today i felt the heart palpitations and fluttering (just once or twice today) like i have heard about that side effect..I already got a Ecogram a few months ago and my heart was fine!! my General Dr. said.. Anyway, I talked to my Pych/Dr. today and I told him that i told him that i might need some more time off, so i think he is going to give me more time off of work...I really want to feel better because my Boss is getting married this Sat. and I was suppose to go back to work Fri. and I really want to go to her wedding... Maybe i will just go back to work and handel the side effects at work?? I work a 8 hour shift...My friend said she will even help me through it... I would be fine if this nasea/head aches would go away already!!! pissing me off!!!.........

I hope tomorrow gets even better!!!!!!!!

Ps. I haven't been in the mood lately to write on here and i was going to stop...But i try to take my mind off the head aches and come on this site and write, but please forgive me if i skip a few days or two..I just feel soo shitty!!... so forgive me...goodnite.

Love, Cece

#80 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:58 AM

Marueen,

Are you mad at me?? i need someone to talk to...So lonely.

I'm going to go get checked for ISSR syndrom...I have really really bad head ahces, shivering, lite headedness, dizzyness, and anxiety, sweaty palms, like i can't hold my head up and my fingers and toes are numb!! I think my bodys going into shock Maureen..either that or its a stroke or seisure.. I'm trying not to have a panic attack! and I will if i panic about this!! and it's been my 9th day cold turkey since my last weaning day...I don't know if i shoud start feeling good by now, that's why i want to be checked..I have to take IBUs (200mgs) 3 times a day and the one a nite some times doesn't work..so wish me luck!! I'm going to the Dr.s tomorrow. I feel horrible!!! Sometimes i feel like i'm going to go to sleep and not wake up.... and I went back to work today! I shouldn't have but it's been a month since i haven't worked...
write back marueen......
ur friend,
Cecile

#81 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 September 2009 - 04:04 AM

Hi Cece,

Of course I'm not mad at you, you silly sausage. :))))))))))))))))

you know, I really think you need to decide: are you going to go through with this no cymbalta stage, or do you want to taper with a regular dose every day.

I've read the posts you've made today, and DO understand what you mean - about heart attack, stroke etc. I only felt like that for a few days, but clearly, clearly remember it. On day I was so 'hyper' I opened a bottle of wine thinking a glass of alcohol would calm me down; instead, after a few mouthfuls I felt a lot worse, so I knew it wasn't just 'anxiety' making me feel that way.

It was THOSE feelings, (rather than the brain zaps, itchiness, etc etc - which were bad enough )which made me decide to do the slow taper,WITH A REGULAR DOSE EVERY DAY.

What you've been through ISN"T a slow taper, it's an alternating dose and withdrawal, and who knows what it's done to your poor body.

So, let me know: do you want to struggle through this awful withdrawal, or do you want to try using the remaining Cymbalta capsules you have to taper further????

I can only speak from my own experience, and know that going from 30mg every second day, to 15 - 20 mg every day for a few days made a huge difference. As everyone's different, it may not work as well for you, but only you can decide.

O.K.???

kind regards,

Maureen.

p.s. my team (the Cats) won the Grand Final today, but it was close, so it was a good game. If I was a bit quiet on here a few days ago it was because our beautiful little 8 month old cat, Acorn, fell in a tree, broke her back and had serious unknown internal injuries and was in severe shock by the time we got her to the vet, so we had to say goodbye to her. She was so gorgeous, my husband used to call her little miss sweetie. Perhaps we shouldn't have given her the name Acorn - the little devil was always up trees!

#82 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 26 September 2009 - 03:39 PM

Cec,
I so agree with Maurene, and wrote something else where about what your doing. This had been wrong from
the strat, and your doc should have know better. Even the insert says to decrease the drug slowly, not alternate
it like he did to you.

This drug only had a half life, or stay is your system like 4 hours, so you were really going longer than you realized
the way you were told to do it. /The was inhuman for him to do that to you. Doc's don't KNOW ABOUT THE WITH
DRAWLS WE HAVE TO SUFFER WITH, and yes they do listen to the stupid reps who give them samples!!!

My doc who I love very much said she told him it was only because I was probally just sensitive to the drug!!!!!
I still have not taken him some posts from a few sites to show him, he did ask. I need to buy a new ink cartridge
for my printer!!! Trying to rememer is really hard to do for me at the present.

Hell I am down to 30 mg now, and it has been since Aug 31 that I started the second nightmare because of this
drug. I just couldn't take the withdrawls so finally was tired of not being good to myself, and did the prozac thing.

It has helped so much, and now I can even do the mental stuff better, don't feel like dying anymore, did before,
or blowing my brains out(No just words) I just felt that bad.

