#31 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 07 April 2018 - 12:45 PM

Thanks FH. We have an IEP meeting next week. We have been trying to get him an IEP. He could be acting out because of the bullying. He reacts badly to other children and how they treat him. My heart cries out for him.

Speaking of weather. Try Alabama weather. Been bouncing between 70 to 80 degrees then rain then freeze warnings.😂

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2018 - 03:34 PM

Here, getting an IEP is a small act of God. Basically a psychologist and psychiatrist would have to state that even with medication he would need a special educational environment. I hope it is easier there.

#33 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 April 2018 - 09:10 PM

It is not much easier here. They have had a Psychomatrist evaluate him. We will see.

#34 whosthat

whosthat

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:23 AM

not that great. getting hot flashes and having continual suicidal thoughts and stomach pains. still not sure if it's my fibro or my withdrawal. the insomnia and sudden waking with explosive heart rate might be  the worst part. odd thing is that i am having less panic attacks and less of the restricted breathing, but it transformed into waking up in a jolt of sorts, heart racing. probably going from doing nothing the past 3ish years to taking on 2 part time jobs and summer courses at uni which start soon and the resulting stress is not helping me. but what alternative do i have. i will literally spend the rest of my life rotting away in my room, alone

#35 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 07:51 AM

Hi Whosthat,

No a good phase for you, a tough one. My heart goes to you.

There are other meds beside antidepressants that might ease your way out of this. I know that you are sensitive to many meds, and that life has been hard on you since your pre adolescent years.

You cannot give up without trying new meds, they can't be worse than what you are living now.

I pray that you have guidance to lead you to the right one. With love, Gail xx

#36 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 08:30 AM

Yeah not feeling it today either, nothing tastes good and my stomach is killing me. Starting a new month wondering what this month will bring? Still feeling out of sorts...

#37 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:09 AM

Farfaraway,

The phase you are in right is one of the hardest. I ended up in the ER twice due to harmful thoughts. You should really try something to help you. Fishinghat can suggest some things. Buspar is one thst has non addictive tendencies. You also take fish oil with Omega 3.

As for the waking up, you are probably having lucid dreams. Even if you don't remember them, they are still a possibility.

I will keep you in my prayers. You always have us to talk to.

Raven

#38 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 09:23 AM

Thanks Raven, yeah it’s sucking but I get to fly home today so that is a good thing! I’m gonna ride this out no more drugs for me ...

#39 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:25 AM

Ravens suggestions are good ones. You may also talk to your dr about hydroxyzine and/or clonidine as bith can be benefical. Neither re addictive and do not have withdrawal.

#40 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:52 AM

What's IEP?

#41 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 09 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

I'm with Gail here....

:o 

#42 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 April 2018 - 12:52 PM

What is an IEP?

Individualized Education Program (IEP)

A federal law called the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) requires that public schools create an IEP for every child receiving special education services. Kids from age 3 through high school graduation or a maximum age of 22 (whichever comes first) may be eligible for an IEP.

The IEP is meant to address each child’s unique learning issues and include specific educational goals. It is a legally binding document. The school must provide everything it promises in the IEP.

Here’s a quick look at what an IEP must include, by law:
A statement of your child’s present level of performance (PLOP)—this is how your child is doing in school now
Your child’s annual educational goals
Special education supports and services that the school will provide to help your child reach goals
Modifications and accommodations the school will provide to help your child make progress
Accommodations your child will be allowed when taking standardized tests
How and when the school will measure your child’s progress toward annual goals
Transition planning that prepares teens for life after high school

#43 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:11 PM

Thank you Sir. We have this here.

#44 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 09 April 2018 - 01:58 PM

Thanks, FH - I had never heard of it...

#45 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 April 2018 - 02:09 PM

Hi whosthat...

I have fibro as well and see a Pain Management Dr.  Had an injection a little over 2 weeks ago at the bottom of my spine. My pain has been reduced by about 80%.

I never found that the evil drug did anything for my pain but then it was not prescribed for that.  I lost my daughter almost 9 yrs ago and was in a state of falling apart.  Dr. said - here, take this - it will help.  Well, it helped my depression but then I stayed on it for over 4 yrs. 

