#2191 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:15 AM

Well, Lovey. Quite an ordeal. Just keep plugging along slow but sure and with time these problems will be dealt with. It is just a matter of time. Keep up the good fight. Hugs and prayers.

• LDN likes this

#2192 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join for I have been on Cymbalta for 4 months and am weaning off of it now.

Posted 25 August 2020 - 09:33 AM

Hi Everyone,  I have not posted on here since 2016 and prior 2009 was put on Cymbalta.  I weaned myself off this evil drug...(check other posts) and to this day I still have symptoms.  The zapping shows it's ugly face at night and actually sometimes during the day. My ears always feel like they are full of fluid. I hope others have had complete recovery from this poison and truthfully, I cannot believe they still manufacture this crap!  Has there ever been a class action lawsuit?  I have read over posts and I have had every side effect listed!  11 years later and I still have them, but not daily anymore.  I believe the effects of this drug will be with me for the rest of my life!  Hope to hear from some of you and pray we all recover someday!

#2193 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 August 2020 - 11:15 AM

Hi WHID.

Glad to hear from you again and so sorry to hear of your continuing problems. Most seem to recover fully within 2 years of their last dose but a few have symptoms (mostly ringing in the ears) up to 5 years post Cymbalta. Yours is the first case of continuing zaps I have heard off though. Be of good cheer though you are only at 4 years off the C so there may still be some improvement. You might also consider having your dr check your Omega 3 blood levels and see if they are low. Sometimes this can cause zaps. Or if you want to try some Omega 3 be sure it is between 2000 and 3000 mg per day and high in DHA and EPA. Also be sure to get one certified mercury free. 

The feeling of fluid in the ears is very unusual. Don't know what to make of that.

There have been about a half dozen class action lawsuits against Eli Lilley and most have won there case. Unluckily the FDA will not pull the medicine from the market. Most settlements have run from $400 to $1400 per person. I certainly would have paid more than that just to avoid the withdrawal.  lol  That wouldn't even cover my original cost of the medicine.   :(

#2194 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 August 2020 - 07:18 PM

Hi there... always nice to see users return regardless of the circumstances...

Much as Hat said, that length of time for the zaps is a new one on me, and I really feel for you. I am almost 2 years off the Cymbalta and I still suffer from involuntary muscle twitches and when severely stressed, I still get the occasional seizure; neither of which I had before I went near the "poison".

I too worry that this will continue with me, but if that is the case, acceptance is the only way forward. As difficult as it is, if this is our lot in life, then we need to make of it what we can. Deal with what is in our control, and do our best to accept that which is not.

Again, my thoughts go with you for what you are going through...

IUN

#2195 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 11:32 PM

Hi Lovey. So sorry to hear of these issues with your teeth. I totally relate to antibiotics making you feel terrible. I am totally the same! It really affects my mood! Also the Novocaine definitely takes time to recover from!

That sounds great about finding a ladies group at your Church, my Mum does that and she loves it! 

That is exciting about the neurologist you are starting to see. I really pray that goes well and can help you! 

And the Hives wow! You really have been through so much recently! I am so sorry! Please be kind to yourself and be self compassionate! 

Massive well done for getting through all this! You are showing such bravery and courage!! 

Lots of love! 

God Bless!

#2196 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 28 August 2020 - 10:23 PM

Hopefully hat will see this. I refuse to take benedryl. I have nasty case if hives since August 10. Food intolerance generated. They are awful. The look mimics fungal in many ways but the anti fungal treatment route was ineffective. Open to suggestions. Considering Zyrtec. Is it different enough from benedryl? Benedryl causes severe dissociation and depersonalization. I just won't do that to myself. I have tried aloe vera plant, baking soda baths, calamine lotion. All with very minimal but some relief. The heat is not helping. Been in theh 90s the past few days and weeks. Main area of problem is armpits and under breast region. Sooooo itchy and painful. Doing my best to scratch as gently as possible and always thru fabric as not to cut the skin open with my nails scratching.

Hello to the new, old person popped on this feed. You are most welcome here. Slugging along here...moving ahead each and every day.

#2197 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2020 - 06:20 AM

Interesting. It really doesn't sound like hives as they are most common on the back and occur in "lines" along where nerves run. 