So anyway I just hope you too will be more loving to yourself, and kids by trying to get a slower taper instead.

Love,
Debbie

#83 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:25 AM

Thank you maureen for not being mad at me!! I'm just a young adult looking for help..

I'm sorry to hear about your cat!! I'm soo sad to hear it didn't make it.....

Today i went to my general practitioner and he told me that there is no way to check to see if you have SSRI syndrom??? and he told me why did u get off Cymbalta I told you not to!!!! I told him i have been doing a weaning proccess for 1month then my last day was sep. 16th and i have been cold turkey ever since then...also, I told him well what if i want to get pregnat, I have never had a baby i'm 25 and i ain't getting any younger!!!! then he tells me when you could have had ur babay on Cymbalta and i was thinking what are you crazy???? isn't that dangerous for the baby??? so then i asked no it would have make my baby diformed or messed up if i did have a baby. and he says no!!!!!! all you need to do is take wellbuterin it lowers the chemicals in ur brain he says he's done it many many patients and that there are no side effects at all to the babys.........I was speechless!!!!!

Anyway, he told me not to talk to him about anything about my SSRI syndrom and the side effecst i'm going through right now coming off the Cymbalta he says to only go to him if i need help with general things, if i want help in the Pych area basiclly go to my Pych/Dr. He's such a mean man no sympathy at all!!! I really hate him and my Pych doctor..

I found another Pych doctor but he's booked untill next wednesday i can't see him... : ( and i think now i'm gunna start looking for a new General doctor

I feel like no ones wants to help me.... and here iam just sitting here going cold tureky..day 10!!!!!! and yesterday i did feel like i was gunna die!!! not too bad today...I just hope and pray every nite!!!! I feel like i'm closer to god now then i will ever be...I just pray and pray that it will just end soon...

Cece

#84 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 September 2009 - 03:38 AM

[quote name="Cecile"]Thank you maureen for not being mad at me!! I'm just a young adult looking for help..

I'm sorry to hear about your cat!! I'm soo sad to hear it didn't make it.....

Today i went to my general practitioner and he told me that there is no way to check to see if you have SSRI syndrom??? and he told me why did u get off Cymbalta I told you not to!!!! I told him i have been doing a weaning proccess for 1month then my last day was sep. 16th and i have been cold turkey ever since then...also, I told him well what if i want to get pregnat, I have never had a baby i'm 25 and i ain't getting any younger!!!! then he tells me when you could have had ur babay on Cymbalta and i was thinking what are you crazy???? isn't that dangerous for the baby??? so then i asked no it would have made my baby diformed or messed up if i did have a baby. and he says no!!!!!! all you need to do is take wellbuterin it lowers the chemicals in ur brain he says he's done it many many patients and that there are no side effects at all to the babys.........I was speechless!!!!!

Anyway, he told me not to talk to him about anything about my SSRI syndrom and the side effecst i'm going through right now coming off the Cymbalta he says to only go to him if i need help with general things, if i want help in the Pych area basiclly go to my Pych/Dr. He's such a mean man no sympathy at all!!! I really hate him and my Pych doctor..

I found another Pych doctor but he's booked untill next wednesday i can't see him... : ( and i think now i'm gunna start looking for a new General doctor now

I feel like no ones wants to help me.... and here iam just sitting here going cold tureky..day 10!!!!!! and yesterday i did feel like i was gunna die!!! not too bad today, but still bad i want to taper off my meds but i don't know how??? so i just stay off..It hurts my stomach and it hurts my head and my neck aches like its hanging beside me...I just hope and pray every nite!!!! I pray i wake up for another day...becuase everyday i feel like im not going to wake up and see another day.. I feel like i'm closer to god now then i will ever be...I just pray and pray that it will just end soon...

Cecile

#85 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 September 2009 - 04:58 AM

Cecile - not getting any younger at 25!! You make me laugh!!
I'm only a spring chicken at 56. I thought I was 57 until I worked it out this morning, how's that?

You've only got a few days to go till wednesday - hang in there.

Re being pregnant: My understanding is that Cymbalta is a category C drug; all drugs are classified according to how much is known about them and their affect on the baby.

This is what I found about Cymbalta and pregnancy: (this is an Australian publication)

'The safety of duloxetine in pregnancy and lactation has not been established. The ADEC lists duloxetine as category B3 in pregnancy; teratogenic effects are not expected, but foetal harm may occur.1
In lactating mothers, the estimated infant dose ranges from approximately 0.1 to 0.3% of the maternal dose.1 Due to the risk of adverse effects in the neonate, the manufacturers advise against the use of duloxetine in lactation'

Category A is the best - old drug, lots been taken, no evidence of harm.

