• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ThrowDownJoe

ThrowDownJoe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 04:01 PM

I am going through a divorce and I am also a colon cancer survivor (4 Months :-) yay). I was having a horrible time coping with all of the emotions from surviving cancer and then catching my spouse of 14 years cheating on me twice in two days. I had the trauma of seeing her in the act twice and she left.

Fast forward to about 45 days ago where I was prescribed Cymbalta 30mg. I am taking the duloxetine generic and after feeling no different and losing the ability to orgasm I said screw this and quit cold turkey 4 days ago. I did not realize there would be symptoms and I am currently having the following issues. I also quit my Buspar and Klonopin at the same time. I went in full F**k it mode and decided I wanted to take control back of my life.

So far I am having:

Mild Dizziness

Pain behind my eyes, and nerve pain in the back of my neck especially when I turn side to side.

Sleepless nights

My appetite has come back! but I am fearful of gaining back the 30lbs I lost in the last 45 days due to not really eating....

I get the hot/cold flashes (especially at night)

No brain zaps but I do feel sloshy.

With such a small dose and only having 45 days would it be reasonable to think my withdrawal symptoms would be much shorter?

Like I said I am on day 4 on quitting cold turkey and I am only starting to feel the flu like symptoms. The are very short almost like the cold/heat flashes.

I am in a way better place mentally now with therapy and I feel like I do not need this crap in my system anymore.

3 days after stopping my libido came roaring back, it was almost like I was a teenager again!

Anyone else out there with a short dose / small dose care to elaborate on duration and severity of withdrawal?

This sucks! I was on paxil as a teenager for 3 years 60mg and don't remember anything bad feelings coming off that.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Welcome TDJ

What a story. So sorry for all your troubles and am glad your situation has improved. First of all Cymbalta has a FDA warning about quitting cold turkey. Seizures, suicide, and other severe symptoms. As far as withdrawal time... Well I have seen people who have been on it a month or 2 with very little withdrawal and others that take 9 months or a year to come off of it. Lets hope you are one of the lucky ones.

The libido rushing back is a symptom of what is called PSSD, post ssri sexual dysfunction. It can cause extreme libido fpr 3 to 6 days before settling down. At that point your testosterone drops down dramatically only to build back up over the next 2 or 3 months.

If the symptoms get to rough to handle you may not need to go back to 30 mg. Returning to maybe 10 mg or so and stabilizing would probably be possible. Let us know how things go. We are here for you and will be glad to help in anyway we can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users