• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ILoveLife

ILoveLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:36 AM

Hello.  This is my 4th post.  I'm going down from 60 mgs Cymbalta to 50 mgs to 40 to 30 to 20.  I'm at 50 now.  I get a 20 mg pill and a 30 mg pill.  Recently tried going to 40 mgs.  The script was written as taking 2 20 mg capsules every day.   I had to get it filled at a different pharmacy.  The brand name for the 40 mgs (2-20's) was Torrent.  I tried it for 4 days.  Then I realized it was making me feel worse, lots of nausea and feeling like I was going to throw up.  So I still had some of the others left (the 20+30 =ing 50mgs) and took those.  But they will run out soon.  so I began researching where I could get the same pharmacy that made them for my next refill.  (the 20's are made by Sun and the 30's by Citron).  But of 3 pharmacies called, none carry Sun and Citron (the ones that didn't make me sick) except a pharmacy that I am no longer allowed to get them at.  (a story I can share later).   Anyway, so going back on the 50 mgs made me feel better.  Did that for a couple days. But then I had this thought that maybe it wasn't the BRAND but maybe it was going from 50 to 40 milligrams.....?  Do you have an opinion about this?

#2 ILoveLife

ILoveLife

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 11:41 AM

So, in order to test my theory, I am putting together the 20 mgs from Torrent (the one that "made me sick") and the 30 from Citron.  So far, so good.   

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:05 PM

I am guessing it was from the drop although most can go down to 30 mg without a problem (but not all).

I contacted Citron at the link at the bottom and they said if you would contact them they could tell you what pharmacies in your area handle their products.

citronpharma.com/contact

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 August 2018 - 06:13 AM

Hello Ilovelife,

I never saw your post....I got lost somewhere. My doc says to never change generics while on treatment, as they can vary in strength by 10%.

I would say, that it's the drop that caused the symptoms, not the brand. I wouldn't worry about it. Try to stay on the same brand for now on, as the number of beads vary greatly between brands. So if you decide to bead count, it will be in a stable manner.

Keep us posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users