Category B is divided into three: B3 is the 'worst' - 'studies in animals have shown evidence of increased incidence of foetal damage, the significance of which is considered uncertain in humans.'

There are far worse categories:

C = pposs cause harmful effects but NOT malformations, but effects are usually reversible.

D = definitely causes damage in humans.

X = Drugs that are such high risk they should never be used in pregnancy.

This is the link for anyone who's interested: http://www.watag.org..._16-1_Mar09.pdf

The only reason I know about these categories is because when I was planning a pregnancy (not lately!!) I was on many drugs for a problem which has since been resolved, and two of them were category D, so it all took a bit of planning.

I read somewhere where cymbalta was considered a category C in America; either way, I wouldn't be taking anything other than a category A without doing my own research and getting a second opinion.

regards, Maureen.

#86 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 September 2009 - 05:09 AM

I can't sleep and i took my Ambian almost a hour ago...I feel sleepy but my mind wont let me go to sleep...I feel scared and anxious feeling...I tried pinching myslef and it didn't hurt so i pinched me cheeks and it didn't hurt...It must be my nerves, cause i feel like i can't feel a thing, i can hardly move, and i talk slower then normal like i swiper it's weird it's like it's even hard to try and speak...

Cece

#87 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:11 AM

-Maureen-

I can't believe Junior and Debbie
All i asked Sandlion was when her side effects subsided and there all going crazy saying why do i think she's lieing?? I never said she was lieing!! they are both being evil to me, it's like they get mad when i ask you a question or more advice then them...I'm just attached to you i feel like.. I don't have a mom or dad that understand where i'm coming from and it's hard to except that..My mom is an alcoholic and addicted to pain killers and my dad is a drug addict..so it's hard not having an older adult to look up too...I'm sooo sensitive right now because i have been off for 11days!!!!!!! already with no Cymbalta at all!! and the side effects are kicking my ass!! so all i was trying to do was get help!!! from Sandlion...and it was her descion to tell her storie i never asked for that!!

Anyway Maureen, how is ur tapering?? I know i should have taperd...but i didn't and maybe my new Dr. will..I dont know.. i want to get pregnat..I'm 25 and i feel like my clock is ticking..I have no children.. and yes i found ur information (above) to be quit interesting!! that's i don't want to be pregnat yet...I can't wait to see my new Dr. on Wednesday Maureen im soo excited there's hope!!! : )

Ps. I'm glad ur team won a game!! My husbands team the Raiders lost today..it was funny cause i don't like my husbands team i like the Dallas Cowboys their from Texas both of my parents are from Texas.

Write back

Ur friend, Cecile

#88 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:22 AM

Hi Cecile,

Are you really sure you want to hear what I have to say, because I suspect you're not going to be too happy.

I DO think your post about Sandilon was misinterpreted, BUT that was probably because you'd already given both me and Junior a blast when you misunderstood our intention.

No one here is being evil to you - there is no one here who doesn't wish you well.

so ... do you want to hear what I have to say??

Trust me, it is with the best of intentions (there's no point in any other intentions), and to show you how things can sometimes come across to other people.

I DO understand that English is not your first language and I think this may be contributing to the difficulties.

I DO also hope that you take a deep breath and tell me you want to hear why you've attracted criticism.

Kind regards, (seriously)

Maureen.

p.s. we can do this privately if you wish. You know how to email me - i did get that original email if you remember, after I'd already answered you on this site.

#89 Cecile

Cecile

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:57 AM

Yes, I wrote you a message i hope you get it soon!! so others wont have to read our conversations!! because honestly Junior will just fallow me on all my posts and just want to complain about what i have to say!! I know i'm not the only one coming off Cymbalta and I haven't been acting like it either..I just ask questions like everyone else does that's all and that's why we are all here to ask questions to one another and get help... to be honest this site is making me more depressed because of one certin person and i will just start messaging you from here on out!!!!!! Ok : ) I wont post here anymore..good idea.. : )

Know i will try to get some sleep, because lastnight was soo aweful..couldn't sleep one bit..I had vomitt in my throat!! yuck..

Nite nite,
Cecile

#90 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:59 AM

Cec,
No one hates you here, we are all in the same boat. I am so sorry that you have parents like you do.

I do wish you would just go back, and read all the things that you have said to Maurene, and think about
if they it was being said about you. How would you feel? I know your young, but still we just all need
love, and support here.

I am just as bad off with my emotions as you are, no one is out to get anyone, and parnoia is part of
the withdral aymptoms. I have them too!

I am not mad at you, I am just saddened at what you say, and it does make me angry too.

Like I said to you, what if the shoe was on the other foot?

Sorry your having such a hard time still.

Love,
Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users