159 replies to this topic

#151 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 22 July 2018 - 06:47 AM

Hi Cheryl,

So good to see you. And feeling stable, at last. What a relief you must feel.
I am real happy for you Cheryl.

Thank you for taking the time to update, it's the best part that I like, updates!

FH, what is the equivalent of .125 Klonopin for lorazepam? Thank you sir!
Got it, equals 1/4 of lorazepam 1 mg
  • fishinghat likes this

#152 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 12:30 PM

Yay Cheryl!!!  So happy that you are on the other side of this crap :)

Thanks for the update.

Juli

#153 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:17 PM

Thank you, Juli! I stopped the Klonopin completely a week ago and I didn't notice any withdrawal!
  • gail and juli like this

#154 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:19 PM

Thanks Gail! I appreciate everyone's support. It means so much!

#155 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 30 July 2018 - 08:38 AM

And thanks Cheryl for updating. No more benzos, so great to hear that. If I remember correctly, you were so afraid of benzo withdrawal. Cheers to you Cheryl!

#156 Cheryl123

Cheryl123

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 11:06 PM

Hi everyone!
I wanted to stop in and thank all of you who helped me through my horrible withdrawal and medication roulette. I wanted to update and say I have been doing wonderfully and feel back to myself. I am no longer in cymbalta. I switched to Celexa back at the end of March and an currently on 15mg which got me stabilized. I hope to eventually to taper off. I was also on Klonopin for about 4 months and scared to death of stopping it. I can say I no longer take Klonopin and fortunately slowly tapered off of it with no withdrawal. I can't say thank you enough to all who helped me through, especially Gail and Fishinghat and Juli!
  • invalidusername likes this

#157 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:15 AM

Hi Cheryl

I can't thank you enough for the update. We so often wonder how things turn out for members. This is truly good news and you are a tough cookie. Let us know how the Celexa withdrawal goes.

Come back anytime.

#158 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:56 AM

Cheryl,

I wasn't here when you were going thru it, but my sincere congratulations for what you have achieved. It is really good for people like myself in the throws of Cym withdrawal to see such uplifting stories. 15mg Celexa is a very low dose, and being a med with a nice long half-life it won't be nearly as bad to stop as Cym or a benzo - but as always, proceed with caution.

Remember you can get liquid version of Celexa for when you get to the lower doses if you feel you need it.

IUN

#159 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:57 AM

Hello Cheryl,

Thank you so much for updating. And a nice outcome. How I remember your fear of getting hooked on benzos!lol.

Do come by anytime, even just to say hello. Thank you for your good words. Be well!

#160 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 January 2019 - 10:23 PM

Hi Cheryl! I just want to mention that I was on Celexa about 20 years ago and it was easy coming off it compared to the Cymbalta. Good luck!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users