#1 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:11 PM

So, that we don't take away from the topic of other posts; I thought would start this one. I felt it would be nice to have one where we could just discuss our day or how we feel. Just somewhere we can have everyday conversations. I will start in the next response.

#2 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:18 PM

This is my little kitty. He helps me through the day.

Attached Files

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:01 AM

Raven,

Great idea! It's early, I'm doing fine. My kind of "fine" is different from many.

I can hurt all over, but if no depression nor anxiety, I'm fine! Anxiety has left from the most part, but depression does happen here and there. Library day today, that's difficult as I don't read novels. I love books with God in them. I can chose five books and not read them.

Any suggestions from anyone? Thank you.

#4 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:08 AM

Gail! So, great to hear from you. How's Sid?

What types of books do you like? I can suggest some if you let me know.

My favorite writer is Erin Hunter. She writes the Warriors cat books. I love those books, but I am behind I my collection.

Today I am tired but not so bad as yesterday so far. I took a shower first thing hoping that might help.

My main drag down is I miss working. I love the stay at home Mom thing but I miss working so much.

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 April 2018 - 08:45 AM

Oh Raven!! I had so much respect for you and now I find out you are a cat lover! How sad. I will pray for you.

:D

#6 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:39 PM

Fisherman, got to know you to understand you! Do not eat the cat! Understood?

Raven, as for Sid, happy as a lark. Missed the library today. Doing good. As for books, nothing too serious, but enlightening. I'm almost finished with Psychotherapy of God. Written by Boris Cyrulnik. I doubt that it's been translated. I will look for books written by him.

And where is our Florida Woman?

Funny how I always plan for naps and barely have them, tiredness hits me like a ton of bricks.
Then all of a sudden, it passes, not completely though. After a twelve hours sleep!!!!

#7 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 April 2018 - 02:47 PM

Fisherman!!! You stay away from my baby🤣

Gail,

Have you ever read The Left Behind series? It is wonderful. I made it through the whole series.

The napping bug hit me again today. Guessing the shower didn't help🤣

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 April 2018 - 05:48 PM

Raven.  Oh don't worry. I never eat cats. They give me fur balls.  lol

#9 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 04 April 2018 - 07:01 PM

Hi all!

I miss reading as it was a daily thing to go to bed at nite w/a book.  I used to read so much but have not since the evil drug - I cannot retain what I read.  I read a paragraph and cannot remember what I have read - have to go back and read it over again....

Reading was my number 1 hobby....am going to try to get back to it...have not read since my daughter died. :( 

#10 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:29 AM

It is funny you mention that TFL. I use to read a lot for pleasure. ever since I developed severe anxiety I can't red anymore without getting angry BUT I can read the medical journals if I do it in short stints.

#11 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:31 AM

I figured it out, FH...Yay for me!!

:P 

#12 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 01:25 PM

Hi,

Today has been a bad day. My baby boy who is 10 years old is having behavioral issues. We could really use prayers.

I will, thanks. I got a call from the school today. He had an outburst in art today. He slung over a chair and table and yelled and cursed at his teacher. We have to get him some help. I talked to his doctor today and we are trying to get him set up with a psychiatrist.

Raven

#13 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 02:11 PM

I am so sorry, Raven.  All you need now is more upset.

I hope that a psych can get him straightened out - thank God he is only 10...

My prayers are with you and your family - especially for your son.

#14 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:19 PM

Raven, have you considered a psychologist instead? I would hate to see someone as young as 10 start psych meds. Just a thought.

Prayers going out for you.

#15 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:52 PM

Liz - Thank you and yes thank goodness he is only 10.

FH - He originally saw a Psychologist in 2014 to get diagnosed with ADHD. I did express my concerns to my Pediatrician. She told me that we are trying to get a diagnosis right now in order to get him help in school. She also told me that I have the right as his parent and advocate to refuse any medicine I am not comfortable with.

Since talking to my son the stories are a little different. He admits to the language and gave me details the school did not give me. Right now we are still working out the situation at home.

#16 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 03:54 PM

Fisherman!!! You stay away from my baby
Gail,
Have you ever read The Left Behind series? It is wonderful. I made it through the whole series.
The napping bug hit me again today. Guessing the shower didn't help

Thanks Raven, will look it through internet. Prayers for your child.
Fur balls FH, a good one. Hi Liz!

#17 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

I am sure you will enjoy it Gail.

#18 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 April 2018 - 05:43 PM

Raven. I am glad you have tried a psychologist first. I wish you good luck with the psychiatrist but I know you are a very intelligent woman and will be very protective of your son. Best wishes and let us know how it turns out.

