#91 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:07 AM

Just know we love you and are here for you.

#92 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:13 AM

As for me...Not doing well at all. Hard to explain really. Deoression, heartache, anger, fear. I am so worried about my son. There doesn't seem to be much agreement on how to handle him. I don't know why there just isn't. He is my baby, my first born and I worry for him.

#93 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 April 2018 - 08:36 AM

Nothing worse for a parent, especially a mother, than to worry about  their children. So sorry Raven.

#94 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 April 2018 - 10:17 AM

Thanks FH. We.had a meeting with the problem teacher and the principal today. Glad the principal was there or the teacher may not have made it through the meeting Lol. #dontmesswithmamabear

#95 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 02:03 PM

Almost 6 weeks post cold turkey feeling like crap. Anxiety is kicking my butt along with shakiness and weakness and nausea. Nothing tastes good. Ugh this sucks

#96 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:02 PM

TFL (Liz) just emailed me from her phone and said to be sure and say Hi to everyone and she hopes all are doing well. Her computer is in intensive care right now and she hopes to be back with us soon.

#97 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 April 2018 - 03:04 PM

Farfaraway

Stay strong, it does get better. Another 4 weeks or so you should start getting some small breaks in the torture. With time those will become more frequent and last longer.

#98 whosthat

whosthat

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 April 2018 - 11:43 PM

thanks and hello everyone.

if i was off for 6 weeks then on for 3 days then off for 3 weeks, am i 9 weeks off or 3? idk why im so confused. the first time i quit the confusion was immediate and progressively faded as maybe the first month went by. now the confusion and disorientation has started a month in. weird

#99 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:16 AM

Hi,

I'd say 9 weeks Whosthat. More than 2 months, yeah!

They say that around this time, you would have a good day here and there. Not a lot, it can give hope though. And there is nothing linear, this can last a bit.

#100 whosthat

whosthat

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 April 2018 - 10:21 PM

i expected it to last but it seems very strange to have been off for 2 months and only then start experiencing confusion and disorientation. i hope this isn't my natural state. there is the same almost tangible pain in my head and sense of hopelessness so i'm hoping it's just the withdrawal. was prescribed 20mg prozac but haven't taken it. scared. i know it's supposed to be mild, but the last prescription i took was mirtazapine and had the most horrible of highs for 2 days. felt like i had to kill myself it was so bad. not like i wanted to. but only that the "pain" was so bad that i felt i had no other way. thought the actual symptoms are hard to describe it was like having no control, like my mind was completely gone. i was at its mercy. not that i'm not now, but here i can at least try to rationalize and console myself. it took away the "me" in my mind almost. very odd and horrible feeling. oddly it's an anti-psychotic.

thinking maybe i'll wait another 2-3 weeks to see if my head clears up and then try it

#101 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 25 April 2018 - 06:56 AM

Hello Whosthat,

Just a suggestion here, when those bad moments happen, take a peace of wood that fits in your hand that you can squeeze. Then squeeze it till you no longer can, till you're tired.
It can be something else, use your imagination.

I recently tried this, and it relented the dispair I feel at times. Oh man, what a s&*$** feeling.

Prozac is a good choice, and I hope it can give you relief. You are sensitive to meds, I understand your uneasiness about trying it. Hoping to read you again.

#102 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 09:18 AM

when i reinstated from cold turkey but was feeling like crap for 8 weeks i started neurofeedback and it really helped.  it seemed to get my brain back on track and helped with the nausea and anxiety.  might be worth a try.

#103 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 April 2018 - 10:09 AM

I am sorry things are not better for you guys. I think of you all every day and you are in my prayers.

My times are not good right now either. They are not medically related, well not for me. We are still struggling with the search for answers in Autism. We are fixing to try a last resort in medication for ADHD meds. If this one doesn't work then we are out of options in Pediatrics. After this we will be at the mercy of Psychiatry☹

#104 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 April 2018 - 12:50 PM

My prayers Raven. Being at the mercy of psychiatry is a scary place.

#105 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 29 April 2018 - 02:38 PM

Horrible night last night! Up pretty much all night felt like my colon was wrapping around itself. Major headache today. At day 51 post cold turkey and this so far has been one of the worst!

#106 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 April 2018 - 03:49 PM

Farfaraway,

Out of curiosity, any major cramps with this?

As for myself, I felt as though I was 28 in my head. Feeling like inviting people for supper just like back then. As though all my fears had left my body! A long long and very long time that I have felt this way!

Just as if I was like most people... and God knows...I so wish that I'd like to be this way again! Feeling alive...!

#107 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:17 AM

Major cramps and headache feeling nauseous as well. No I’m having these bursts of restlessness as well...

#108 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:30 PM

Hello everyone,

Waiting on a prior auth for my son's new medication. Keeping our fingers crossed. Thins are not great but at the same time not horrible.

Love to you all,
Raven

#109 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:36 AM

I thought I was further along but I counted wrong 53 days actually today, wondering if this will get better. Stomach issues like crazy, one good thing though I did stop drinking coffee. I think that will help with the anxiety...pressing on

#110 maybehere

maybehere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:59 PM

Today, I think I went through the worst of the cybalta withdrawals? Yesterday was pretty bad too...nausea is the most annoying part of it and ended up napping an hour later after waking up around noon. Even on Vyvanse. I didn't realize that these withdrawal symptoms trump most of anything else. I'm going to start taking fish oil pills and I have a feeling that the nausea will just exist until it doesn't...(taking some anti-nausea to help with that). 

