159 replies to this topic

#121 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 17 May 2018 - 07:54 AM

Sweet Cheryl,

Give yourself permission to take those tablets till stable on Celexa.

It is needed for you to look in the mirror and to promise yourself to be good for Cheryl.
She needs this at the moment, so give it to her.

FH and myself are still tapering the benzo with no withdrawal at all, we go slow.
You will know when it's time and now is definitely not the time.

You are rolling this thing out of proportion, fixating on it, not that I don't understand, I did the same thing. So take that tablet, till your state of mind is better. May it be weeks, months, we will teach you how and with no withdrawal at all. Promise! Xxxx

#122 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:42 AM

Thank you Gail! You made me tear up reading that! I am going to give myself time and stop worrying about it. So glad I met you two on this site. You don't know how much you have helped me

#123 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

Our mental issues tend to fluctuate up and down all the time so one period of problems don't always correlate to your latest change in meds. It sometimes takes time to tell. I would suggest giving it (0.125 drop) another try when school is out and hang in there with it for a few days. If you feel that it is bothering you then we can set you up with water titration and drop even slower. Don't worry, you will get there.

#124 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 May 2018 - 09:26 PM

Just wanted to say thank you again fishinghat and Gail. I've been doing good after I've decided not to fixate on the fact that I'm taking the Klonopin. I'm not going to stress about counting the weeks I've been on it. I plan on trying to taper again soon. I don't think I would have felt withdrawal within 12 hours of cutting a dose? It was probably my own anxiety. I'll be in the 10 mg of celexa for 2 weeks this Friday after building up to that dose over the past 2 months, so hopefully I'll be in a better place to start the taper. Is 2 and a half months still considered not long term use?

#125 kimmybc

kimmybc

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 02:58 AM

I'm wishing you well. It seems that celexa is helping - and probably the klonopin since I heard klonopin is a pretty strong benzo but you are on a low dosage so who knows? Please continue updating us!

#126 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:05 AM

Cheryl,

Thank you for your kind words. One year or more might be considered long term use. My opinion!

There is really no matter for drama about this, it's time when it's time. You will feel it in your body. As I said, only when you have been stable for a while, not three days, for a while.

I really don't see the rush or emergency on this matter. If this small dosage gets you around, that's great. Real great. Fishinghat and I might differ on this subject, and that's ok.

You should see him in his leopard G string, a sight for sore eyes(lol)! I love that guy! Xxx

#127 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2018 - 09:51 AM

The research drs consider long=term use of anything over 4 months. That is a very arbitrary decision though. You can feel withdrawal within 24 to 30 hours of the reduction of the klonopin. I still think that when you begin weaning again you should go very slow so you don't have to worry about withdrawal. The time will come when you are ready and you will know when.

#128 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:33 PM

Fisherman, what does Klonopin withdrawal look like after 24 hours? I can't say as I never experienced it.

Thank you sir!

#129 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:40 PM

When I go to taper, what do you suggest would be the best way to taper to hopefully experience no withdrawal. I'm on .25 Klonopin twice a day. Do you cut both doses or just one?

#130 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2018 - 12:52 PM

Gail, usually it starts with some agitation and upset stomach. By the end of 3 days it is extreme anxiety, bouts of anger, rage, panic followed by a short period of depression and then back to the anxiety. Insomnia, very active dreaming and even extreme anxiety during your dreams. Usually heart pounding, high  bp, and an absolute feeling of going out of your mind from the anxiety.

#131 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:05 PM

Cheryl, I would strongly recommend the water titration method. It has two principles to it. Keep a constant blood level concentration and, of course, go slow.

Method

At 0.5 mg per day. Dissolve 1.5 mg in 600 ml of water. A measuring cup is accurate enough. This is a 3 day supply. Keep refrigerated.

Every 6 hours take 50 ml (0.125 mg)

With each new batch you make up (every 3 days) you make it up exactly as above BUT after making up the batch take out 6 ml of the mixture and replace with 6 ml of water. This is  a 1% drop every 3 days and will take a year BUT...

If everything proceeds fine you slowly can work up the rate of drop (7 mls, 8 mls, etc). When you find your limit then hold steady for a few days until stable again and then go back to dropping but a little slower.

I have come off benzos 4 times and am now on my 5th time. (sad story). I know don't even think of it as a challenge as this method has been so successful for me and a lot of other people on BenzoBuddies.

As this medicine does not completely dissolve it is essential that you remember to shake the mixture before taking your 50 ml dose and also before removing your 6 ml drop.

Syringes can usually be bought at a drug store, pharmacy, veterinary supply or even a farm supply store. I usually use a 20 or 30 ml syringe.

Please feel free to ask questions. Some times my descriptions are as clear as mud.  lol

#132 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

Do you think I'll have much withdrawal if I just try cutting the .25s with a razor blade? And going down to the .125? I'm getting so scared even thinking about it. I'm thinking it will be week 11 when I try tapering.

