94 replies to this topic

#91 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 5,754 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted Yesterday, 03:24 AM

Update

The two years have passed, and I'm still here. Barely any symptoms, losing my hair like crazy, losing weight, I look anorexic. The cancer is responsible for hair loss, so the pharmacist told me today.

If I make it to summer, people will see a squeleton walk by, thinking that it's Halloween.lol

I no longer care about the hair and the body. I have company many times a month, like the nurse, the social worker, the dietician, physiotherapist starting Tuesday. I'm happy that they come to my home.

Like the hair due to cancer, the same with tears mostly due to the cancer. I don't feel sick, but I find hard stuck in the apartment. With all the snow, the cold, going outside will have to wait.

I had a two month episode of ballooned legs, could hardly walk. All back to normal. The day it cleared, I looked at my legs, my God, they are so small. it cleAred when I started eating lots of protein. I fell in love with eggs that I rarely ate and yogurt. Far from perfect, but it'll do.

I don't feel that I'm dying at all( for the moment). Lots of time to reflect, think of my life. God and Jesus are always in the portrait. I get very scared at time,

That's Cymbalta in the news!

#92 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,314 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted Yesterday, 09:15 AM

What a story you have had to share. Keep up the positive approach to life and like I told you, I will see you at your 100th birthday party!!

#93 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,144 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted Yesterday, 03:18 PM

Thanks for the update Gail.

This is an inspiration to us all. A lot of information of what has come and gone over the last 2 years, and I am so grateful to have been with you for almost all of them. I can't believe it has been that long already. 

You know... when I was reading your stories of the Summerland, I was saying to myself "there is just one reason why she is still needed here". Those posts will be there forever for many many more members to see, and all those that find it will feel the same way. They will be lifted by your words and inspired by your courage. With every day you leave more of that here with us - and there are no words that can even begin to say how this makes me feel.

Much lovage from your Scrat.

#94 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 5,754 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted Yesterday, 05:44 PM

Out of likes Scrat! Lovage

#95 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 611 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:17 PM

Dear Gail! 

What a journey for you!! BRAVERY! COURAGE! NEVER GIVING UP! KINDNESS! WARMTH! ALWAYS HUMOUR! COMPASSION! 

You light up this forum with your beautiful soul!! 

All of us are very very blessed to have you as one of us!! 

I can't say how much you inspire me!! Too much for words! 

You really are my HERO! 

I feel I learn so much from you and you give me so much strength! 

YOU TRULY ARE SOMETHING SPECIAL! 

God loves you dearly and SO MUCH JOY IS COMING!!! 

GOD BLESS AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users