Photo

3 Months In And Suffering And No Idea Where To Go...

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#121 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:02 PM

"Went onto 30mg Citalopram (what I was on before Dulox) when I dropped to 10mg Dulox... so 13 days ago.

OK. I really underestimated these last few mg. I have found some acid-resistant capsules on eBay, and they will be here well in time. Have more than enough beads to see me through."

Not long enough for the 30 to kick in yet but the 20 should be helping more than it is.

I feel better knowing you should have plenty of beads left. That is great.

#122 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:20 PM

I also thought the Citalopram would be coming to my aid a bit better, but I am not discounting the fact that the last 2 weeks have been significantly better than the previous 6 weeks.

Problem being... I was clearly not tolerating the Dulox when I was at 60mg dose - as you will remember, I had headaches, dizzy spells, and the runs of course. So the fact that this is now doing a number on me - even with the Citalopram - should not come of so much surprise I guess...

#123 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:23 PM

This should cover me....

Attached File  balls.jpg   190.47KB   0 downloads

#124 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:07 PM

Ohhh, that brings back unpleasant memories.

#125 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2018 - 04:14 PM

Apologies 'hat.

Hope that didn't upset you too much. 

But every night that damn tube comes out and I start counting again!!

#126 pobes15

pobes15

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:23 PM

I was on Citalopram for about 5 years before being switched over to Cymbalta. I think I took 40mg if I remember correctly. I can't speak to how it will aid the Dulox withdrawal, but Citalopram really worked well for me over that time for my anxiety. Hoping that it can end up doing similar for you IUN. Congrats on getting through another day, hopefully they start to get better.

#127 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:35 PM

No, no problem IUN. That was/is such a bad time for us all. I just want everyone to get better.

#128 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:58 PM

God bless you both.

Hopefully as the 30mg starts to full kick in, it will help me deal with these last 10mg.

And Pobes - well done to you too. Your day has been a similar marathon by the sounds. I sincerely hope you get to the root of this anxiety onset. 

Glad it is the end of the day, but still struggling to relax - just hope my hypnic jerks ease a bit, otherwise it'll have to be a valium. Try to avoid as much as I can...

#129 pobes15

pobes15

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:25 PM

Best of luck - hope it is a restful and peaceful night for you and the wife.

#130 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:39 AM

We both had a good sleep I am glad to report.

However, I have woken similar to yesterday. Anxiety is really gripping me. Already tense, heart pounding, thoughts all over the place and can't stay still.

I have gone back to 56 beads (10mg) and hopefully this will level me out. I will be staying on this dose until I know this has become a new baseline. 

#131 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 October 2018 - 03:05 PM

Had another seizure so I was told to get myself to hospital. All vitals were spot on, bloods checked out, but I have been referred to the neuro clinic.

I do think this is a bit over the top, but the doctor said that because I am going slow off the Dulox that this shouldn't really be happening. I told him that what I have read, that seizures can occur with this med, but all the same, he wanted to refer me. He was also concerned as I had a subdural haematoma a few years back - car accident courtesy of a fuel spill from a truck in front on the motorway.

He thought the two could be related somehow, and possibly mild epilepsy. I think it very unlikely as nothing to evidence this has occurred in the previous 14 years since the above.

The trials and tribulations go on... sigh

#132 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:36 PM

IUN, you e right, he is probably overreacting but with so many people looking to sue drs he is playing it safe. Yes, it is more likely with a fast drop of Cymbalta but it can happen at a slow drop rate as well.Several of our members have had these events.

#133 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 October 2018 - 05:59 PM

Very grateful for your opinion 'hat.

Going by the fact that this has occurred at the same point in each drop, it is fairly conclusive IMO.

Will report back as to how the 10mg finds me. From what I remember, I should not expect (but may be fortunate!) to get positive results for a couple more days while blood levels balance out again.

Time and patience :)

#134 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 October 2018 - 10:39 AM

Withdrawal is a bit better, but still got bad dizziness and head fog. Mild headache and stomach cramps. 

But thoughts have now come flooding in. They have filled the gap where the withdrawal has eased off a little. I am just so tired of this pathetic living. I have been going round in circles for 14 months. Sure, I have progressed, but there is always something there to stop me getting any further.

Having real trouble seeing a way forward today.

Doesn't help the Mrs is also very low and popping her Valium again.

#135 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:40 PM

"...popping her Valium again"

Do you think she is taking too many valium? Too many can lead to depression. How long has she been on it?

#136 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:46 PM

She has been prescribed them for around 12 months, but she has been relying more and more for around 4 months now. But the last 2-3 weeks has seen her take 1 or 2 per day. 

I have tried to get her over the CBD oil, but her preference is still the Valium.

I do not touch it now. With 2 AD's still in my system, I don't really want another in there unless it is absolutely necessary...

#137 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 October 2018 - 04:52 PM

1 or 2 a day is not a lot. Valium is not to be used for a period to exceed 4 months (it is the same for most benzos) as the addiction rate rises, the effectiveness drastically decreases and the severity of withdrawal increases. Also valium is anxiolytic meaning it fights anxiety BUT should not be given for depression as it can make it worse.

#138 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 October 2018 - 05:37 PM

Glad to know it is not a lot, but it worries me all the same that she will get too reliant on it, and that it will be a downward spiral. 

