• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VAPOR8

VAPOR8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:09 AM

Was on Lexapro for 10 years. Have been on Cymbalta for 2 years.

I counted 563 beads in a capsule. Is it really necessary to count more than one capsule?

After reading through the forum ive decided to taper 10% every 2 weeks. Should i try jumping straight down to 30mg first before starting the taper?

Thanks

-----------

The rest of my regimen...

Morning Before Eating Anything
L-Tyrosine 

Meditation

With Breakfast
Multi
B Vitamins
Fish Oil
Vitamin D
Digestive Enzyme

Before  Bed
Magnesium
L-Tryptophan 

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:24 AM

Welcome Vapor8

Good choice of supplements but watch the L-tryptophan as it is interacts with Cymbalta and can cause Serotonin Syndrome.

If you have ever missed a dose before and had problems then I would not try the jump to 30 but if a skipped dose did not bother you much, yes, give it a try. If it does not work out well then you can go back to your full dose and stabilize before bead counting.

Counting one capsule is good enough but the 10% per week is typically too fast. I always recommend no faster than 1% per day or slower. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones though.

Keep us posted.

#3 VAPOR8

VAPOR8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 06:22 PM

Welcome Vapor8

Good choice of supplements but watch the L-tryptophan as it is interacts with Cymbalta and can cause Serotonin Syndrome.

If you have ever missed a dose before and had problems then I would not try the jump to 30 but if a skipped dose did not bother you much, yes, give it a try. If it does not work out well then you can go back to your full dose and stabilize before bead counting.

Counting one capsule is good enough but the 10% per week is typically too fast. I always recommend no faster than 1% per day or slower. Maybe you will be one of the lucky ones though.

Keep us posted.

Ill look into the L-tryptophan... it may be meant to be taken after being completely off the meds.

1% per day does sound like a better and easier plan than 10% every 2 weeks. Tapering 1% (5 beads) per day should take 112 days to complete.

Question: Ive read its important not to take the beads outside of a capsule. Is this really necessary once your down to like 5 beads?

#4 VAPOR8

VAPOR8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 09:34 PM

Revised daily Tapering Routine:

Morning Before Eating

• L-Theanine

Meditation

With breakfast

• Meds
• B Vitamins
• Fish Oil
• Vitamin D
• Digestive Enzymea

Before Bed
• Magnesium
• Swanson Sleep Essentials

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 September 2017 - 08:48 AM

Not necessary to put them back in the capsule but be sure not to chew them.

L-Theanine great idea. You might want to go to the post "And the answer to your question is...". It is in the Medical Support section. I believe it has some detailed info on L-theanine.

Also in that topic is that L-tyrosine competes with L-Tryotophan in the blood system, L-tyrosine can cause serotonin syndrome when combined with Cymbalta. That doesn't mean you can't use L-Tyrosine, L-Tryptophan and Cymbalta together but it must be monitored closely and you must know the symptoms of serotonin syndrome well and look out for them. Any usage should be very limited. As I am not a doctor I would error on the side of caution. If you read that topic "And the answer to your question is...". You will find comments, warning and suggestions from members on the use of those 3 supplements. L-theanine is not linked to serotonin syndrome.

You are off to a good start so hang in there and remember you are not alone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users