Photo

Duloxetine Withdrawal Dizziness - Avoid Cymbalta!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kassapa

Kassapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 08:57 PM

I went with out food sleep and water in a meditation retreat and end up in hospital 9 months ago. Rather then letting me rest and contemplate my own stupidity, doctors put me on anti-psychotic medication and anti-depressants. Looking back on it I had a hell of a transition onto the medication. After deciding to come of all medication recently; as I think the doctors have been medicating me unnecessarily, I came off the first round of drugs with no effect (just a clearer mind), but coming of the duloxetine was another ball game all together.

I have been dizzy with brain zaps and dizziness only getting worse to the point where I have been in bed for the past 2 days. I only came off 4 days ago! I am glad I found this website, what a terrible drug.

I was on 30mg the last few months, 60mg before that. Anyway I will start with 10mg today (about 40 balls out of the home brand duloxetine capsule). And go up to 15mg tomorrow if not feeling any better.

Thankyou all for keeping this community! What a drug hey! I certainly would recommend people to avoid it. I can just imagine the poor people who are truly depressed them coming of this drug to face these side effects, holy goodness what where the regulators thinking allowing this drug. I really feel for all of you who have gone through such difficulties or still are.

#2 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 03 August 2018 - 06:49 AM

Hello Kassapa,

My advice is to stabalize before bead counting. Go back to 30 mg, stabalize, then the work begins. You have cold turkeyed, and you feel already like s***. Getting back on the 30 will bring you back.

It's only my advice, for what it's worth. But if you want to go to 10 or 15, it remains your choice. We never know, if it's too tough, your will know what to do Kassapa. Up to 30.

The 40 beads in a capsule is unknown from me. This could be hard when it comes to bead count.

What do you think Fishinghat?

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:01 AM

Welcome Kassapa

Gail I think he meant taking 40 balls out of the 30 mg capsule and then taking it and that would equate to a 10 mg dose.

Kassapa, I think you are off to a fine start and have a good plan. As Gail mentioned, if the 10 mg is not enough you can always go to a higher dose. Keep us posted.

#4 Kassapa

Kassapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 07:24 PM

Thankyou Gail and Fishinghat.
Since starting on 10mg yesterday, most of the vertigo stopped for a few hours and today generally feeling a bit better. I think will go up to 20mg if need be in a day or two.

Thanks for the advice Gail but I think will taper up until the symptoms subside (even if that means going back on the 30mg in the next week).

I suppose I have aversion to this drug now, so want to find the path of least resistance.

Thank goodness the terrible sea sickness vertigo feeling is gone though, certainly will be taking it easy for a few days, as still feel a little dizzy.

Thankyou for your kindness and support!

Apologies I can't donate to this site, but i am a monk and have a vowel of poverty as a part of our rules, so have no money, but I strongly suggest any that can support this site please do! Without it who knows how I, and the other thousands who have come here would of gone!

Peace, goodness and clarity.

#5 Kassapa

Kassapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 08:53 PM

Going up to 20mg as the full on vertigo was coming back.

#6 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 August 2018 - 05:55 AM

Kassapa,

Beautiful post, thank you. Good move with the 20 mg. Do keep us posted please.

A monk, I'm impressed as I have a great "admiration" for monks. Just started a book on someone wanting to be a monk, based on a true story. Thank you Kassapa!

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 August 2018 - 08:25 AM

Hey Kassapa, in the Thread "Summary of Cymbalta Withdrawal" in Medical Support there is a lot of information on what members have taken for the vertigo. Just do a search of that topic for the word 'dizziness'. I think most of the beneficial products contained meclizine (OTC) and did help a lot.

#8 Kassapa

Kassapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 06:05 AM

Thanks Gail and Fishinghat!

I am glad to say I had no dizzy spells today and I feel about 80% better (on 20mg).

Thanks Fishinghat I will look that up.

And Gail, thanks, I actually really enjoy being a Buddhist monk here in Western Australia! I am glad the robes inspire goodness in peoples hearts.

Well I shall update with any changes.

Thanks for the support, peace & clarity.

#9 Kassapa

Kassapa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 August 2018 - 04:39 AM

Apart from a day or two of headaches, I have been well, have droped down to 15mg, no dizziness as yet, so havnt needed to take anything for it yet.

Thanks again.
Peace

#10 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 August 2018 - 07:52 AM

Hi Kassapa,

That's good news, thank you for updating. I had not seen your previous post, I loved the way you spoke about being a monk. Thank you!

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 August 2018 - 08:15 AM

Indeed good news. Hang in there Kassapa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users