#2221 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 01 September 2020 - 10:58 PM

The rash is 90 percent gone thank God.
I had to reschedule for the functional neurologist due to finances.Was due to see him Monday... I have funds now and must wait another week. I left his office in tears, it was horrible. I hope they have a cancellation. It's very sobering too when your own mother or sister do not step in to help when they have a huge abundance of money...they are both very wealthy, financially anyway. I am seeking assistance from local agencies to help. Ultimately, God is the provider. Working through others. Love to all. Hoping whomever reads this might care to say hello and check in. Good night.

#2222 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:38 AM

Hello, unfortunately life is one challenge after another. The good news is that it gives us something to complain about.  lol

#2223 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:56 AM

Lovey... again, a bit too late for me to get back to you at 5am here in the UK, but I can well understand the frustration with finances. But much is the issues with mental health, it cannot be seen, so people don't feel it is due the charity that is needed. Really sucks.

Indeed as Hat says, it gives us something to complain about! I certainly have that today as I have the inevitable depression that follows 4 days of burnout - 3 of which have been spent the whole day in bed. I know it won't last, but so difficult to see your way out when you are in the thick of it.

#2224 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:51 PM

Iun sorry you're in a slump. Yes it will definitely pass. Hang in there!! You can do it. Baby steps once you're rested. I like watching comedy shows to give me a boost. Seinfeld is a favorite.

LDN thinking of you. :)

Hat, it's true life is definitely a series of challenges. It's a pretty big disappointment for me to see my family not stepping in to help me. I think of talking about these issues here as support seeking and not so much complaining. I think you meant to be lighthearted about it so I am not upset. It's a balance each of us has to find, sharing and support seeking versus complaining. I bear a heavy burden and part of my therapy homework has been to seek support and stop trying to do it all alone. I appreciate our community here and think it was kinda funny the way you put it. We absolutely MUST have a sense of humor or we are done for! ❤️

#2225 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 September 2020 - 03:37 PM

Definitely joking.  Wait until you get to my age. Complaining is a sport when you are old.  lol

#2226 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 September 2020 - 06:01 PM

"Complaining is a sport when you are old"

That is definiately something to look forward to :)

Lovey - Seinfeld is also a good one for me to cheer me up. You gotta love the K man!

#2227 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:34 PM

The whole cast is so funny. I appreciate Elaine's character so much more this time around for some reason. She is really really funny!

#2228 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:35 AM

You know I have to say I have watched Seinfeld several times and just see no humor in it. It just seemed stupid to me. I know it was an extremely popular show but it just didn't find my funny bone.

#2229 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:03 AM

Interesting! What shows do you think are funny? Did you like the office? It was a tiny bit painful getting thru season one but after that I was hooked! Parks and rec is another good one. Arrested Development and Dead to Me are great too.

#2230 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:38 AM

Doesn't always work the same with all. I don't watch a lot of TV myself. But Seinfeld was a good one for me.

Having a really tough one today - worse than yesterday. I could have so easily have stayed in bed, but I have been out for 3 hours, working, going to post office, checking in on parents etc. Determined not to let this depression get the better of me. Over 10 months in recovery and damn proud of it. 

Prayers would be appreciated please my friends.

#2231 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 01:58 PM

I don't know what happened to my post I just wrote a lengthy response but the gist of it is that I'm praying for you and I'm really proud of how well you're doing. I am forcing myself a bit too and sometimes that's necessary It's okay we'll be fine. Try to do something you enjoy as well! I am praying for you fervently.

#2232 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 September 2020 - 02:46 PM

IUN - Prayers as always my friend. 

Lovey. I am not too much into comedies as when I start laughing my anxiety just goes through the ceiling. Before my anxiety set in I did enjoy a good comedy but I liked funny movies better than sit coms. 

#2233 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:22 PM

Hat I just watched a movie with Will Farrell and Rachel mccadms called Eurovision. Check it out it was really funny and light. Still not sure of your taste yet but it's really funny. I am going to watch Tommy boy again that is so freaking funny lol I have it on VHS haha

#2234 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:14 PM

Thank you both very much. Made it through to the til end of the day where the depression always lifts. I really value your prayers. Love to you both.

Hat - anxious when laughing? That is a really new one on me... How did that come about?

