• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31 Linda0917

Linda0917

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Fisherman, Sir, you never ceases to amaze me. Thank you for that post!

Something in it hit a nail!

I so agree!!! An absolute god send.  Thank you so much!!

#32 Linda0917

Linda0917

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:49 PM

I got my doctor to prescribe hydroxide, I'll pick it up from the pharmacy tomorrow and she gave me a prescription for zoloft and wants me to start that.  I asked her about supplements but she had no idea about them.  I was thinking of trying tranquilence total calm or something like that.  Have you heard of that? There are so many different kinds but this is the one my daughter found for me.  Said it had a lot of good reviews on amazon.  How do I find out if there are any drug interactions if my doctor doesn't know anything about them?  Do you think a pharmacist could tell me?

#33 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,474 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:12 AM

Linda, I assume you meant hydroxyzine and not hydroxide. What dose did she start you on?

Tranquilene Total Calm is a fairly good looking product but there are Three issues.
First, the vitamin B6 is 15 mg. The RDA for that is 2 mg/day. With time it will build up to toxic levels.
Second, The vitamin D is at the top of the RDA requirements BUT if your Vitamin D levels are good this will also lead to possible Vitamin D toxicity with time. Vitamin D also lowers Calcium levels.
Third, L-Tryptophan should not be taken with an AD as the combination can cause serotonin Syndrome.
Fourth, magnesium competes with calcium and may further lower calcium levels.

This is why there are over 60,000 cases of vitamin toxicity cases a year in ERs. Not only risks of over exposure but vitamin allergies as well. I have spent hours and hours trying to select a "good" supplement for individuals and found that it is almost impossible. For example the RDA for Vitamin B6 is less than 2 mg but I have found vitamins with up to 1000 mg per capsule. Ridiculous. Anymore I just recommend a vitamin profile blood test before considering things any further.
As far as the natural items like L-theanine, gaba, etc. I always suggest adding them one at a time and in the beginning in small doses to be sure there won't be an issue. That thread "and the answer to your question is..." has a lot of details on vitamin toxicity and reactions our members have had to specific items. Sorry to be such a downer on the subject.

"How do I find out if there are any drug interactions if my doctor doesn't know anything about them? Do you think a pharmacist could tell me?"

Most pharmacists would know but I have found https://www.drugs.co...teractions.htmlto be a big help as well as https://examine.com/supplements/.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users