Zyrtec is an H1 antagonist same as Benadryl ( the one that contains diphenhydramine), Your side effects should be similar.

Several who developed itching during Cymbalta withdrawal had luck using baby diaper cream. You might give it a try.

#2198 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 29 August 2020 - 10:04 AM

Hat thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

What is an H1 antagonist? Good to learn!

I will maybe try diaper cream...thx!

A steroid might be in order. I do believe it is a reaction to corn and or maltodextrin. I had a big bag of potato chips which contained that ingredient.

#2199 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:58 AM

There are 4 types of histamine receptors. Each are related to an immune response such as allergies, colds, etc, also help to control some neurotransmitters in the brain and gut. Things that activate the receptors are called agonists and things that interfere with the receptor are called antagonists. 

Yoou are right, that could have been related to the maltodextrin. Have you had that problem before when eating chips?

#2200 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2020 - 12:00 PM

Side Effects Of Maltodextrin

Some of the noted side effects of the use of the food addictive include,

• Unexplained increase in weight, due to increase calories content
  • Bloating and flatulence
  • Allergic reactions characterized by itching, rash, allergic rhinitis or asthma.
  • Hypoglycemia, caused due to rebound, is also been reported among body builders.

#2201 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 August 2020 - 01:30 PM

Ok yes with that information you wrote about the maltodextrin I definitely believe it is that which is causing this rash to happen. I have had a similar problem in the past. I am usually very cautious about eating but had a moment of weakness celebrating my birthday. Oh well live and learn. Thank you so much for the insight on each one receptors It's all so fascinating.

Since you did so well with that question I have another fun one for you.;) I seem to have a difficult problem digesting cannelini or refried beans. I can have maybe half a cup once a week but beyond that I will have diarrhea. Why do you think that might be? Green beans cause an arthritic flare if eaten more than the amount listed above.

#2202 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2020 - 03:47 PM

Many beans have high amounts of purine, which are then metabolized into uric acid when eaten. This may worsening the inflammation. In general green beans are often recommended in diets for arthritic people but some have difficulties digesting purines which are common in many beans. people sensitive to purines in beans usually have similar reactions to large meals of red meat and/or seafood.

Saponins, also found in beans, can have an irritating effect on mucous membranes of the respiratory and digestive tract, potentially causing sneezing, bloating, gastroenteritis, nausea, diarrhea, and vomiting. If this is causing diarrhea you definitely want to stay away from Quinoa (a high fiber food). It is very high in saponins 

Remember, these are educated guesses. I have a strong science background but am not a doctor.

#2203 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:39 PM

So interesting!! Yes beans are really something I can only eat in very small moderation. MAYBE half a cup per week. I had a discharge of mucous in the loop this morning. Maybe more information then anyone here wants to know but it is confirmation and consistent with the information you just later out. Also noticed an increase in bloating and mild irritation of my respiratory system. And yes I really can only have red meat in small moderation too. Causes inflammation, pain, discomfort, and general malsise. So it's purines and uric acid. Good to know. I do not ordinarily eat a lot of seafood either but I think this reasoning will hold true. In general, I do serving of meat OR fish per week. I seem to do best with a highly vegetable and fruit based diet. Low to no grain. Never any gluten or corn. The only grain I am certain I am ok with again in very small amounts is rice.

Does chicken and or pork do the same thing?

#2204 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:58 PM

"Many beans have high amounts of purine"

Read that line a little too quickly!!

Lovey - I am no stranger to the hives and the heat exacerbates it awfully for me. The only thing that works for me is cortisol cream. Nothing else touches it. I get it on my palms, soles of my feet and my forehead and it itches like crazy. You have my sympathy.

#2205 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 August 2020 - 06:23 PM

Iun so funny. It took me a minute to catch what you thought it said HAHA!!!

YES the heat makes it a hundred times worse. Unreal. I will try cortisone cream since I already hAve that on hand. Baby powder helps a little... Absorbs the moisture and soothes it a bit.

Still may end of buying diaper rash cream. My collection of tubes and tubs of creams, gels and other preparations is becoming quite impressive. Perhaps I can open my own apothecary soon! 😂😂😂

#2206 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:49 PM

Hat you have as much or more practical knowledge in medical business as any Doctor I know. Seriously. You are a tremendous blessing to us on the forum.