God Bless

#19 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2018 - 07:38 PM

Thanks FH

#20 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 02:42 PM

Hello everyone🙂

#21 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

Hello Raven. Hope things are going well.

#22 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 04:59 PM

Hi to all,

Overdid myself yesterday, and paying for it today!

I'm sure that Raven is now full aware of meds and that her son will not take anything more without Raven looking it up!

Cymbalta taught us that, Fisherman taught us more. Check and double check and recheck. You will do right without any doubt.

Liz, don't forget that it's Friday for Max. Sid is already in his bathrobe and enjoying his evening. He insisted to wear my pink bathrobe, go figure!

#23 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2018 - 05:38 PM

For those who are curious..

Does sloth meat taste good?

Not to people living in Ann Arbor, or most other parts of the globe. Outside of a handful of indigenous South American tribes, there isn't much of a tradition of eating sloth meat. Researchers who work in Amazonia and have sampled the dish report that it's slimy, chewy and gamey, and most feel that one serving is enough for a lifetime. Still, as with any food, personal reactions differ. Daniel Everett, a linguist who has spent more than seven years living with the Pirahã people of Brazil, agrees that unseasoned sloth is tough and slightly gamey, but he finds the meat palatable and vaguely reminiscent of pork.

You’re not likely to ever try sloth. It’s illegal to hunt the animal in Brazil, where many of them live. Although tribal groups can get away with violating the law, few have shown much interest. Eating sloth meat is taboo for a large number of the tribes living in the sloth’s habitat. The average tribesman in the animal’s range eats just 0.064 sloths annually.

#24 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 06:01 PM

Yes, Gail...I will most definitely research anything before putting my son on it. The only time I trust a med is from his Pediatrician. I refuse to let my Corwin get caught up in the psych med nightmare.

Today he was fine. He was even fine last night at home. I have never witnessed one of these outburst the school mentions. This leads me to believe that he suffers from a severe social interaction anxiety disorder. These are commonly paired with conditions such as ADHD (which he has), Autism and Asperger's. We are going to get him evaluated for these.

#25 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:16 PM

Yep, I'm late today and currently watching the Cubs game!

Gail, I have scratches and bruises all over my right arm from seemingly "light yardwork" :o   I also hurt due to the fibro - silly me - I feel better and then I do too much...

Raven, it's wonderful that you have acquired so much knowledge regarding all the nasty drugs - your son has a smart mom!

FH, what the heck is up w/sloths?  Did I miss something here?  YUK  :wacko: 

Have a good evening everyone and GO CUBBIES!

#26 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2018 - 09:14 PM

Liz,

Thank You! Sometimes I wonder though. It is amazing how dumb a school liaison can make you feel. You try to be nice and not interrupt them, but some of them just don't want to let you talk. They want to try to tell you how to handle your child and that upsets me. I always get the same question: "Is Corwin on any kind of 'medication'?" Always in a suspiciously concerned manner. "Has anything changed recently?" Uggghhhh.... Well, considering I notify you each time a change is made, you should know the answer to your own question.

The lady that called yesterday was the "acting" principal. The real principal has been out for surgery. I mean no disrespect by the next statement. She felt the need of start the call off with "This is Dr. ***** , as if I were to respect her more just because of her having a Doctorate. She talked the whole time and I barely got a full sentence in. Each time I tried to speak, she kept on. I wanted to reach through the phone and put my finger up to her mouth to shush her. 😠

I know my son and how he acts at home verses in social situations. She's known him for barely 2 weeks. Don't mess with Mama Bear!

"You have a divine animal right to protect your life and the life of your offspring."
(Juliette Lewis from the movie ENOUGH)

#27 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:26 AM

Raven, could he be acting out because he is being bullied in school. That is quite common.

"I know my son and how he acts at home verses in social situations. She's known him for barely 2 weeks. Don't mess with Mama Bear!"

Oh I love that. Get them girl. I am afraid she would find me blunt and rude. Under those conditions I would not take prisoners. If you can't treat me with respect I won't treat you with respect. And you are right, that phd doesn't earn you any respect. Oh man this has me pumped up. You take them down girl. You don't need to take crap from anyone.

Liz, isn't Sid a sloth?

#28 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:43 AM

Good morning!

Guess I never thought about it, but I think Sid is a sloth, FH :P 

Going to church this afternoon and it is so HOT down here - A/C in church is FREEZING...always have to take a sweater or shawl

Have a good day, all! :D 

#29 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2018 - 08:55 AM

Talk about weather. We had 1" pf snow last night and a low of 18F. Tonight another 1/2" of snow and a low of 20F.  Wednesday...72F.   What a rollercoaster.

#30 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:07 AM

WOW!!!

:o 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users