Lovey - For some reason I cannot stand Will Farrell. Just something about him that really annoys me. I just don't like the way he acts - but I can see how others would find him funny. But again, I rarely watch TV short of WRC Rally and car-based stuff :)

#2235 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:14 PM

I agree with IUN on will Ferrell, not my cup of tea. Laughing just gets me really excited and amped up. Many people who suffer from severe anxiety have that reaction. Like any anxiety situation, stay away from strong stimuli, even good ones. Nothing sad, nothing scarey, nothing funny. But even before my anxiety started up I didn't like horror shows and didn't find most comedies funny anyway. Just the way I am I guess.

#2236 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:53 PM

Can't stand horror of any kind. Never see how people can find such things entertaining. Nor sad movies. Just can't see it. But as Hat said - just the way I am!

#2237 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 06:29 PM

Who needs horror shows when you have lived actual horror???? Forget that!! No thanks!!! People just want to be pretend scared not really scared It's so stupid It really makes me roll my eyes.

#2238 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 September 2020 - 09:50 PM

Good night good people of this site. You are all wonderful.
  • LDN likes this

#2239 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:53 PM

Praying for you Lovey! Much love and light!!! 

#2240 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:50 AM

Hi LDN

Hope all is well with you.

#2241 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 September 2020 - 04:54 PM

Who needs horror shows when you have lived actual horror???? 

Absolutely. You want a real scary flick - forget your Steven King - how about "The life and times of a Cymbalta Withdrawal sufferer".

There's your horror movie.

#2242 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:14 AM

Hi fishinghat! Just seen your message! I am doing ok, thank you so much for asking! I have overdone things a bit the last few weeks, getting a bit ahead of myself! So need to just wind things down a bit! 

I hope all is well with you and your wife! 

Love and God Bless!

#2243 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:46 PM

Hi friends, I hope you're all doing well. I am plugging along. Moderate panic attack & sensory overload at dentist this a.m. The TV in the waiting room was really loud and they had some obnoxious cartoon movie on that I couldn't ignore and it just sent me in a bad direction then the treatmentroom was so tiny it was really bad!!! I was so awfully uncomfortable and it was The second half of my root canal. They can only do the first half because the tooth was so badly infected and had to wait for it to heal for a couple of weeks. So I was in the chair an hour and a half oh my gosh awful awful awful awful.there was no not much pain really but just extreme discomfort being in a compromised position having people with their hands in your mouth and all the tools hanging out in the drilling and poking and suction and the cold and I have two other teeth that are super sensitive that need root canals so again here I am complaining hahaha oh life 🙃

This was on the heels of my appointment with my functional neurologist just yesterday and so I did not sleep well trying to process all the information which was covered and I was tested for oh dear I think I need to go to bed so good night.

#2244 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 11:13 PM

Wow Lovey! What an exposure! I was getting anxious just reading that!! Bravo for making it through that!! What an achievement!! I am so proud of you!

I will be praying my friend!! 

Lots of love! 

God Bless!!

#2245 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:39 AM

Than you LDN! I super appreciate your support and caring and love. ❤️❤️ Praying for you as well!
  • LDN likes this

#2246 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:43 AM

Urgg, hate dentists. 

#2247 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 September 2020 - 01:55 PM

Fishing hat they drive me to my most outer limits!I still have a TON more work that needs to be done. It beats the alternative though. No teeth!

#2248 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 September 2020 - 05:35 PM

Oh my goodness!!

My poor lovely Lovey!!

Really really feel for you. I haven't been to the dentist in 25 years!! But when it is something like this, you don't have a lot of choice. I can only imagine the anxiety that you would have been going through - what amazing bravery given your default state. Throw in the dentist, and you have something that no man - or woman - should bear!

In awe of you lovebumps - keep us posted.

IUN

#2249 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:56 PM

Iun you see me!! Thank you!!

You and LDN and hat are so kind and supportive. Such gratitude I feel for you!!

I am absolutely going to bite the bullet and take a full 1 mg xanax next dentist appointments. And space it out better. That was sure a mistake. I could not have predicted the neurologist would have taken so much out of me but it was just a lot of information to process and having the different visual and balanced tests was really quite exhausting it turns out. I still want to share more with you guys what I've learned so far but again it's nearly 9pm here and I'm pretty beat. I have an early appointment at the chiropractor tomorrow morning and I'm going to install artwork, my artwork at an architect's office tomorrow which is very exciting! So it's off to bed for this gal. Hope you're getting some sun and smiles Love lovey

#2250 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 10:29 PM

Lovey WOW massive congratulations about the art work!! So exciting! Plus I hope the chiropractor goes well!

You are doing so great!! Brilliant!!

I hope you have a good night! 

Much love!! 

God Bless!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users