The cold turkey withdrawal was hard to explain to anyone...yep, terrible nightmares that seemed so real, no appetite, lethargy, crying at the drop of a hat and periods of rage (thanks to God, they didn't last very long).  I am still extremely sensitive and cry at every little thing but no more nightmares and I still don't eat a great deal.  My sense of smell is poor, my short term memory is shot and I have little energy.

I have been off the crap for over 4 yrs now but the gifts it left me are still around.  Somehow I don't feel that will ever change.

Hang in there - you will be OK but you need to remember to be kind to yourself.

Just remember we are here to support you - someone is always here :) 

#46 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 03:05 PM

Man it’s hitting hard today, feel sickly, shaky, just generally like crap. Dull headache that isn’t going anywhere and some muscle twinges. Just need to get home 5 more hours 🤢

#47 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 April 2018 - 05:04 PM

Farfaraway,

I am sorry that today is so hard for you. I also quit the drug cold turkey. Like Liz said it hard to describe to someonen who hasn't done it.

I unfortunately had the luck of going cold turkey on 2 different meds. One was Cymbalta, I was bead counting and gave up and went cold turkey. The 2nd was Paxil *shudders*, an equally evil drug in my opinion. I was beginning to act the way I did on Cymbalta and I decided to quit taking it. Those withdrawals were the worst ever. So, I can understand what you are going through.

I applaud you for not wanting anymore prescription drugs. I finally reached that point and decided to fight it out. Do not be afraid of over the counter medications though. The fish oil is beneficial for anxiety and other things.

Hang in there and you will slowly get better. Baby steps my sweet friend.

Blessed Be,
Raven

#48 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 April 2018 - 10:05 PM

Thanks Raven!

#49 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:35 AM

Anytime☺ Please let me know how you are doing.

#50 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:21 PM

How am I doing?

ANGRY!!

I just went to see my new psychiatrist. This is my second visit with her and I really like her. BUT at the end of the visit she said she is moving on to another job!!! My next psychiatrist will be my 9th one in 15 years. Good Greif. I hate training a new dr. Urggg.

#51 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:42 PM

*hugs FH* Awwww...uggghh teaching new docs is the worst. Sending positive thoughts your way.

#52 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2018 - 01:46 PM

Dear FH....

You have the worst luck w/psch drs - unbelievable how many you have had to train  :angry: 

I am so sorry...

Prayers for you

#53 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

Again Sir? Enough to feel angry.

#54 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2018 - 04:22 PM

Thanks for thee kind words ladies. I am getting too old for this. I wonder how long the new one will last.

#55 whosthat

whosthat

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:52 PM

thanks tryinginfl

is it common for the withdrawal to be not linear but sporadic in effect? not like you slowly get better, but that you may feel better one day and horrible again the next? assuming so 

#56 whosthat

whosthat

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2018 - 09:54 PM

How am I doing?

ANGRY!!

I just went to see my new psychiatrist. This is my second visit with her and I really like her. BUT at the end of the visit she said she is moving on to another job!!! My next psychiatrist will be my 9th one in 15 years. Good Greif. I hate training a new dr. Urggg.

in this year i had a psychiatrist i saw 2 sessions who then left the state. i was transferred to another who i saw once and then she went to a new clinic. i then had an appointment scheduled with a new one which was cancelled and rescheduled on their end 3 times. i found a new facility

#57 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 April 2018 - 11:05 PM

Whosthat,

I can answer for you. It is common for the withdrawals to be sporadic. I still suffer sporadic symptoms after 2 years. Nothing compared to when it began.

#58 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 April 2018 - 08:20 AM

whosthat,

Agreeing w/Raven here..

Yep, things come and go at their own pace.  So sad but true.   After over 4 yrs off, I still have problems with the memory thing and it seems that will never improve.  My crying doesn't bother me - at least I know that I am compassionate!

I wish you the best and just know that you will get better... :)

Just a shame that you and FH have such trouble with those psychs - unbelievable!

#59 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:27 PM

How am I doing? Depressive phase, tears falling for no reason.

Existential thoughts. How the thinking is profound in those phases! That amazes me, like I was real smart! If we have many lives behind, which I doubt,I was a philosopher for sure.

And now, I wait. Time and patience, yes Sir!

#60 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 April 2018 - 01:39 PM

Sorry for that Gail. This is the time to spoil yourself a little bit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users