• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Carlyn

Carlyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:01 AM

It has been about 2 weeks since going cold turkey off this stuff. Yesterday, I was sure I had recovered. The world looked great and all seemed right with me. But, today is another day. I am worse than ever. I have wonderful episodes of empending doom, sadness and I am a nervous wreck. All I can say is I am so glad I haven't had the brain zaps. Please, don't let them start. I feel so bad for those of you who experience them. I have found Benadryl to be helpful but at the moment, when I go to sleep I have this feeling that I can't wake up and so I spend most of my sleep dreaming I can't open my eyes. So, if I take Benadryl I get very sleepy and very afraid to fall asleep. Hope this will pass. Have any of you had difficult relapses after feeling like you had come through the withdrawal?

#2 carmenc1975

carmenc1975

Busy Bee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 07:53 AM

Hi there, sorry to hear of your problem but I don't think after only two weeks your done with this......I have been a month and half and still have some of the emotional things associated.....Sometimes I feel like I have ongoing PMS........although it is getting better day by day. Two weeks is about the time I stopped having as many head things like dizziness, brain buzz, etc etc.....It did not just end and some days were beter than others.

#3 Carlyn

Carlyn

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 03:01 PM

Thanks for your thoughts. I know that if I ever feel normal? again I will be more careful about jumping into taking meds for my problems. A little more research on my part would probably be wise.

#4 phineasgage

phineasgage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 04:20 PM

I also started taking this poison without enough research. I"ve tried other SSRI's and gone off them without any of the horror of :twisted: Cymbalta :twisted: . Next time my doc suggests something new, I'll definately do my homework... lesson learned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users