I do regret going cold turkey but being on cybalta only ~8 months, I hope getting off it won't be completely awful. 

#111 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 06:30 PM

Yeah it’s a bear to come off, how long have you been off? I’m approaching 2 months. Crappy drug the nausea is the worst!

#112 maybehere

maybehere

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 08:45 PM

@farfaraway 

It's only really been a week. I honestly thought it wouldn't be too bad...but it's much worse. I actually didn't get nausea until I would think 12 hours after I stopped taking it? My pharmacist keeps on switching between the two generic brand and actually in the past, when I was on the gray and white generic version of cybalta, I went off for a week and was okay. (And I think that's why I thought this was be easier) That's also after reason I am quitting: I am starting to get inconsistent with taking my medication and this medication doesn't have a half life that can adjust to the inconsistency. I don't have any regrets taking it; it was definitely want I needed at the time, I just wish I was given a proper exit strategy when the time came. 

How long have you been on it and is the nausea still there? 

#113 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:33 AM

A great many of our members have had good success using ginger products for the nausea. I will post a summary of that info in a few minutes.

#114 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 May 2018 - 08:36 AM

Ginger

Helps with nausea and stomach issues.

24 positive remarks and 4 negative.

Tips from members...

FN - ginger tea (really strong), ginger ale (old home remedy for sure), and ... candied ginger, raw ginger.
Even it sounds disgusting, eating Ginger raw is the most effective way cured my nausea in 5-10 minutes

AH - Ginger root works very well for nausea. I have 550mg ginger root capsules, and this has helped with a lot of the nausea and stomach upset. I'd totally recommend buying the ginger root in capsule form at the health food store. Mine was $8.99 for 100 capsules, and I will take 2-3 whenever my stomach is upset. And of course we can't forget ginger tea. It is soothing, relaxing, and will also help your stomach feel better.

ta2ed - You can try ginger root... Wont make you tired.

Betty - I'd recommend trying ginger ale -- not Canada Dry but the real strong stuff, sometimes labeled Jamaican ginger ale or ginger beer. It's sold in four-packs here, in the health food or imported section of the store. I've had "irritable bowel" problems for years and have found this is real medicine, with no downside I can see! It also works for nausea.

Anna - I thought I would give just smelling ginger a try. I put 2-3 drops of ginger essential oil on a cotton ball and my nausea pretty much disappeared almost instantly.

Latte - ginger candy for nausea - I swear by it, particularly the Gin-Gin brand

Amberd - I tried ginger tea, but it only gave me indigestion on top of it all.

Travelcalm Natural

Travacalm Natural contains 100mg of dried ginger root extract that offers faster relief in conjunction with 400mg of root powder that helps sustain the soothing effect. Each tablet contains: Zingiber officinale (ginger) 500mg as root powder 400mg and dried root extract equivalent to 100mg of root powder.

EOTR - I am taking 'Travelcalm' Natural - costs $4.50 for 10 tablets and ......it works!

#115 Farfaraway

Farfaraway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 09:44 AM

@ Maybehere I’ve been off for almost 2 months, but I went off cold turkey, I would never again do this. I am in PAWS, or post accute withdrawal. Some days are better than others and some things are improving but it will be a while before I am out of woods im afraid. I just keep on fighting!

#116 whosthat

whosthat

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:16 PM

i'm near 3 months off now and my brain is progressively feeling more and more like mush. coordination/proprioception is compromised. i'm randomly bumping into walls and doors, dropping things, saying things like a burp- words just come out and there is no forethought. it's like instinctual. really weird. think my iq has dropped 20 points. head constantly in a fog. can't concentrate

#117 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 May 2018 - 06:15 AM

Hello there Whosthat,

Thanks for the update, good to see you back.

3 months is the marking point where good days are more present. Still some bad, but supposed to get better and better.

Within two months, you will know that if there's no longer progress and that you're still stuck in that place, it'll be time to consider other options. Take care love!

#118 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:25 AM

Oh crap, lost my post.

I'm doing pretty good since Tuesday noon, the depression and dispair lifted in 3seconds, I felt it. What a relief. The switch goes on and off without me doing anything, can anyone relate to this?

Before it lifted I was asking and begging from the bottom of my heart, out loud, God, do you hear me? Twice I said that. I was in despair like never. Got out of the room and felt all this crap leaving me. Relief, I was stunned!

I suffer from dystimia, GAD, borderline personality. Surely a bit hyper active, can't much stay still, up down up down,

Doing for the first time videos from myself to send to the kids, they love it. Been two years that I have not seen them, this way, they can't forget how pretty, sexy, elegant, I am!!!!!!

Promised them a chacha in bikini this afternoon, I will break that promise!!!

I still look good at 25, oh, forgot to add a few decades. No bikini

I pray for all of you that are suffering in their mind and body. I know for living it more often than not, how debelating this can be. Believe me. Nothing worse than mental suffering, with physical suffering, you have all kind of meds to break it down. The mental one, with All The meds we have, unless we want to knock ourselves down, they don't work on everyone.

Have a good or medium day, pray for each other, that is if you believe. If not, it's ok also!

#119 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 May 2018 - 01:57 PM

Nothing new to read so I'll add my piece.

Today is a day of extreme tiredness.

Tomorrow is scan results. Must be something as she called for me to go in tomorrow.
Preliminary results after less than 48 hours after the scan.

I will let you know in the days to come.

#120 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:02 PM

Hang in there Gail. You have been doing well so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users