6 replies to this topic

#1 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, never felt good.
    Needed understanding and support, and a place where I was not alone. To read others stories and realizing that I was not the only one going through all that crap.
    In hope that one day, I can return the favors in some kind of way.

Posted 02 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hello to all members of not.

I'll be leaving Earth for my real home by the end of the year. I've been here for about 5 years helping and welcoming all of you the way I could.

This is, this was such an opportunity for me. I learned English, expressions, but mostly compassion for those who suffer from withdrawal or mental disease which is my case and no it doesn't show looking at me.(Lol)

I have had the chance to know where it all came from. Non affection from both parents. The best schools, the best clothing, the best food but no affection. They could not give me what I so yearned for, attention and affection.

This still follows me today, 30 years of Psychotherapy in my bag. It is what it is. They can't take away what's has grown into you and with you, it would be like removing a leg. So I learned how, or did I? How to live with it.

Anxiety, depression, fear of reject, fear of being blamed, fear of living. This came crashing big time in my early fifties. I wonder how I made it till today. Now 65, I still feel like a kid and dress like in the 1970. Minus the mini skirt. Kind of cute and old age.

When I came to the forum, i was such in a bad way. Four months on 30mg and another month on 15 and off. Cymbalta had driven me crazy, much worse than before starting. I needed to get off that fast.

During that period, many people helped me. And I personally thank FiveNotions, Thismoment, Fishinghat aka Sir, Einstein, and Liz from Florida. They listened and welcomed me. They were great. Thank God I had them. I felt at home and never departed since.

For those who'll be following me, I hope you do, even when you can't answer just a warm welcome will do. While someone else comes to the rescue!

How often that I don't know the answer, and we don't want to leave Fishinghat do all the work, he gets lost easily (lol). While I still can, I will be here, even if my Friend Einstein and I don't share the same view.

That's Cymbalta in the news for today! I love you all and feel so much for you!
Gail xxxxx

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,067 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

I can proudly say Gail has fought the good fight. And while I do get lost easy (lol) I will never loose site of my love for a good friend and hero to many, Gail. I am glad to say she is a devote Christian and will finally know peace and joy. God be with you Gail and my prayers.

:hug:

#3 juli

juli

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 78 posts

Posted 02 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Gail I am sure that you have been a gift to so many hurting people. God bless you.  Juli

#4 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 June 2018 - 08:41 PM

Gail, I think you were the first one to welcome me to these forums, don't let the hat take all the credit!  :P

You have helped me countless times and you still do when I read your answers! 

You are a godsend!  :wub:

#5 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,541 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, never felt good.
    Needed understanding and support, and a place where I was not alone. To read others stories and realizing that I was not the only one going through all that crap.
    In hope that one day, I can return the favors in some kind of way.

Posted 04 June 2018 - 06:23 AM

Thanks for all your kind words, there should be a box near the"I like this", with the mention "Thank you". Seems more appropriate for the situation.

Ken, do you copy? ( Lol)

#6 gardenlady

gardenlady

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationWest Tennessee

Posted 04 June 2018 - 03:04 PM

Gail, I am saddened by your news...I had no idea you were so ill.  But, my heart is thankful that you're headed to your permanent home, Whose Builder and Maker is God.  

You have been such an encouragement and help to me and I cannot thank you enough.  Please know how grateful I am to you for all that you have done for me and so many others.  Blessings to you, dear Gail.  

#7 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 09 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

Gail, 

My heart breaks - you are such a strong woman. You are a real inspiration to us all with your kindness, care and compassion. You have such great insights and suggestions - and have aided many of us by just being here for all of us. You are the angel that watches over and supports us. You are one of a kind, a true miracle. 

This world is truly a better place because of you.

Much love,

Brz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users