LDN heyyyy just letting you know I'm thinking bout u as well here.

I'm trying triamincolone spelled wrong)) tonight on the rash since I do not believe it is fungal as the doctor and I originally suspected it might be. This is a topical steroid that I have had pretty good results with. Fingers crossed. I had some in my apothecary selection. We'll see. Cortisone never did much for me. Funny how we're all just a bit different chemically etc...

I have been making new art and it helps me feel like my old self. My real self. Under all the health issues. It's wonderful. I enjoy drawing my plants a lot. I reported two tonight and enjoyed it very much. Trying to get my home looking and feeling clearer and more minimal. There will be lots to part with. Hopefully it won't be too painful... I just have an excessive amount of items or I'm not really using 15 scarves.... Need to sort a better system for my front closet too.. I use it for coats, hats, gloves, bags, shoes...etc and also shipping supplies and some of my tools. Honestly it's just a hot mess. Needs shelves I think and maybe do away with the hanging closet rod altogether. I can keep a few coats on hooks. That will free up space.

I'll be up another 30 minutes if anyone wants to say hiiiii!
  • LDN likes this

#2207 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 01:09 AM

Hey Lovey!! Sending you love and praying my friend!!! 

God Bless!!!

#2208 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 02:02 AM

Thank you LDN:)

I am briefly awake with mad itching. It's 2 am here. Took hydroxyzine and checked the rash for changes. It looks like it is improving a bit. Applied more steroid cream and hoping for the best. Are you still in the countryside?
  • LDN likes this

#2209 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:06 AM

Lovey

Pork is almost as bad as beef but chicken is fine.

I am getting old. "Many beans have high amounts of purine"  I don't get it. lol

And thank you very much for the compliment Lovey. We are all in this world together so we have to do what we can to make it better. 

#2210 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:14 AM

Hat I think the misread was the word urine instead of purine;) iun you can confirm? Lol

The steroid topical seems to be helping. The rash has faded a bit overnight after 20+ days. Praise God. Still extremely itchy. Going to rest today and drink a lot of fluids. Managing itch with hydroxyzine and the steroid cream, meditation and prayer. And distraction let's not forget.

So grateful for so many lovely sunny summer days and blue skies we've had here.

#2211 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 August 2020 - 08:19 AM

Ahh, thank you Lovey. I should of thought of that.

#2212 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 09:25 AM

It took me a lot longer than I would have liked, too🙃

Up to anything fun today?

#2213 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:34 AM

At my age fun is doing anything that is not painful.  lol  Which, luckily, includes breathing.    :)

#2214 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:50 AM

That's a wonderful outlook! And praise that you can breathe painlessly!

#2215 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 August 2020 - 01:44 PM

Yes, you had it right Lovey!!

Glad the cream helped, but just make sure you using it sparingly as it is very strong on the skin.

Just a quick visit as I am mid-burnout. Feel awful, but I have been here before and will get through it, but no fun whilst in the middle of it. Confined to bed and the toilet. Your head goes mental.

#2216 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 August 2020 - 04:15 PM

Friends, I got out today and talked to many people at our Farmers market. Had a lot of fun and did very well. I'm very tired now and it's ok. Baby stepping forwards!!

#2217 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 August 2020 - 05:14 PM

Awesome! I am so happy and proud of your H :)

That is your way forward. Keep this image in your head for next time. It will soon learn what your normal should be and carry on with similar scenes in the future!!

Great job my dear.

#2218 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 12:46 AM

Hey Lovey yes I am still in the countryside! 

Wow well done for getting out today!! Bravo! Brilliant! So proud! I love Farmers Markets! 

Baby steps as you say but keep that image in your mind! It shows what you are capable of!! 

Much love! God Bless!

#2219 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:59 PM

LDN tell me what your view is like. What do you see?

The rash is finally fading the steroid cream is definitely working. Praise be to God. 22 days of miserable itching and pain!!! Man I'm a tough person.

Have a good day everybody.

#2220 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 August 2020 - 04:44 PM

Yay - Glad the cream is working. Still keep my stash at hand especially for the summer months.

LDN sees cows!!! But prior to that were sheep!!! :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users