• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:26 AM

Hi all
I was 55 days free of cymbalta— having less side effects but not feeling good at all. My fibromyalgia pain had gotten worse again and I was edged stressed and not happy. My doctor suggested I go back on a low dose. —was on 90 previously and I was plagued with side effects.

After much debate I decided i needed to see if it was truly helping my pain now that I am not on any other meds. After 2 weeks I started having noticeably less pain and in a month my mood improved and I am calm and happy and able to cope with and accept my pain issues. I also have very little in the way of side effects if any.

I got such good advice on this website and if cymbalta ever stops working for me I know how to wean safely and effectively and what to expect. I wish everyone luck who needs to get off this medication and I warn others to really ask a lot of questions of your doctor and yourself before beginning.
LisaMichele

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:42 AM

LM, I can not tell you how glad I am that you are doing better. Quality of life is so important. I am glad you found a balance in your Cymbalta treatment.

I also appreciate your coming back and letting us in on how things worked out. Information like this is a big help to us in advising others.

God bless and stop by every now and then and let us know how it is going.

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 04:34 PM

Hi Lisa Michelle,

So glad you came back to post and that you are feeling much better on cymbalta.

And I'm proud of you that you had the courage to admit that you are feeling much better on it than off.

My thoughts were that people going back on Cymbalta were to ashamed to come back to the forum!

My hat to you Lisa Marie, and as our beloved Fishinghat says, quality of life is what counts.

Please keep posting, we really appreciate your sincerity, with love, Gail

#4 LisaMichele

LisaMichele

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal

Posted 20 January 2018 - 08:55 AM

Gail and fishing hat
Thank you so much for your kind words. I was apprehensive about posting again at first but I wanted people to know there is no shame in taking something that really helps you. I was on so many drugs at one time that I had no idea what was helping me. In the year it took to wean from all of them I finally realized what did work.

I am still not sure what my future with cymbalta holds but I feel that my days are so much better and I live them each one at a time deliberately.

Of course it’s not all about the drugs. I have changed other things significantly but cymbalta has allowed me to do that. My hope is that other patients will continue to ask questions of their health care providers before accepting ANY drug and way their effectiveness before the inevitable “let’s try this one too” before you know it you’re on 10 drugs— all highly addictive and you feel worse or not much better.

This is a great site! It’s given me the courage to be where I am now!
Thanks!!!

#5 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 20 January 2018 - 02:12 PM

Lisa Michele,

Thank you so much for coming back to post. Getting better and better as I can see.

I guess that it took a lot of humility from you to write your post before this one, I am so proud of you LS. Humility is such a beautiful gift.

I just hope to hear from you again, even just to say Hello! Be well, with love, Gail xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users