As I said, for me to take it, it is a last resort. Last time I took it was sitting outside a tribunal court - i think that warrants its use. Much like the zolpidem that I mentioned in Pobes post, it is enough to know that it is there.

Thanks for your input 'hat. Appreciated as always...

#139 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:14 PM

Had a different turn guys and in need of support please....

My physical withdrawal symptoms are much better, but I have felt quite edgy all day. About an hour ago, I just thought - very briefly - about the bit of extra work I have this week and a wave of something came over me. Can't describe it. Fear. Stress. Anxiety. Panic. All at once.

I just got in the car and now home. I'm so scared. Got in bed and held the wife and not wanting to let go. I just feel so scared... of everything. Don't want to move. 

Someone PLEASE tell me this is withdrawal and it will pass. So scared....

#140 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:17 PM

A severe panic attack. It is probably from the withdrawal and it will pass. Distract yourself, deep breathing exercises, etc will help.

#141 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2018 - 06:42 PM

Thank you 'hat.

I didn't recognise it as a panic attack as I haven't had one for months (fortunately), and those that I did were only when I was in crowded public places. I just didn't expect this to happen. Goodness though - very scary.

It began to ease around 9pm. I had some CBD oil and distracted with some research analysis. 

Will get back into a routine of doing my breathing and meditation. I have let it slip of late.... and forget how useful it can be 

#142 pobes15

pobes15

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

I struggle with these thoughts whenever I have to think about what I have to do at work - everything seems so overwhelming.

Deep breaths always help...slowing down the mind and all of the thoughts you are having.

Hope everything is ok...

#143 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:19 PM

Another day in hospital and feel so lousy.

I woke with the most gripping feeling of dread I have ever known. No thinking. There as soon as I stirred awake. Sincerely hope this is the chemicals again. 

Had L-Theanine along with my Dulox and a Valium and things just got worse. A lot worse. Ambulance took me to hospital. Loads more tests, threw up all over the place when they took my blood. Then I was in observation all afternoon on drip as I was severely dehydrated. 

Just got home and really just cannot imagine this getting any worse.

#144 pobes15

pobes15

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:21 PM

So sorry to hear that IUN. Really hoping things start to turn for the better for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

#145 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 October 2018 - 03:39 PM

Thanks so much. Likewise. Just need to take some time out. Such a big difference a couple of days can make.

Bless you Pobes.

And although I know squat about baseball (is it?), I am also glad that your team cam through with their success!

#146 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 30 October 2018 - 04:03 PM

Oh my sweet Scrat,

At the hospital again. Can't they find anything?

I will take time to pray for the white light to embrace you. I'm so sorry, as so many of us landed in the ER while in withdrawal only to go back home, they found nothing. I didn't go, thank God! You still on Celexa? You haven't mentioned it, you probably forgot.

Acorn just dropped a tear, he's so sensitive. He is in good hands, don't worry about our little guy. Dear Scrat, we are with you and hope that your wife can manage.

Hello Pobes, we need mighty prayers here for our friend, let's do it, thank you.

Now, Scrat, you rest, you are in loving arms that will help you through this, love Sid

#147 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 October 2018 - 05:49 PM

Gail - my guardian angel...

No, they didn't find anything. Just told me I should not be self-medicating. When will they realise? There is no-one (outside of this forum) to turn to! But I have to hand it to the sisters of mercy in the UK hospitals. They really know how to lift a persons spirits. Got me sandwiches, tea - even offered to sing to me!

I can well imagine how many ER stories you will have heard here before my arrival. Upsetting that I have become a statistic, but I at least can use my experiences in the future when helping others on the forum. No-one should ever have to go through it.

Please give acorn a little squeeze from his daddy and tell him everything is ok now. 

I really value your prayers as I try not to think about the next day. It has to pass, and it WILL pass. I just need this 10mg to stabalise and I can have some rest before going UBER-SLOW. I don't care how long it takes anymore. 

Sending shooting stars, rainbows and unicorns back to you both

#148 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 October 2018 - 06:15 PM

'hat....

Further to Gail's suggestion in another post, would you suggest I go up a few beads to perhaps 15mg, or try my best to stick it out at 10mg? 

I seem to get physical withdrawal around 11-12 days after the drop, and then the depression/anxiety follows that. But as this time around it has been significantly worse, I would value your guidance. 

Today is the 3rd day back on the 10mg (from the 10-9-8-7mg taper last week), so might be jumping the gun...??

#149 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 October 2018 - 07:48 AM

IUN, it just really depends on how bad it is and if you can handle it and still function. Three days back to 10?....Well if you can give it another day or two before jumping up again. It takes Cymbalta 3 days for blood levels to stabilize so hang in there at least one more day. If you do go back up I would try 12 mg first. The more you go up the more you have to come back down.

#150 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 October 2018 - 08:24 AM

OK - thanks 'hat. I am pleased to say that whilst my anxiety is quite bad this morning (bought on by the hospital yesterday I am sure), I did not have the feelings of dread.

It does concern me that all the work I have put into getting my anxiety under control is going to be for nothing. But I can see it is the withdrawal. Just need to get stable again and the sooner I can do that, the sooner my confidence will return...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users