#133 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:28 PM

Do I need to taper for a whole year? Ugh! I'm so nervous about this whole thing!

#134 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:36 PM

Do I need to taper for a whole year? Ugh! I'm so nervous about this whole thing!

#135 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 01:47 PM

If I do get some withdrawal from cutting the .125 do you think it will be minimal? How long does it last? I'm getting all worked up about it again :(

#136 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2018 - 04:22 PM

That is a 25% drop. I would expect some withdrawal but it should be minimal. At that level it should last 2 or 3 weeks. While being uncomfortable you should be able to deal with it. Only one sure way to find out.

One year plan on the water titration was just to start out. A nice safe level. You would then work up slowly until you reach your limit. It could wind up taking a year or just 3 months. Everyone is different. The nice thing is no withdrawal. Do that 25% withdrawal and see how it goes. Even if it is very uncomfortable it won't last forever.

#137 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

Hi Cheryl,

I know how you are feeling.  When we go through the horrible withdrawl of Cymbalta it is very traumatic.  It took me a long time to recover emotionally.  I feel like you should allow yourself 2 weeks to not even think about it.  Just take to weeks to recover and let your future self worry about the Klonopin taper. Believe me I know exactly how you feel.  It's really hard not to obsess and worry worry worry.

I can tell you that years ago I was on .50mg of xanax four times a day for over a year.  That is way too much xanax for way too long.  I just weaned myself super slow by cutting the pills.  It took a year but it was very painless.  My body told me how slow to go and if I went too fast I just slowed down and I never had major withdrawl symptoms.  It is not the insidious nature of Cymbalta.

Deep breaths my friend.  You will be OK.

#138 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:49 AM

"I can tell you that years ago I was on .50mg of xanax four times a day for over a year. That is way too much xanax for way too long. I just weaned myself super slow by cutting the pills. It took a year but it was very painless. My body told me how slow to go and if I went too fast I just slowed down and I never had major withdrawl symptoms."

Now there is someone who gets it. Great job!!!

#139 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:31 PM

Thank you, Juli! I need to stop obsessing about it. It's so hard. I guess that could be a sign I'm not yet totally stable on my celexa yet. I've been told I have a little OCD and right now it's focused on Klonopin :(

#140 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:02 AM

Those obsessive all consuming paranoid thoughts are overwhelming. They do fade though with time. If they are tolerable hold on. Time and patience.

#141 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

I'm hoping the celexa is finally kicking in more. I seem to less obsessed with the Klonopin. Going to try to stop worrying about it until I see doc on the 7th and see what her plan is.

#142 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:26 PM

Oh my! And now I have OCD plus the rest! They rather occur when I get up.

#143 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:24 PM

Hi everyone! I went to the doc on Thursday. She started my slow taper off Klonopin. I started the first reduction on Friday. Doc is having my cut my daytime dose (.25) in half and will stay at the .125 for 3 weeks. After the 3 weeks I will cut the nighttime dose (.25) in half and do that for 3 weeks. After that I have another appt with her to decide the next step. So far, so good. I haven't noticed any withdrawal. I know it's only been 3 days, but I was terrified. I hope I continue to feel this good. I think my 10mg of celexa is really helping as well.

#144 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:41 AM

Oh Cheryl,

"I hope to continue to feel this good", music to my ears. Bravo Cheryl!

I am smiling back at you,I feel your relief. Thanks for updating!

#145 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

I have been thinking about you and wondering how you are doing.  So happy that things are going well!

#146 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:26 AM

Hi everyone! I'm down to .125 mg of Klonopin during the day and .125 at night. So far, so good, no withdrawal. I had to increase my celexa to 12.5mg, I hate cutting those tiny pills, but I feel really good right now. I see my doc next Monday to talk about the next step but I feel hopeful! Thank you again to all of you!

#147 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:28 AM

At least I think cymbalta and it's torturous withdrawal is behind me! Hopefully in the future if/when I decide to stop the celexa it won't be as hellish!

#148 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 July 2018 - 11:41 AM

Good for you Cheryl, thanks for updating. Things are looking good on your side.

What a nightmare, right? We think that we'll never get out of it. You did it Cheryl! Bravo!

#149 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 July 2018 - 12:08 PM

The Celexa, especially at that dose should be a lot less traumatic than the Cymbalta. Once you get off the Klonopin I would wait a couple months before working on the Celexa though. Give your body a chance to recover. You did a great job. Hang in there.

#150 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 10:12 PM

Hi everyone! I'm down to .125 Klonopin just at night. I had to go to 15mg of celexa, but an feeling pretty stable! I hope to drop the final dose of Klonopin at the end of this week. Thank you again for all your support during these past few months!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users