4 replies to this topic

#1 hatecymbalta1

hatecymbalta1

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:22 AM

I am experiencing major obsessive negative thinking on duloxetine.  I stopped using it back in December and was advised to bridge to prozac by doctor and then had horrible withdrawal that I had to go back on duloxetine in January.  Could this be the reason for this horrible side effects?  I'm feeling an anxiety in my body as well.  It's totally strange.  Will this pass?  I am going to be tapering next month after I come back from holiday.  Could I still be feeling withdrawal from the on and off of the AD?

Thank you.

M

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 March 2018 - 11:56 AM

"Could this be the reason for this horrible side effects?"

Possible. Cymbalta controls serotonin and norepinephrine but Prozac only controls serotonin. This leaves the norepinephrine to create considerable anxiety for most It also takes Prozac 6 to 8 weeks to kick in leaving the patient to suffer withdrawal in the meantime.

It should stabilize now that you are now back on Cymbalta.

"Could I still be feeling withdrawal from the on and off of the AD?"

You could but most don't. Just my opinion but it seems to me that those who taper and then reinstate have good luck stabilizing but those who cross taper to another AD and then reinstate the Cymbalta has a harder time. But it really varies. Sorry, I can't be more definitive.

#3 hatecymbalta1

hatecymbalta1

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:05 PM

Thank you Fishinghat,

I was only following the direction of my psychiatrist.  This is what he told me to do.  That's okay that you can't be more definitive.  I did increase from 20mg to 30mg in January.  I was feeling totally fine and then these past two days I am feeling horrible.  Flu symptoms and nervousness and feel like vomiting and and can't really eat much.  I don't know what is happening to me.  It's awful.  All I want to do is start to taper and come off this horrid medication.  I hope this is going to be possible soon.  I don't feel like doing anything.  I'm so tired and have no desire to anything.  I'm sitting here at work and I hope I get better.  Will I get better.

Thank you. 

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:27 PM

Cymbalta often starts out as flu like symptoms but if your dose hasn't changed than that should not be the issue. Have you taken any acid reducers lately? Any changes in other meds?

I saw earlier this morning that the CDC issued a warning about a second type of flu going around now and is reported as common in 37 states. Maybe you have a bug coming on.

#5 hatecymbalta1

hatecymbalta1

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 03:17 PM

The only other medication I take is .5 xanax once a day and I took cut it in half because I don't feel like taking the whole thing.  I don't know if I have the flu.  That could be a possibility.  Thank you.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users