Photo

3 Months In And Suffering And No Idea Where To Go...

• Please log in to reply
222 replies to this topic

#211 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:16 AM

2 DAYS TO GO....

Woke up after only 4 hours sleep feeling anxious. Kept tossing and turning. Now feeling very agitated and stress triggers are very small. The wife was saying she has a headache and a problem with eBay and this was enough to tip the scales a worrying amount.

Just want to have the last 2 doses over with, but today's 30 beads are done and going to try my best to take an hour at a time - or maybe half hour at a time.

Wondering whether a benzo will help with the stress anxiety. I worry to do anything or go anywhere in case something triggers it. Such a horrible feeling.

#212 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 November 2018 - 09:16 AM

A benzo would probably help. Hang in there. We are with you.

#213 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 November 2018 - 07:02 PM

Very glad to say that the tide turned and I had a much better day after around 2pm. Managed some work - but held back as I cannot overdo it - something I have been guilty of in the past.

Omega 3 (algae derived) due in the morning. No idea how this will live up to the fishy variety, or indeed how it may affect my symptoms, but I at least need to give it a go. I will report back on this as I go. 

Meanwhile, it is 2 more capsules to go. Deep breath and carry on.

Thanks again all for support and prayers.

#214 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 November 2018 - 09:44 AM

1 DAY TO GO...

So after little sleep the night before, I had some CBD oil which sent me nicely off to what Gail calls La-la land! About 5 hours in (9am - yes, I sleep late - have delayed sleep phase disorder), got woken up by health workers who were told not to come after 12 noon. NO NO!! Not BEFORE 12 noon. Grrrrr. Impossible to sleep after that as the noise of the intercom freaks me out.

However, anxiety so so, bit of depression creeping in and whilst not shaking etc like yesterday, I have the "out of it" feeling. Just seem very disconnected from anyone and everything. I sort of go into a world of my own, and then snapping out of it gives me an anxious jolt - if that makes sense to anyone??

#215 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:02 PM

Omega 3 arrived and really REALLY annoyed. Small print on the label - "serving size 2 capsules". So 60 tablets with 800mg combined EPA/DHA became 30 servings. Then double that, and add another to get to the quota of 2000mg... so I have just done $22 on a 12 day supply  :o

But if it works... well...Ideally would like to know if this is going to be of benefit - but will 12 days be enough?

'Hat - should I go right ahead with the 2000mg (5 capsules!), or should I start lower? Any experience on taking at different times of the day?

#216 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 November 2018 - 03:49 PM

Take them with meals and yes I would start with 2000 mg a day. Watch for an upset stomach (it makes some peoples stomach roll a lot). 12 days will be enough to tell. It doesn't matter when you take them but I wouldn't take them before bed time in case they upset the tummy.

#217 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 November 2018 - 04:26 PM

Gotcha. 

Many thanks. 

#218 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:48 AM

LAST DAY....

Not a good report. Woke early with the worst dread and then started having dizziness, then whole body shakes, sharp pains in head and horrible paranoia. Kept rolling around in the bed shaking, not being able to control. Just felt like I wanted to tear my brain out of my head. Then a crying fit with my wife in a bear grip. 

I sincerely hope this is the worst of it.

No more pills now. So scared.

Any clues as to whether I can expect similar now I have stopped? And how long I should prepare for?

#219 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 November 2018 - 09:52 AM

I would say a lot of similar experiences are forth coming. Typically 6 to 8 more months but sometimes less in those that taper slowly.

Prayers and hugs my freind

#220 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:09 AM

Hello Scrat,

I'm sorry, I have never seen your posts on the subject. Just found you.

Yes, we are here for you, prayers and while light for you.

I can't figure out how I could have miss your posts! Lovage

#221 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 November 2018 - 11:52 AM

Thanks ever so for your support guys.

I am feeling a little better now. Still speech issues, but the rest seems to have subsided. I have been battling with this horrible stuff 5 months, so if I am at least at the brow of the hill symptoms-wise, it is a starting point. 

Overall it was a 4 weeks to get to full dose, then 10 weeks on the dose, and 10 weeks withdrawal. Really hope this adds up to something of a truncated withdrawal. Will see how it goes.

Following Gail's suggestion, I will start a new topic to chart the post-drug withdrawal. But it will be so useful to be able to look back over this topic in the weeks and months to come.

Will try to remember to post a permalink to the new topic here so others who come across this in the future can follow it up.

#222 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:50 PM

Scrat, since I had not seen this, perhaps continue with the same topic here!

#223 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:27 AM

Still taken your original advice Gail as I think it will be easier for other users to get straight to any info they might want.

So, a big thank you to everyone who has contributed to this topic, to say it has been a help is such an understatement. The follow-up topic can be found here;

https://www.cymbalta...fter-last-dose/

I will continue to document my withdrawal from here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users